openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,
    Is there a way to access files on my OMV via the Hostname?
    My OMV identifies as "vault" to the Network, it also gets shown as "vault" in the Network tab in Windows-Explorer. But when I click on it, it says that the Networkpath wasnt found. I also tried typing in \\vault\public in the Windows-Explorer but it still cant access it. Everything works normal when I use the IP-Adress \\x.x.x.x\public.
    How can I make my OMV accessible by its Hostname?
  • New

Hallo zusammen,
    Ich habe aktuell das Problem bei WIn 10 1803, dass meine Zugriffe sehr langsam sind.
    Den Regedit habe ich schon getestet aber ohne Erfolg:

Ich habe gelesen die Option "Zulassen, dass für Dateien auf diesem Laufwerk Inhalte zusätzlich zu Dateieigenschaften indiziert werden" Schuld sein kann.
    Ich kann das aber nicht deaktivieren, da ich von OMV aus wohl keine Adminrechte habe.Wie kann ich das umgehen, bzw welche Rechte benötige ich?
    Mein Windows User darf lesen/schreiben/ausführen.
  • New

Previously i have had the Virtualbox plugin installed with out any problems. Then i deleted the plugin via plugin control page in OMV. Now i would like to have the Virtualbox plugin up and running again, but when installing the plugin i get the following message:
    openmediavault-virtualbox : Depends: phpvirtualbox (>= 5.2-0-1) but is not going to be installed.

I have the backport enabled, and i have tried to follow other threads that seems to have the same problem, without any luck.

Any help i appreciated.
  • New

Hi All,

Everything is working fine on my OMV install, but recently I went to give a user privileges to an existing share (so they can see the contents via FTP) and it comes back with an error of:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-OMV\x2dSYS\x2dBackup.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-OMV\x2dSYS\x2dBackup.mount.
    The same error happens when trying to create a new share and when attempting to change the privileges of any existing share...

I've search the forums for any existing issues like this but cant quite find any, especially any that reference sharedfolders-OMV\x2dSYS\x2dBackup.mount

Any ideas where I could start troubleshooting it?

Edit: I also can't delete any existing shares, same error.

Thank you,
    Lindsay
  • New

Hi Folks,

tried to update my OMV 4.1.13 but something is wrong:

when I did "apt update && apt upgrade && omv-update" it stopped with ...

Source Code

1. W: Target Sources (main/source/Sources) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jcfp-sab-addons-jessie.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jcfp-sab-addons-jessie.list:4

nano'd the file, commented the multiple entries. Now it breaks with;

Source Code

1. E: The repository 'file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release' does not have a Release file.
    2. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    3. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

What to do?

M

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cant access OMV via Hostname

Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam

The Class E Network

geaves

Virtualbox reinstall not working

Shared Folders- Can't add new or change existing privileges on any

linds1234

Recent Activities

• CaptainWhale -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cant access OMV via Hostname.

Thread
    Hi, Is there a way to access files on my OMV via the Hostname? My OMV identifies as "vault" to the Network, it also gets shown as "vault" in the Network tab in Windows-Explorer. But when I click on it, it says that the Networkpath wasnt found. I also…
  • Pascal51882 -

Posted the thread OMV 0.4 Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, Ich habe aktuell das Problem bei WIn 10 1803, dass meine Zugriffe sehr langsam sind. Den Regedit habe ich schon getestet aber ohne Erfolg: (Hidden Content) Ich habe gelesen die Option "Zulassen, dass für Dateien auf diesem Laufwerk…
  • eBomber -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x No internal access to nextcloud.

Like (Post)
    You might try adding an entry to your LAN machine PCs hosts files tying subdomain.duckdns.org to the private IP address of your OMV machine. Or if your router supports NAT reflection, enable it.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

I like the idea of hacking a HH, the documentation is very good and there are steps of what to do if it goes wrong, the experimentation is a challenge, but I know I would get frustrated if I spent time on it and got…
  • kejXero -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox reinstall not working.

Thread
    Previously i have had the Virtualbox plugin installed with out any problems. Then i deleted the plugin via plugin control page in OMV. Now i would like to have the Virtualbox plugin up and running again, but when installing the plugin i get the following…
  • linds1234 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared Folders- Can't add new or change existing privileges on any.

Found the problem...further info in the SYSLOG of course: Source Code (2 lines)The OMV-SYS-Backup folder didn't exist. So I created it. All sorted.
  • linds1234 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared Folders- Can't add new or change existing privileges on any.

Thread
    Hi All, Everything is working fine on my OMV install, but recently I went to give a user privileges to an existing share (so they can see the contents via FTP) and it comes back with an error of: Source Code (1 line)The same error happens when trying…
  • mipi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Update Update hangs.

Thread
    Hi Folks, tried to update my OMV 4.1.13 but something is wrong: when I did "apt update && apt upgrade && omv-update" it stopped with ... Source Code (1 line) nano'd the file, commented the multiple entries. Now it breaks with; Source Code (3…
  • wing999 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Network gone after update.

I updated at 14 Nov 2018. And, yes, I think this is strange too.
  • Revers62 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sabnzbd Docker slow Download folder speed / Complete folder speed.

Thread
    I run Sabnzbd with Docker. All work nice. But I see we can test System performance (Pystone) and Download folder speed / Complete folder speed. I have 50 MB result for Download folder speed / Complete folder speed. it is a very low result compared to…