openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I begin a new post after reinstallation OMV 4

My old sytem OMV 2.XX was crashed.

i would rebuid my old pool who was on ZFS

i 'm at the beginning :
    I installed SSL
    and follow this tuto :
    i have instaledl plugin OMVextra
    install promox kernel
    and remove the other kernel ( seems to be better to install ZFS )

now : i'm on linux4.15 18-4

but when i'm going in zfs section and try to create a new pool , i don't see the devices.
    but there are on disk section. ( i have 6 disks )

1 Ask : it's the good way to refind my old pool on my several disks
    2 why i'm don't see the devices

thanks for your helping to find my 6 Tera data :/
  • New

So I had an asymmetrical Raid1 as a basic file server. One drive was .5Tb and the other was 2Tb. I just replaced the .5 with another 2Tb, and I'm trying to resize the filesystem to match the new size.

My issue is functionally identical to the one in this thread, so I followed the same instructions, ie forcing mdadm to resync to the max capacity. However now that it's completed, the webclient still is showing the former size, and the thread essentially stops after running this command. What do I need to do to get it the right size? My guess was to ssh into the system and run parted, but I figured there's a better way to do this.

EDIT: After looking around on the forum, it looks like doing a Raid1 was a bad idea from the get-go (or at least should have been migrated at some point over the past couple of years). Since I have the old drive and no new data had been added, could I create a btrfs pool with the 2Tb drives, plug the old drive into my desktop, and copy everything over?
  • New

I went from OMV3 to 4 and i now i cant mount my old XFS drive from the Web Gui could it be done manually? and how?
    its the sdc1 disk, sdb1 is ext4 and works fine in the web gui.

Source Code

1. lsblk -a
    2. NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    3. sda 8:0 0 8G 0 disk
    4. ├─sda1 8:1 0 7,5G 0 part /
    5. ├─sda2 8:2 0 1K 0 part
    6. └─sda5 8:5 0 510M 0 part [SWAP]
    7. sdb 8:16 0 2,7T 0 disk
    8. └─sdb1 8:17 0 2,7T 0 part
    9. sdc 8:32 0 3,7T 0 disk
    10. └─sdc1 8:33 0 3,7T 0 part
    11. sr0 11:0 1 466M 0 rom
    Display All

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pi-hole in doker network problem

flmaxey

*UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*

ryecoaaron

Questions on Docker

Methy

LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED]

rayycy

Docker: some Sonarr and Radar settings reset back to default by themselves regularly...

gderf

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

I can see that the address you were using (.220) was out of your scope .2 to .200. (And now it appears to be back in the DHCP range with an address of .57) What seems to be the issue now? Are changes to network settings working? Or are your changes…
  • austin1 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*.

Like (Post)
    The new Docker Pi-Hole is pihole/pihole previously it was diginc/pi-hole, this is the latest V4.0
  • geaves -

Can you SSH into the Pi? if you can you'll need the output from systemctl status networking.service journalctl -xe The other way to do this is to connect a keyboard and monitor to the Pi and run omv-firstaid and select option 1 Configure network…
  • Nefertiti -

Quote from gderf: “In OMV's Network Advanced settings you have MTU set to zero. Try 1500 instead. ” Quote from geaves: “That's an unusual router setup, however there a few things I would do; Change the DHCP scope if you can change the end pool to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*.

Quote from jollyrogr: “ Which RPi were you using? Can't imagine Pi-hole needs much in the way of resources. There are other more powerful SBC's available now that might work better... ” Rpi2 or 3. Don’t remember. My mac mini does other things as…
  • Methy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Questions on Docker.

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from Methy: “Hello, I have some questions about how docker works ” Dockers are mini-Virtual Machines's not unlike a workstation or server VM running in Virtualbox. Some of the differences are: - A full VM can be, and…
  • flmaxey -

My preference is for a Docker, because of shared memory with the host and the minimalist bare-bones approach. However, I appreciate the links. If other packages are bundled in VM's, that work in Virtualbox, they might be useful for exploring and testing…
  • flmaxey -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flmaxey: “So ARM architectures run in Virtualbox VM's? Is that a recent development? I'll have to check that out. ” It's not ARM. It's a lightweight Debian based on x86_64. dietpi.com Click on download and then PC/VM and they have a…
  • Methy -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Questions on Docker.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Methy: “Hello, I have some questions about how docker works ” Dockers are mini-Virtual Machines's not unlike a workstation or server VM running in Virtualbox. Some of the differences are: - A full VM can be, and often is, as fully…
  • jollyrogr -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I run pi-hole on an old mac mini running Ubuntu 18. Much faster and more stable than an RPi that I initially tried. ” Which RPi were you using? Can't imagine Pi-hole needs much in the way of resources. There are other more…