openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi all,

I've installed Ubuntu 18.04 (upgrade from 16.04) and am trying to install OMV, but get the following -

root@box:~# gdebi openmediavault_4.1.15-1_all.deb
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    This package is uninstallable
    Dependency is not satisfiable: libjs-extjs6

Are there any workarounds / fixes?

Thanks for looking
  • New

I am running a Plex server on an Odroid Hc2 (debian arm v7) running openmediavault

OMV says my db is located in ‘/srv/dev-disk-by-label-plex/plexmediaserver’ and this setting is greyed out so it cant be changed. when i look there the newest date on any file is 11/24. I had to reinstall plex a few day ago and rebuild all the libraries so those file dates cant be current. which leads me to my question where is the database. How do I back it up so i can update plex without rescanning all my libraries.

I am NOT a linux guru and I am sure there is a way to do thi but I don’t know it.

Thanks for your help
  • New

Hi,
    I would like to regularly, automatically backup my system SD-card on OMV 4.1.15 on RPi2. Clonezilla does not exist for ARM, omv-backup is a pain to recover in case of error, so I wrote my own. I'm planning to use the following commands in a weekly cron job. Will this do the job?

Source Code

1. # cd to backup directory
    2. cd /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup/omvbackup
    3. # save previous backup
    4. mv -f imgfile.img imgfile.img.1
    5. # write system drive to img
    6. dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=imgfile.img bs=1M
    7. # shrink img with pishrink
    8. # https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Drewsif/PiShrink/master/pishrink.sh
    9. pishrink.sh imgfile.img
    Display All
  • New

Hi,
    I've been a happy user of OMV for several years now, had my 990fx / sempron 190x2 setup running fine with no video card fitted (removed it once all up and running in basement to reduce power consumption).
    Now since re-installing on new ssd Ive got things sorted again, but soon as I remove the video card from pcie the system will boot making a new video card not found noise, then a minute later the beeps telling me OMV has fired up as usual ( I think), BUT cannot log in with putty by ssh or on the gui. Fit card and all works again.
    I have googled and see that I "should" need a video card to post, but can't work out why it used to work fine. Looked in BIOS can't see anything obvious.
    Can anyone offer advice please?
    I should add that I am far from skilled in this area (which may already be obvious)! :D

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker error for unknown service

flmaxey

Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?

flmaxey

Plex datbase location

gderf

Plugins don't install (Odroid C1+ Erasmus 3.0.99

My docker died

itsmyst

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Liked Markess’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “I think I am considering some of the lesser knowns like TeamGroup and Silicon Power because of their price. ” I've got an SSD from each of these brands as the OS disk on desktops that get a heavy daily use, and haven't had issues in…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

Quote from kmal808: “I tried creating a container via the CLI and got the same error. Would the OMV docker plugin have any bearing over that? ” This is speculation but I would say "generically" NO. The Docker plugin, for all intents an purposes, is…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Quote from Markess: “Other some drives, most of my OMV and home server hardware is used or repurposed. Besides the cost savings, using something a generation or two "old" (even if its bought "new" on Ebay or Craigslist or etc.), ensures better
  • Markess -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
  • Markess -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “Doesn't it bother you to buy someone else's stuff??? I am always a little hesitant to buy something used and get stuck with a bad purchase. ” My short answer is "No". It's about knowing something about what you're buying. (Knowledge…
  • Markess -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Quote from Kai: “I think I am considering some of the lesser knowns like TeamGroup and Silicon Power because of their price. ” I've got an SSD from each of these brands as the OS disk on desktops that get a heavy daily use, and haven't had issues in…
  • flmaxey -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Plex datbase location.

Like (Post)
    Well, I no longer use the OMV Plex plugin, having moved onto dockers. But having the database location grayed out and unselectable is concerning. You might try removing the plugin and installing it again, but this may have the side effect of trashing…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Plex datbase location.

Well, I no longer use the OMV Plex plugin, having moved onto dockers. But having the database location grayed out and unselectable is concerning. You might try removing the plugin and installing it again, but this may have the side effect of trashing…
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

OS is backed up, yes. I tried creating a container via the CLI and got the same error. Would the OMV docker plugin have any bearing over that?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Plex datbase location.

Well, that's a series of requests/questions that might be best answered by one of our foremost Plex experts "Ta-da!", @gderf. (Respect, @gderf, and apologies. :) This is just a referral.)