openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello Guys,

i need your help, i mount an external USB Harddisk with ntfs on my OMV System and configure USB Backup to sync any folder to the external USB Drive.

The USB drive is mounted under File Systems, then i would run the backup job and i became an error that te storage is not mounted (see in attached file).

Then i go to File Systems and the drive is dismounted.

One time the Sync has started, but no it won´t work.

Can anyone help me please.

best regards

Jochen

• New

I have two RPi3 OMV3 installations which each have an SSD for booting and OMV, then a data disk HDD. When I use root=/dev/sda2 in /boot/cmdline.txt OMV tries to use the data disk HDD as the root device, rather than the SSD when the HDD is connected, but works fine when it is not. I have tried put the UUID in /etc/fstab and tried using root=UUID=ae708a4d-982a-4a20-965c-01ec7e1f32b3 in cmdline.txt, but the boot just hangs. This happens even if I disconnect the HDD before powering up.

It looks like OMV does not like UUID for booting, or this is not supported but it is very hard to figure out which it is. Is there a simple reliable way of making sure the right partition is used as root when booting? I suppose I could try pointing to /dev/sdb2 and see if that works, but I would rather have a foolproof setup if possible.

ARMBIAN 5.42 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.14.30-v7+
  • New

Hi so i was using freenas and i moved to OMV the problem is that when i want to create a file system i get the fallowing error:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mkfs -V -t btrfs -O skinny-metadata,^mixed-bg '/dev/sdd1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': /dev/sdd1 appears to contain an existing filesystem (zfs_member).ERROR: use the -f option to force overwrite of /dev/sdd1btrfs-progs v4.7.3See btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for more information.
    can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance
  • New

Hallo Zusammen,

nach einem Stromausfall gab es bei meine OMV das Problem, dass mein RAID5 - Verbund nicht mehr angezeigt wurde. Nachdem ich das System neugestartet hatte, wurden mir wieder die drei phyisikalischen Festplatten angezeigt, der RAID - Verbund war allerdings komplett verschwunden. Anschließend habe ich einen neuen RAID5 - Verbund mit den Festplatten erstellt. Leider muss ich um ein Dateisystem anzulegen die Festplatten formatieren.

Gibt es einen Weg nochmal an die Daten auf der Platte zu kommen?

Vielen Dank für jede Hilfe!

Im Anhang einige Informationen zum System.
  • New

For the second time in 2 months, the shares wouldn't mount on my OMV NAS.

I don't know how to proceed other than to reinstall OMV from scratch. I'm not worried about the data volumes, I'm confident they're there. I believe it is something that has glitched again on the thumb drive (sdg) that is booting this setup.

What bothers me is that this setup worked for YEARS until a couple of months ago, and now, it has crashed twice in as many months.

Any steps I can take to try and repair it before I go full-blown re-install?

I should also note that I was using OMV backup plug-in, but I can't find any instructions on how to actually do a recovery.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

rsync - omv to win

houndhunger

OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

mrshlee

Raspberry Pi: alternatives for root= in /boot/cmdline.txt

vinntec

UUID dir created in root filesystem

sbocquet

Can't Connect to shares in Windows

bookie56

Recent Activities

• houndhunger -

Replied to the thread rsync - omv to win.

I thought about it what is best cost and time effective solution for user like me: Who knows how OMV works, but still struggles with "massive" linux command line setups (cygwin)... Cost and time effective solution is to Attach that HDD to ARM board (for…
  • mrshlee -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

• Stramm -

Replied to the thread rsync - omv to win.

You need cygwin and two additional packages Net -> openssh Admin -> cygrunsrv then as admin within cygwin you need to setup ssh (ssh-host-config) The next step was somehow pita and I needed a good bunch of time for it, the public key auth...…
  • vinntec -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Raspberry Pi: alternatives for root= in /boot/cmdline.txt.

@tkaiser Rest assured this is an interim measure to get the backups and media server working again. Rock64 Transformer which will take 3.5" disks would be perfect, but not available yet. As far as UUID is concerned, /etc/fstab already has them defined…
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread UUID dir created in root filesystem.

• XToff -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x SyncThing will not start WebGUI.

Like (Post)
    And the only problem you found is that the web interface doesn't work? If so, that is because you are using 127.0.0.1 for GUI address. Unless you are using a browser on the same machine, it needs to be 0.0.0.0. Before you change anything though, what…
  • bookie56 -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Can't Connect to shares in Windows.

Hi again! Like I said before I use Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 doesn't use SMB3... So, please tell me how to use SMB3 in Windows 7 bookie56
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Raspberry Pi: alternatives for root= in /boot/cmdline.txt.

Quote from vinntec: “It looks like OMV does not like UUID for booting ” This is not related to OMV at all but only a matter of kernel configuration and settings. Using LABEL or any of the UUIDs requires adjusting /etc/fstab as well. And since it's…
  • delta -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x insserv: There is a loop between service.....

Quote from D3lta: “Hallo, bei einer frischen Installation von OMV3 habe ich plötzlich folgendes Problem: Source Code (1 line) Bzw wenn ich den Service manuell neustarteb möchte: Shell-Script (17 lines) Leider sagt mir das alles überhaupt nichts.…
  • JapanFreak -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) from freeNAS to OMV.

Quote from subzero79: “Try to wipe the disk in the physical disks sections. Use the quick option. ” allready tryed to wipe it same error il try to do a secure wipe