openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,
    I'm seeking advice on how best to implement a NAS backup process. I have an existing ReadyNAS that I would like to periodically backup with my PC based OMV box. Ideally I would like this to be totally autonomous where the OMV box is usually sleeping. Once a week or so I would like for it to wake, then search the ReadyNAS for any changes and update its database to keep it current. After that I would like for the OMV box to then go back asleep, waiting for the next wakeup event to repeat the same sequence.The intention here is to have a backup that is mostly offline and untouchable by any malware, ransomware or whatever that can be used to restore my systems in the event of an infection.

Any advice on how to implement this?

Thanks very much!
  • New

Hi all,

I'm on macOS 10.12.5 and OMV 3.0.71 and I can't login with my user credentials. I can not login via Finder, even though the BananaPi I set OMV up on appears in its sidebar. I can also not login via the Time Machine setup dialog, even though the drive appears. It's as if I'd enter the wrong credentials, even though I'm sure I don't since I use a password manager and just copy and paste them. The user has read-write permission on the share that is provided via AFP.

The same behavior happens when trying to login via my user account, via the web admin or via root. It prompts me for username and password and rejects anything I enter. I have no idea what could have gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • New

I am having difficulty setting up my samba shares. I can see all the files on my drives, but I can't write to them. I tried reset permissions, and that didn't work.

Here's how I setup the reset permissions:

Here are the groups my user are in:

SMB/CIFS settings:

SMB/CIFS Shares:

Settings of one of the Shares:

Shared Folders:

Reset Permission Settings I Used:
    '
    All the shares show up, but I can only write to homes. I can read from the others.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

libgdiplus 3.12-0xamarin1+jpeg62.1 install error

ryecoaaron

Samba server not visible on network

Wolf2000

Cannot logon by GUI

Wolf2000

MergerFS

rbnet

(Wake > Backup -> Sleep) Repeat

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread libgdiplus 3.12-0xamarin1+jpeg62.1 install error.

What is the output of: apt-cache policy libgdiplus apt-get update
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Samba server not visible on network.

Hi What does the ping say ping IP-Adress-WinPC
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Samba server not visible on network.

Not sure what is going on, I have seen more samba problems in the last month or two. On the smb/cifs page the default log level is none. Change it to debug and start samba. systemctl start smbd Then look at the logs for a clue. Remember to set it back…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot logon by GUI.

Hi Use GParted Live CD to shrink Partition 3 from the SD card. But first make a backup with the Win32DiskImager. gparted.org/download.php
  • rbnet -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x MergerFS.

• JSKershaw -

Replied to the thread libgdiplus 3.12-0xamarin1+jpeg62.1 install error.

Source Code (12 lines)Here's the output and when I log back into OMV I have the same update still showing.
  • trapexit -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x MergerFS.

I didn't mean your OS and such... I mean... at the time the file is being written what is the directory layouts, size of every drive, files which may or may not exist already, etc. The literal state of the filesystems at the time. Regardless... I'm not…
  • Fylb -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (Wake > Backup -> Sleep) Repeat.

Thread
    Hi, I'm seeking advice on how best to implement a NAS backup process. I have an existing ReadyNAS that I would like to periodically backup with my PC based OMV box. Ideally I would like this to be totally autonomous where the OMV box is usually sleeping.…
  • jaros85 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot logon by GUI.

Ok I see that there is problem with one of partition What can I delete. root@malinkapi:/# df -h File system Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/root 4,4G 4,4G 0 100% / devtmpfs 481M 0 481M 0% /dev tmpfs …
  • Geromey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x VDR Plugin No Channel Data.

Hey Hoppel, sorry for the late reply, i'm just back from the vacation. They told me, they change the amplifier today, but there is still the same error. Tomorrow they call me again and I think they will measure each connector in my apartment. I will…