openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

hi
    I've been just registered.
    Sorry for may bad English. I'm a rookie and I'm interested in openmediavault in order to create a nas for home purpose.
    I've made some trial with a virtual machine and now I've installe OMV on a real machine, an old pc destinated to be wasted.
    I've got several issue to solve and to ask for.... but at present I have an urgent one.
    I've installed the omv on the pc and now I try to log me to it via web using the standard login admin/openmediavault .....
    The system reply: softwere failure.
    tks a lot for your help
  • New

I've done a bit of reading about Docker, but I'm still sorta lost. The WebGUI that openmediavault ships with for Docker looks fairly straight forward, and I've successfully gotten the two images in question (EIther rutorrent or Flood, and Emby) to run on a VM and access them on my network. I'm considering moving my NAS over to OMV to use this functionality because I think it'll open me to a lot of nice features, but I had one big hurdle. How do I mount hard drives to these containers?

Here is my use case- I have (currently) two storage drives, we'll say /mnt/HDD1 and /mnt/HDD2. One is full, so my torrent client does not need to touch it, only Emby. /mnt/HDD1 needs to be accessible from the Emby container, and /mnt/HDD2 needs to be accessible from both the torrent client and Embys containers at the same time (and exposed to the host filesystem for me to clean up files, rename them, etc). How would I go about doing this in the WebGUI?
  • New

Hi Everyone .
    I have been a long term user of OVM.
    Never had any real issues with it.

I am looking to build my NAS.
    I have found some old computer hardware I am planing to purpose.

I plan in running docker containers for duplicati and Nextcloud along with an SQL docker instance and a NGINx reverse proxy.
    This bit i am very confident with.

My question:
    Is it worth looking at installing KODI on the NAS as well ? My NAS sits under my TV and would be great to be able to plug in a HDMI cable from the NaS into the TV.
    I have read from various people that KODI does not run smoothly/video lags etc... for whatever reason.

has anyone had any experience with KODI running on OVM and is working smoothly and no driver issues etc ?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

no login with standard web account admin/openmediavalut

macom

Raid5 inactive- Need help please

flmaxey

Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?

tkaiser

Installing-Migrating OMV to USB stick

tkaiser

Systemdisk defekt, kein Backup, HDD ohne formatieren einbinden?

macom

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread no login with standard web account admin/openmediavalut.

Welcome to OMV. Try if clearing the browser cache helps.
  • matteo1970 -

Posted the thread no login with standard web account admin/openmediavalut.

Thread
    hi I've been just registered. Sorry for may bad English. I'm a rookie and I'm interested in openmediavault in order to create a nas for home purpose. I've made some trial with a virtual machine and now I've installe OMV on a real machine, an old pc…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Raid5 inactive- Need help please.

Even if I see the possibility of recovery as remote, I truly hope this works for you. 512 minutes, close to 9 hours, let's hope the bad drives hang on. Losing a LOT of data can be PAINFUL. Roughly how much data do you have on the array?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?.

Quote from flmaxey: “The statement; "It might NOT be advisable to use BTRFS for RAID 5/6" is correct, in my opinion, for the reasons you've outlined above ” When you were expressing your opinions you were talking about userland which is still wrong since…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Installing-Migrating OMV to USB stick.

Quote from therock003: “what read/write speeds would you consider sufficient for this task? ” None since irrelevant. And the usual numbers you find (sequential write/read in MB/s) are irrelevant anyway since if something will happen on an OMV rootfs…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Systemdisk defekt, kein Backup, HDD ohne formatieren einbinden?.

Quote from hoellentone: “Wie kann ich die HDD´s ohne formatieren einbinden. Bitte um Hilfe. ” Wenn es vorher auch OMV war, einfach System hochfahren und Dateisysteme (File Systems) Einbinden (Mount). Die Freigaben (Shared Folders) mußt du neu…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from flmaxey: “It might not be advisable to use BTRFS for RAID 5/6. It's not stable in the versions we have in userland. ” The latter is wrong (the bugs live in the kernel code mostly for scrub and recovery) and the…
  • ryuusei -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Help mounting storage to two Docker containers.

Thread
    I've done a bit of reading about Docker, but I'm still sorta lost. The WebGUI that openmediavault ships with for Docker looks fairly straight forward, and I've successfully gotten the two images in question (EIther rutorrent or Flood, and Emby) to run on…
  • therock003 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Installing-Migrating OMV to USB stick.

Wow first of all that was pretty usefull information to have concerning the fake flash. I'll run all of my sticks and cards through that just in case. After the stick has passed the test, wether fake or not, what read/write speeds would you consider
  • Nafi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x JDownloader Plugin doesn't work anymore.

beside the fact that moving to docker is probably a good idea, the plugin still works fine for me (even with OMV 4) if jdownloader is not showing up in myJdownloader Webinterface, check user credentials and check if jdownloader is actually running…