openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Dear all,

at the moment I´m setting up my new OMV-device.
    I´ve used a german tutorial from Technikaffe to build up OMV (4.0.14).

Sadly I´ve noticed that I´ve to do a repartition from my system device to use the empty space. That was one of the last bullet points at the tutorial.

I´ve used pretty new server hardware. But there´s a small problem. To do some maintenance for example via a live cd I´ve to remove a grafic card from another mashine and plug it in into my server, because the server does not have any graphic chip. To set it up first I´ve done this that way. Pretty ugly!

I´ve noticed that´s possible to boot up SystemRescueCD. There I could use Gparted to do the job. But when I use "boot SystemRescueCD once" the system restarts and that´s it. There´s no DHCP-request at my router. No way to get any SSH-Connection.
    When I manually restart the system after no response it´s going to boot normal @ OMV.

Is there any way to use gparted remote?

Thx in advance!

Kind regards!…
  • New

Hello. I am inexperienced in networking and I apologize if this question is very simple to answer.

What I am trying to achieve is connecting a machine running OMV to my PC using an ethernet cable. If I try to do this, my PC simply sees it as an undentified network. I also get an error, ''Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration''. Windows 7.
    I want to know whether it is possible to configure the devices so the network is functional.
  • New

Hello,

I currently have a M700 with a i7-6700T, 32 GB ram and a 250 SSD hooked up to 2 4 Bay MediaSonic ProBox external HD enclosures running 8 Drives with 2 raid 5's giving me a total of 10.83 (5.41 each). The system works well consumes less power then an average machine. I very seldom have issues that are not of my own making. This device has 6 USB 3.0 slots. I'm trying to decide if I should move to a full size desktop. I like the thought of moving to eSATA with the MediaSonics or just putting them all in a case. I just don't want to lose the minimum power consumption.

What I do witht he current system

I stream TV and Movies remotely to another user in the city so transcoding does happen, I also use rutorrent and irssi, Duplicati for backups, Docker, Deluge, Plex media server, and MergeFS.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Virtual CIFS server

KeremE

? [Newbie] General questions for preparing 1st PI + OMV + miniDLNA installation

tkaiser

Connecting through LAN

jollyrogr

Is it possible to install OMV to an M.2 PCIe SSD and run it from this SSD?

jollyrogr

OMV auf Laptop

Even_loonger

Recent Activities