openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I got my HDD on there, created a file, its on the network i think and i added plex, the plugins, and now I am lost. I have no idea what to do next and i cant seem to add a network drive. I would like some tips with different os since we have Windows, Android, MacOS, Linux, and ios. I am obviously new to the whole NAS, RAID storage, and plex. I had a Pi, some HDDs and decided to try something. We lost some HDDs when our PC went down some time ago. Hope a NAS Pi setup would be more stable. Also plex is interesting. Need help moving forward.
  • Why php5 AND php7 packages in OMV-4 ? OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x

Titanet

New

Since upgrade from OMV-3 to OMV-4, i receive mails from monit or cron daemon each 30 mn :

Source Code

1. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    and here is error message from systemctl :

Source Code

1. openmv php5-fpm[1126]: [12-Dec-2017 21:38:04] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object failed to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    So i stopped Monit service and notification via Gui.

Do i have to remove php5 packages ?
  • New

I get grub to load up and about 4-6 lines later black screen. Nothing I do will show the info and the login page.

Ive changed grub to

Source Code

1. GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768
    2. GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
    Which works fine for grub but after a few lines after grub boom black screen again.

its like its loading something when OMV is booting which wipes grubs settings and back to default.

Any ideas been searching for the last week without any luck.

Cheers

(Stone Burner 2.2.14)
  • New

Und zwar habe ich folgendes Problem
    Ich nutze Openmediavault auf einem BananaPi, installiert auf einer MicroSD Karte
    Angeschlossen habe ich eine externe Sata Festplatte, die vollständig in Openmediavault eingerichtet ist
    Nun möchte ich mittels Syncthing, meine Daten zb. vom einem Laptop, auf die externe Sata Festplatte syncronisieren.
    Dies klappt aber irgendwie nicht.
    Ich habe einen Ordner freigegeben und Syncthing als Nutzer definiert.
    Syncthing nutzt aber trotzdem noch die MicroSD Karte
    Vielleicht kann mir jemand weiterhelfen
    Ich wäre sehr dankbar

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Blackscreen On VGA after new install (Bug?)

DarkVodka34

I have no idea what I am doing. Need guidance, Raspberry Pi 3, OMV V 3.0.79, NAS, Plex

cabrio_leo

Einzige Festplatte nicht nutzbar

cabrio_leo

Duplicati time out error on delete

RHCPNG

New installation 1.0.20, black screen

DarkVodka34

Recent Activities

• DarkVodka34 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Blackscreen On VGA after new install (Bug?).

Fixed with this code. Source Code (1 line)For anyone else with these problems
  • I didn´t know that it is possible to give a like to itself. Unforeseen possibilities ^^ As I read here in several threads there should be better ARM-based devices for OMV, than RPi´s. E.g. forum.openmediavault.org/index…t-ARM-platform-to-choose/
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Einzige Festplatte nicht nutzbar.

Quote from Sc0rp: “Einfach die erste Partition verkleinern, und in dem freigewordenen Platz eine neue (primäre) Partition anlegen ” So hatte ich ihm das auch schon empfohlen. @PlerTanixs Aussage nach, bootet OMV danach nicht mehr. Daher hatte ich den…
  • RHCPNG -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Duplicati time out error on delete.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “mono is a pain to remove due to the number of packages and the number of ways it can be installed. I would look at the list of packages that might be mono with: dpkg -l | grep mono and remove the packages that look like mono…
  • DarkVodka34 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Resolved New installation 1.0.20, black screen.

Quote from llerorion: “Hello guys. Sorry....By Google translator: For several days I have been looking for information on this topic. The Debian installation solution did not fix anything.I also saw the screen in black when I finished starting omv. I…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Einzige Festplatte nicht nutzbar.

Re, Quote from macom: “Ja, da war was mit Partitionen "nach vorne" schieben. ” Das kommt ganz darauf an, wie OMV die SWAP-Partition angelegt hat ... aber auch nur wenn man vom alten /dev/sdX-Numbering ausgeht! OMV3 nutzt die UUIDs der Partitionen,…
  • Markess -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flmaxey: “It has become the right thread to babble about (energy efficient) R-PI's, and other less frequently used ARM devices. ” Yeah, let's talk about the way more interesting ARM devices compared to Raspberries :) Challenge: (less than) 5W…
  • I got my HDD on there, created a file, its on the network i think and i added plex, the plugins, and now I am lost. I have no idea what to do next and i cant seem to add a network drive. I would like some tips with different os since we have Windows,…
  • drew_p13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Cannot view filesystem after creation.

I am using 3.0.94 I get the same error when trying to upload the plugin you linked. When I look at the ZFS plugin in the plugins list for OMV, I get another error that says "E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages", which I copied…