Possible intrusion to my OMV at home?

godfuture

How to partition data disks

schindi77

Create iptables rules in CLI

booga

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread RAID 6: GPT table is corrupt.

It looks like you created the array with OMV which means it is not using partitions. So, a corrupt GPT doesn't cause any problems. It just means the drives weren't completely wiped before creating the array.
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -.

Like (Post)
    1. No. The flash plugin radically reduce the amount of writes a fresh install does to the rootfs on the flash memory. But there is nothing to stop writes to the rootfs if you install additional plugins or other software. For instance Plex. 2. In my Plex…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -.

Quote from tr3bjockey: “There is no documentation on the readme or the release notes. ” The config file (/etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf) it uses is the best source of documentation or the code that writes the config file -
  • godfuture -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Possible intrusion to my OMV at home?.

Thank you guys for your valuable hints. I still couldnt find anything, but as you said there might be many reasons for this. I am also not very skilled in thi.s I guess I will follow your suggestion and start from scratch. Also installing a firewall will…
  • schindi77 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to partition data disks.

Hi! Thanks a lot, the gparted live system did it´s job. Would you recommend the discs synced via rsync over a raid system? And if yes, why?
  • razvanrudy -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread Why should you use or not use dockers.

Like (Post)
    is the actual & future way to install apps, plug-ins where deprecated for next OMV5, so it's a good step to start to use dockers.
  • booga -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Create iptables rules in CLI.

Well... I think it's good for the different stages. However, I have another question: is it necessary to manage docker with iptables ? When I do an iptable-save, I notice that there are already many rules about Docker (Hidden Content) Is it sufficient…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk unmount after reboot.

You have to provide some information about your system, so others can help. I have a similar problem on my HC2. I solved it by adding mount -a as scheduled job during boot.