openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV

tkaiser

New server installation: omv iso installer VS omv pkg on existing debian ?

Wifi adapters support

gderf

virtualbox install issue headers?

marvelous

Procedure for moving Harddrive to another system running OMV.

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV.

Quote from Reutemann: “Did the armbian -u, says uploaded to ix.io/1yBU ” All that can be read from the log is 'filesystem already corrupted', nothing else in there (armbianmonitor -u only uploads last 250 lines from dmesg output). But even more dmesg
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from kledder: “It would be very helpful if there would be a "supported wifi NICS" list for OMV. ” This would be something Debian would provide.
  • marvelous -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

no that's the kernel that was installed, what's the safest/best way to upgrade the kernel on omv?
  • kledder -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It might be easier to use a wireless bridge. ” Probably true but I must insist on using a wireless NIC. I did a bit more research and only the 2 Edimax and Asus PCE-AC55BT card support Linux. For Asus PCE-AC55BT (and the B1…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “The latest back ports kernel is 4.19. It shouldn't be long until the 4.20 upgrade is available on OMV but, as far as I can tell, it's not available at this time. ” The backports kernel is the next version of Debian's kernel. …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

The plugin is dependent on linux-headers-adm64 which means you will have to run the latest kernel (4.19 now). Is there a reason you are still on such an old kernel?
  • elsmandino -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Procedure for moving Harddrive to another system running OMV..

Thread
    Hello. I have just bought myself an Odroid HC2, so I now have two systems on my network running OMV. I want to move one of the hard drives from my original server to the HC2 - do I have to anything about permissions before I do this (I have added the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apache.

Quote from michelefaccini: “Can I just install apache without docker ? ” Yes but you need to make sure it isn't listening on the same port(s) as nginx. Quote from michelefaccini: “Isn't better and easier for a newbie ? ” Better? Not in my…
  • 5xeVo -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Nut issues after install.

Like (Post)
    Please execute Shell-Script (1 line) to create the required database entries.
  • 5xeVo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Nut issues after install.

I had the same issue with NUT service and after manually creating "conf.service.nut" NUT service started without problem. Here is my readout of "conf.service.nut": {"upsname": "ups", "comment": "", "shutdownmode": "onbatt", "remotepassword": "",