openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello there,

I have some problems with VPN and torguard support ask me to update result:

root@nas-robert:~# apt-get install network-manager
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    network-manager is already the newest version (1.6.2-3).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

They ask me to install :

packages.debian.org/sid/network-manager

But .... apt not allow that
  • New

Hello there

First time forum-poster here :). I recently migrated from FreeNAS to OMV and while it's had it's challenges I think I'm largely there. I've created a RAID Mirror with 2 x 4TB disks and it's populated with data. I would now like to expand this mirror by adding another 2 x 3TB disks, however I now get the above error "/dev/sda not large enough to join array" when I use the "Grow" button in the Storage->Raid Management menu option. I can't imagine I need another set of 2 drive identical to the existing ones in the mirror.

Has anyone perhaps come across this before and able to advise on how to resolve?

Thanks very much
    Phil
  • New

Today, I've done the usual "sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get -y upgrade" on an existing Raspberry Pi server with Rasbpian Jessie as the underlying OS that I'm using as a NAS box with OMV 3.0.99.

Rebooted the device and connected with SSH and after a couple of minutes, I'm getting kernel panic error messages as outlined with attached transcript file raspberry_kernel_panic.txt and the device freezes or comes to a complete standstill. Have to unplug the PSU and then power it on again.

Any idea what this might be related to? From the cryptic output it seems to be a kernel error.
  • New

Hi,

I'm running OpenMediaVault under KVM using Proxmox with a PCIe passthrough SATA card.
    This seems to work. I can't yet tell about the long term stability but it looks allright.
    However Proxmox is not able to see/control the used memory of the guest OS as the balloon functionality is not running (pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-qm.html#qm_memory).
    This is however included in the Linux kernel for quite some time now.
    Any idea how to fix this?

Regards,

Poke43
  • New

Can't get MiniDLNA to work in OMV 4 on my Raspberry Pi 3.
    Installed through plugins page, no errors.
    service minidlna status gives:

● minidlna.service - LSB: minidlna server
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/minidlna; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (exited) since Fri 2018-05-25 14:48:30 CEST; 3min 4s ago
    Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 16697 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/minidlna start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    CPU: 0
    CGroup: /system.slice/minidlna.service

May 25 14:48:29 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: minidlna server...
    May 25 14:48:30 raspberrypi minidlna[16697]: /usr/sbin/minidlnad: error while loading shared libraries: libmmal_core.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    May 25 14:48:30 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: minidlna server.

Any ideas?

I've googled libmmal_core.so, but haven't understood what it is or what it does (or in this case, doesn't do...).

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

[Sensors] OMV-Sensors in OMV 4.1.x

David B

OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install

donh

NextCloud Installation Q & A

tinh_x7

General discussion moved from another thread!!

flmaxey

Advice on My documents...

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x [Sensors] OMV-Sensors in OMV 4.1.x.

Quote from epicfail: “Any updates on this? I really liked the plugin on OMV 3 ” As I expected, I've been too busy to dedicate any further time to this. Full disclosure: I am not the main developer of this plugin. I am just a random guy who would…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install.

This is going to take more work than it seems. I don't have time at the moment. So here is what I would do. Look here and find as many of those as you can. packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/ wget url as above. After you have them dpkg -i a.deb
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Quote from riff-raff: “I extracted my /nextcloud/data to a different location, my shares are /Storage/nextcloud/nextcloud /Storage/nextcloud/nextcloud_data Is it neccessary to install nc fresh or just unzip the package, since all relevant…
  • donh -

apt-get install each missing dependency. Do all even if one fails. We will probably find the ones that fail here. packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/
  • pinajj -

* :/home/joao# dpkg -i openmediavault_4.1.6_all.deb Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault. (Reading database ... 254627 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack openmediavault_4.1.6_all.deb ... Unpacking…
  • donh -

Sorry. dpkg -i openmediavault_4.1.6_all.deb
  • pinajj -

After run each apt-get, the last, show this: * /home/joao# apt-get install openmediavault_4.1.6_all.deb Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Well, the obvious difference between the two would be hardware (years apart) which software would interact with differently. Quote from geaves: “ But it's all running Ok now....so....if it ain't broke don't fix it. :) ” That one has served me well.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Advice on My documents....

As a matter of organization, I keep files on a local machine during editing processes or even permanently if their importance is low. Since I'm running Urbackup on my OMV server (as noted by @Alomamabobo) , my clients on are backed up a regular basis to…