openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo,

irgendwie verstehe ich die von OMV automatisch angelegten Partitionen nicht so ganz ?!

Ich nutze für OMV eine NVME M2 Platte.

- p1 wird irgendwas fürs System sein
    - p2 wird die eigentliche System Partition sein, oder
    - p3 kann ich als Frei nutzen und auch Daten darauf ablegen (Zur Zeit nutze ich diese unter anderem für die Plex Datenbank)

Wie jedoch zu sehen ist, wird p2 bald voll !!! Dies passiert leider immer wieder mal das sie voll ist und ich komme dann nicht mir übers WebUI auf den Server.
    Dann muss ich per SSH immer erstmal Log Dateien löschen damit es wieder läuft.

Dies würde ich gerne vermeiden ...

- Zum einen was kann ich tun, das die Partition nicht immer wieder mit Log Dateien und Aktualisierungsreste etc zufüllt ?

- Des weiteren, wie kann ich die Partition vergrößern ? Oder dem System sagen das es auch p4 nutzen kann ?

- Warum heißt p4 Systemplatte ?

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir weiterhelfen

Grüße & Danke vorab
    Torsten
  • New

I hope it's the right session.
    I'm new to linux and omw and I would like to know how to access the cards I created and then move the files inside.
    do I have to log in as root or as a simple user?
    if I do cd / home and then ls -l I can not find folders and if I do cd /New folder directly appears bash: cd: / new folder: File or directory does not exist,
    where am I wrong?
    sorry but I'm a newbie and sorry for the english :/
  • New

Hi,

I have a 4 bay NAS with 2 disk 2TB each.
    I want to configure SnapRaid + UnionFS.

With SnapRaid:

Disk1 -> Parity
    Disk2 -> Data + content

Its says that I need to have 2 content disk at least, what i am suppose to do ? can i set it up like

Disk1 -> Content + parity
    Disk2 -> Content + Data

? is this correct ?

What about UnionFS ? Can I merge Disk1 and Disk2 as a single disk called "storage" ? or is useless sicne the disk1 is used for parity only ?

thank you
  • New

I guess I have noticed this only now since I very rarely reboot my nas.
    Basically it seems one disk does not mount automatically. This is the email I receive from the NAS:

Source Code

1. Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-5A
    2. Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:32:41
    3. Action: alert
    4. Host: NAS
    5. Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-5A is not a mountpoint
    6. Your faithful employee,
    7. Monit

I don't know why this started... but does anybody have a good idea how to resolve?

Also: how can I completely remove the reference to this disk from the system (so that I can go and add it from scratch)?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden

SSH for newbie

Root login issue

ryecoaaron

Transcode folder for plex docker.

R0vsvamp

SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks

arik

Recent Activities

• FlotteTotte -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Thread
    Hallo, irgendwie verstehe ich die von OMV automatisch angelegten Partitionen nicht so ganz ?! forum.openmediavault.org/index…dabb866c9ba4aa23fc07106d2 Ich nutze für OMV eine NVME M2 Platte. - p1 wird irgendwas fürs System sein - p2 wird die…
  • Warlock00 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Thread
    I hope it's the right session. I'm new to linux and omw and I would like to know how to access the cards I created and then move the files inside. do I have to log in as root or as a simple user? if I do cd / home and then ls -l I can not find folders…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Quote from Jieta25460: “It's strange ... when I install omv in june I had root access ... ” Something has happened to the system since then. I'm running out of ideas but: ls -al /bin/bash dmesg | tail -n10
  • R0vsvamp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transcode folder for plex docker..

All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker. Do i have to set permissions in the docker it self ?
  • Jieta25460 -

It's strange ... when I install omv in june I had root access ...
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Jieta25460: “I didn't touch anything when I don't have knowledge. ” I'm just speculating. Maybe it happened accidentally. I've never seen root locked out like this. auth.log wasn't helpful either. What about: ls -al / sudo su -
  • arik -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

Thank you very much, this is much clearer now!. So I can setup rsynch and when I will get an additional drive I will setup snapraid with a parity disk setted to the new disk and unionFS will mere the two old disk ( I will clean one ). thank you !!
  • Jieta25460 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Sounds like you may have changed something you shouldn't have. ” I didn't touch anything when I don't have knowledge.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Those all look fine (you could have run the command I posted to get it all in one :) ) I should have looked at your /proc/mdstat more carefully. Your array assembled but was in auto-read-only. Did you every try mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Jieta25460: “The password has been changed but the page is refresh like I never do something ... ” What is the output of: sudo tail -n20 /var/log/auth.log