openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi guys all new to me OMV, I have some knowledge but can't say I the best.
    I hoping I can add and IP camer it is and digoo eye camer. didn't cost to much have it working on there digoo eye app on my phone.

Was hoping that if I setup and OMV on an a raspberry IP with Radarr, SABnzbd, Sonarr and Some how with the digoo eye to record to the same hard drive and keep it there for one week then delete after that week has pasted.

OMV looks like it can do lots of things, I support Open source and love it some much, I also use openhab and XBMC.

Thanks Guys
  • New

is it possible that there are no updates for 3.0.99 at the moment?

via the web gui, the update management stays empty.
    apperently i do have internet connection since via putty pings to urls work.

apt-get via shell just returns: nothing installed, removed, changed?

i.e. i did search forum and thus tried the things via shell ... however, now I have no idea anymore.

thanks
  • New

I'm running into a peculiar problem after I restart my OMV server.

Currently, I have a mergerfs pool of 2 8tb and a 4tb drives with my media on it. If I add the pool as shared folder (/media) and pass it into the plex docker container, plex can see the /media/movies and /media/tv folders and the movie and tv contents of these folders.

However, if I restart my server, Plex sees the /media/movies and /media/tv folders as empty. A fix that I implemented was by removing and adding /media as a shared folder, and restarting the plex docker container, but I'd rather not have to do this every time I restart the server, or if I lose power.

My intuition is that the plex docker container is starting before mergerfs is able to do its thing, which is why the folders are showing up empty.

Any ideas?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Minecraft Docker Setup

Festplatte voll, Speicher wird beim Löschen nicht freigegeben / SSD full, on deleting files less storage released

grey-fire-wolf

Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

rwattstci

question: updates for OMV 3099?

dev1973

HDD issues, model n/a, Serial Number incorrect

Huberer

Recent Activities

• Sorry for my late answer. I was offroad for a week. Thank you for your hint. Meanwhile I solved my problem by setting up and mounting the SSD again.
  • rwattstci -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

This is the one plug-in that is stopping me from moving over to OMV 4. I have tried a few times to get the openvpn plugin working, and it installs fine. I download a certificate and I try to connect, but it won't connect. In OMV 3 this was very…
  • dev1973 -

Replied to the thread question: updates for OMV 3099?.

• Huberer -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x HDD issues, model n/a, Serial Number incorrect.

I have the same problem by not showing up the name and vendor ID of the drive with my HC1. But to be honest, I give a big shi* on this matter. Everything else runs fine and I’m really happy with the Odroid. So I leave everything like it is. Gesendet…
  • Huberer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex not accessing shared folder after restart.

You can do it with a normal script, like I do. kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread…-Module-ent-laden-CineS2/ On the second page of the thread (in German) you can find the script I’m using. Only thing is that you have to enter the name of the Plex…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex not accessing shared folder after restart.

Quote from kronos: “My intuition is that the plex docker container is starting before mergerfs is able to do its thing, which is why the folders are showing up empty. ” A similar question was posted on here but I don't know if there was an answer,…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread question: updates for OMV 3099?.

Quote from dev1973: “is it possible that there are no updates for 3.0.99 at the moment? ” It's EOL therefore no updates.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x HDD issues, model n/a, Serial Number incorrect.

Quote from Alexio: “At least I'm happy not being the first that needs to sell a "SATA-less" HC1 ” Well at least it was a solution :thumbup: and it solved the odd drive id output.
  • Tomstone -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x digoo eye or IP Camer.

Thread
    Hi guys all new to me OMV, I have some knowledge but can't say I the best. I hoping I can add and IP camer it is and digoo eye camer. didn't cost to much have it working on there digoo eye app on my phone. Was hoping that if I setup and OMV on an a…
  • dev1973 -

Posted the thread question: updates for OMV 3099?.

Thread
    is it possible that there are no updates for 3.0.99 at the moment? via the web gui, the update management stays empty. apperently i do have internet connection since via putty pings to urls work. apt-get via shell just returns: nothing installed,…