The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Hello all,

I'm new to OMV, migrating from my Ubuntu NAS.

I'm trying to figure out, in the OMV context, how to install docker-compose and start docker-compose-based services (mailcow-dockerized in my case).

Of course I could do the installation through the CLI & start the containers through a systemd service, but I'm not sure it's the proper way in OMV.

Do you have any advice?

• New

Ich möchte mir gerne einen OMV-Server zusammenstellen.

Dieser soll:
    - Möglichst leise sein (trotzdem eher keine Wasserkühlung) ->Sehr wichtig.
    - Möglichst geringer Stromverbrauch
    - ca. für 8 Festplatten platz haben
    - Gemäss OMV sind Intel CPU's zu empfehlen...

- Reine Storage (Filme, Musik, Bilder speichern)
    - 24Std Betrieb, Jdownloader, mit Samba zum Libreelec, OpenVPN-Zugriff....

- Sämtliche 3TB-WD-RED-Festplatten sind bereits vorhanden.
    - Betriebsystem werde ich auf der 480GB-SSD-Festplatte installieren (da vorhanden)

Was haltet Ihr von dieser Zusammenstellung?
    Ist hier alles miteinander kompatibel/OMV-Tauglich? eventuelle alternativen ?(

Danke für eure Hilfe!
  • New

ich möchte euch heute gerne mein aktuelles NAS zeigen, welches ich zuletzt von Erasmus auf Arrakis fast reibungslos aktualisiert hatte:…f-4-arrakis-aktualisieren

Der Weg sowie meine Probleme inkl. der Lösungen sind im Beitrag beschrieben.

Auch mein neuster Beitrag könnte von Interesse sein, auf meinem OMV NAS läuft seit diesem Wochenende nicht nur die NAS Software, sondern auch mein IP-TV Tvheadend Server, die zentrale KODI Datenbank sowie IP-Symcon, eine Software für Hausautomation welche sämtliche meiner WLAN-Controller, KNX und Homematic Geräte sowie die Türsprechanlage steuert.…odi-datenbank-auf-dem-nas

Viel Spaß beim lesen und schönes Wochenende

PS. Ich seh gerade dass OMV 4.x noch als testing dasteht??? Dachte die wäre schon stable?
    Nun bisher läufts ohne Einschränkungen. SUPER Arbeit an die OMV-Entwickler... :thumbup:
  • New

So I wanted to set my OMV computer to boot at 10 am. It is set to shut down at 2 am. So it will be off between those hours.

Time in bios is set to right time with boot time set to 10 am.
    Time in OMV is set by NTP Server ( and I have the right Time Zone selected.

The problems i am having is that the computer boots up at 3 am instead of 10 am. It shuts down at the right time. Im assuming this is something with Time Zones but I just dont see why this would be happening because I have everything set up correctly. There is no Time Zones selection in Bios. Does OMV adjust Bios time? If it doesnt I might just set the bios to boot at 3pm. Thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Install (and run) both OMV and Windows on the same machine?

Colored CLI

OpenMediaVault is incompatible with Raspberry PI 3B+?

Backup remote folder

No luck with Bios time settings

Recent Activities

• Pietia(lania) -

Replied to the thread Install (and run) both OMV and Windows on the same machine?.

Hyper-v is bad option ;) it's havy better option is use esix free 1) instal esic 2) install on VM OMV 3) install on VM windows 4) pass GPU and others to windows
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Colored CLI.

1. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3525 Mar 17 21:57 .bashrc 2. Yes.
  • Sneeuwvos -

Replied to the thread OpenMediaVault is incompatible with Raspberry PI 3B+?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images ” Would that also work with OMV3, since you are point to RPi 4.9.80 kernel ?
  • KenyBDG -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Backup remote folder.

I am looking for some plugin that can perform a desktop folder backup (according to schedule), which is on one of the computers in the office. In synology NAS I'm using "Active Backup for Server", does anybody know similar plugin on OMV enivroment ?.
  • openletter -

Replied to the thread No luck with Bios time settings.

My experience with various *nix OSs is they always reset BIOS to UTC.
  • gderf -

Quote from ZanosG: “I have set OMV to manual UCT time. There is no setting for UTC. Im assuming this is a mistake. I will report back. ” No idea where you are looking but my OMV has a UTC timezone.
  • ZanosG -

I have set OMV to manual UCT time. There is no setting for UTC. Im assuming this is a mistake. I will report back.
  • Jonatron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) LSI SAS9220-8i / IBM ServeRaid M1015 SMART Data.

I've had a fiddle around with the settings, and it seems like if I add the =rombar line, this causes the system to be unable to read the smart data, however if I don't have this line I have the following error on startup: Fbb82Bn.png Pressing any key…
  • ZanosG -

Replied to the thread Pool Hard Drives.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “mergerfs works on top of existing filesystems. Creating a pool will not do anything to the files on the current filesystems. You can add/remove drives whenever you want. If a drive fails, you will just lose access to the…
  • ZanosG -

Replied to the thread Harddrive broken.

If you DO NOT have any data on the drive you can run diskpart and clear it that way Click to open windows menu (or just press windows logo button on the keyboard) Type in Diskpart When the window opens wait for the DISKPART> After DISKPART> type in list…