openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello.

I have just bought myself an Odroid HC2, so I now have two systems on my network running OMV.

I want to move one of the hard drives from my original server to the HC2 - do I have to anything about permissions before I do this (I have added the clear permission addon, which I assume is necessary)?

I am slightly worried that if I just eject the drive and it to the HC2, it will say something about not having permission to access it.

Thanks.
  • New

Hallo

Ich hab eine externe USB Festplatte an mein OMV System angeschlossen. Sie formatiert und eingebunden. Nun will ich die externe Festplatte allerdings nicht dauernd eingeschaltet lassen sondern nur wenn ich ich Backup mache. Allerdings sind die Buttons imn der WebGui ausgegraut, weder Aushängen noch Löschen kann man anklicken. Kann mich mal jemand auf den richtigen Weg bringen wie ich das Problem lösen kann?
  • New

I want to build a custom NAS with OMV but I need a Wifi adapter because I can't use cables. Can I just intall any Wifi adapter that has Linux drivers?

I was thinking of buying either one of these Wifi adapters. Are there any recommendation in tems of compatibility with OMV?
    • TP-Link AC1300 Draadloze Dual Band PCI Express Adapter Archer T6E
    • Edimax AC600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band High Gain USB Adapter
    • Edimax AC600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Directional High Gain USB Adapter
    • Asus USB-AC68 Wi-Fi adapter
    • Asus PCE-AC88
    • Asus PCE-AC56
    • Asus PCE-AC55BT

Thanks so much for your help ^^
  • New

Hi
    I am trying to install "program/plugin/docker" which will chelp me display all the family photos in one place (home network only , no external akcess). If i need to get to it from outside I can use VPN which I have already setup in my router.
    My knowlege of linux is verry limited. I have tested for a moment Lychee but i noticed that photos get multiplyed with diffrent sizes ....
    I run OMV on SSD (120GB) and use HDD for all data, I would like to keep SSD for system only but it looks like Lyche multiply photos and putting then on to the system.
    Any advice if this can be avoided (multiplying photos) or maybe something difrent instead off Lychee, so my wife and kids can akcess photos easily. Not just as explorer like. My wife can akcess the on the smart TV and get soft and crying :)

Regards

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Wifi adapters support

ryecoaaron

virtualbox install issue headers?

ryecoaaron

Procedure for moving Harddrive to another system running OMV.

Apache

ryecoaaron

Nut issues after install

5xeVo

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from flmaxey: “The latest back ports kernel is 4.19. It shouldn't be long until the 4.20 upgrade is available on OMV but, as far as I can tell, it's not available at this time. ” The backports kernel is the next version of Debian's kernel. …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

The plugin is dependent on linux-headers-adm64 which means you will have to run the latest kernel (4.19 now). Is there a reason you are still on such an old kernel?
  • elsmandino -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Procedure for moving Harddrive to another system running OMV..

Thread
    Hello. I have just bought myself an Odroid HC2, so I now have two systems on my network running OMV. I want to move one of the hard drives from my original server to the HC2 - do I have to anything about permissions before I do this (I have added the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apache.

Quote from michelefaccini: “Can I just install apache without docker ? ” Yes but you need to make sure it isn't listening on the same port(s) as nginx. Quote from michelefaccini: “Isn't better and easier for a newbie ? ” Better? Not in my…
  • 5xeVo -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Nut issues after install.

Like (Post)
    Please execute Shell-Script (1 line) to create the required database entries.
  • 5xeVo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Nut issues after install.

I had the same issue with NUT service and after manually creating "conf.service.nut" NUT service started without problem. Here is my readout of "conf.service.nut": {"upsname": "ups", "comment": "", "shutdownmode": "onbatt", "remotepassword": "",
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

Don't see the 10T. I have 6*2T On raidz2 , 7T are too small .. but when i saw the ZFS calculator.. 7T is the max size .??
  • Remi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install Lychee.

Quote from macom: “Did you follow the videos from TechnoDadLife? I think he is showing how to place the content folders of the dockers on a data drive. ” Yes content folder is no problem but when I started the sever first time with just few photos…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

Quote from flmaxey: “I believe @hoppel118 is running a RAIDZ, ” My too :) I an running a Raid Z1 array. The pool size information from "zpool get all" is the size where the parity disk(s) are not substracted. You can try zfs list. It outputs the used and…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to get deleted files in SMB/CIFS.

Ok, I double checked my OMV installation... And it seems I have activated the "Enable recycle bin" switch in the share settings only. Still no special configuration. forum.openmediavault.org/index…99a2c0ae0e3f91de2c6e6462a I only added one line in the…