openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys:

I purchased an Odroid HC-1 a couple of months ago and am finally trying to get it set up. I must warn you I am a complete Linux noob and know very little about the opperating system. So, treat me gently. I have also searched this and a dozen other forums and infomation on this little beast seems scarcer than hens teeth.

I have a 16GB SD card, which I formatted and loaded the latest OMV build for the HC-1, OMV_3_0_92_Odroidxu4_4.9.61.img.xz using Etcher.

All seems to have went well, but using Angry IP scanner I cannot see the HC-1 on my network. I have reburned the image a couple of times, but still no success. I have also rebooted the HC-1 by unplugging the power for several minutes with no effect. I waited more than the recommended 15 minutes for the image to load on the HC-1 before trying a scan.

I have the HC-1 plugged into my network vi a 1GB switch. Neither my router or Angry IP see the device.

Any suggestions?
  • New

My logic - I want as little stress as possible on my media drive, and downloading can be handled by a Download drive (I set up a separate partition on OMV boot drive). So my question is, is it best practice to have a separate drive to handle the downloading like I have set up? Then have Sab move it to a unzipping folder that is on my media drive then allow radarr/sonarr to do the rest?

What are the best practices or am I overthinking it? Do y'all simply have your media HD do the downloading etc?
  • New

I have OMV installed as VM on ESXI. The VM has system Disk and Data disk. Data Disk was granted 100 Gb. Now i want to expand it to 200 Gb. I have turned off OMV VM, extended disk in VMware console. Now in Physical Disks menu i can see that disk is 200 Gb, But in File Systems it is still 100 Gb. What is the correct way to extend this partition?

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Best Practices of downloading then moving - Separate drives?

farazon

[Feature Request] Configure file system options when mounting from the File Systems GUI

ryecoaaron

HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan

metalguru

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

dhawk312

Samba share: Recycle bin does not / never get cleared

heiner

Recent Activities