openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I was thinking about using the flash memory plugin (since I temporarily use a 32gb SD card through usb 3.0) as my boot drive for OMV. I checked bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…iavault-flashmemory/view#

There is no documentation on the readme or the release notes.

1. Does the plugin turn of all writes to the whole SD card(even the extra space not used by OMB o/s)?

2. Plex has to encode the media file before serving it up to the client. If plex was using the boot drive to encode the media, where is plex going to encode the files now? (i.e. Ram? My external USB hard drive containing my movies?)

3. I have 16GB of ram, I see barely about 2gb of usage. How much more ram wil be used by the flash memory plugin to stop writes to my SD card? Is this dynamically allocated based on total memory or usage, or is it a fixed amount?

4. After the flash memory plugin is installed successfully, is there a downside to using this?

5. Is the Ram drive that the flash memory plugin…
  • New

Hello :) ,

I'm going to make my server available from the outside. I would like to use iptables for more security.
    However, I don't want to use the graphical interface because I already have my own set of rules. Is that possible?
    I thought I would carry out these steps :
    1. Create a bash script
    2. Insert iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.rules , then include my iptables rules.
    3. Move the iptables script to /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/
    4. sudo chmod +x /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables
    5. Reboot

Is that correct? Is there another procedure?
  • New

Hello!

I´m building a NAS using 2 2TB HDD in Raid 1 Mode.

One purpose of the NAS is to act as storage server vor a security cam.
    This cam is known to have problems with partitions bigger than 250gb.

Because of this I need to partition the discs to 1 partition with about 250gb and the rest for another partition.

My question now is: how can I archieve this?

I cannot find a way using the webinterface....

When partitioning the disk using parted or fdisk the webinterface seems to not recognize the partitions.

So how?????

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Error after install

skyline1

New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+

cezargradianu

Old parts, new life

Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding

tr3bjockey

MPD Server Guide?

cruachan

Recent Activities

• suresh -

Wrote a comment on suresh’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Hello guys, If you are looking for the government job and especially you want to do the job in the railway then you have to visit my site to know about the latest railway job notification.
  • skyline1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error after install.

I think I have found the cause of this problem When I updated it loaded the Linux 4.18.0 Kernel which was the default restart Kernel On the next restart I hit space on the boot screen to stop the timer and selected the 4.14.0 Kernel and booted…
  • cezargradianu -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Got it to work. Thank you guys! Issue with the sharing. I’m doing the windows share and Mac share, but I created a user and went to set read and write on that user for the shared folders yet when I access the folder I can only read. Any ideas?
  • tr3bjockey -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

I saw this site that tells you if your motherboard is compatible with Debian. kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/ASUS/M5A99FX+PRO+R2.0 I check our motherboard and noticed that ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller did not have a "yes" next to it. I do have a usb…
  • Enable SSH with Public Key Authentication (Securing remote webUI access to OMV) Intro This guide covers how to enable ssh access in omv with PKA, this will secure access to the text console to allow only the person who has the private key to access…
  • cruachan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

Hi TechnoDadLife, Can I ask was it the same docker image (vimagick/mpd) that you were trying to setup or another one?. And if it was the same one did you get further than me (ie did you get the container to run but failed to get it configured correctly)…
  • tr3bjockey -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -.

Thread
    I was thinking about using the flash memory plugin (since I temporarily use a 32gb SD card through usb 3.0) as my boot drive for OMV. I checked bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…iavault-flashmemory/view# There is no documentation on the readme or the…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to partition data disks.

why raid 1? I would recommend using an automated rsync backup or something along those lines.
  • booga -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Create iptables rules in CLI.

Thread
    Hello :) , I'm going to make my server available from the outside. I would like to use iptables for more security. However, I don't want to use the graphical interface because I already have my own set of rules. Is that possible? I thought I would carry…
  • jcd -

Replied to the thread How to replace default network interface with macvlan?.

I haven't given up yet! I think my configuration script above was wrong and couldn't work at all. In the help I found this example: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/various/advset.html. I also made some progress with the macvlan topic. With the…