openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello

I have tried to install your youtube video instructions Openmediavault NAS software but I have a problem. When I put the apt-get upgrade command, that command does not do what it would have to do, and I'm not asked yes / no. Nor does the window open to you in the terminal. You see my problem in the picture. I really don't know what to do. Thanks for help!

My Raspberry Pi model is: Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Problem image link: aijaa.com/3HX7nB
  • New

Hi everyone!
    I was wandering if I'm the only one that is thinking to install boinc on my home server since al 99% of the time is in idle.
    I already have it on my computer desktop, and I think that it would be cool to have it on the other computer too.
    Of course I won't give it too much CPU (20%/30%, not more), but it still something!
  • New

TechnoDadLife wrote:

Today, we install Bitwarden, a password manager, on our Openmediavault server.

After making this video, I did see that you can create a free account on the Bitwarden website to use the mobile apps.
    Thanks again for your video! As always I love them!
    Just a question: why you suggest to install the rust fork instead of the original bitwarden? Is the installation and configuration of the original bitwarden the same?
    If not, can you make a video with the original bitwarden too? I just feel safer to use the original bitwarden :(

For reference: those are the original container's: hub.docker.com/u/bitwarden

P.S. I saw that you did the same thing with netdata too. Why you choose the titpetric container and not the netdata?
  • New

Hi,

The Docker plugin is a great addon... good job OMV Team!

Could you tell me if the Docker version from OMV plugin, is a default full version of Docker for Debian, for which the plugin offer a nice GUI to manage containers or other Docker settings?

I'd like to enjoy of the images/containers created by OMV community, but I'd like to be able to add other images too, to be able to run NetxCould for example.

In this way, is it better to install Docker directly to Debian, or use the OMV plugin way?

Do we have to install NGNIX to run Docker OMV plugin?
    Instead NGNIX, could we use Traefik ?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • New

Hi all,

I managed to get my hands on a spare WD RX4100. I've been trying to install OMV on it, but for the life of me I cannot get it to boot off the USB. When I try go into the bios with either f2 or del, it says "entering setup" and then just proceeds with it's normal boot.

Any ideas how I can get into it?

PS. Currently it has Windows storage server installed and I have access to that etc.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Install OMV on Raspberry

slb20

Pinned Backup a live system

ryecoaaron

Docker failing to re-install

vulcan4d

Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem

SATA card

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

Ok, ordered a new one and will let you know if the problem is solved.. Regards
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Backup a live system.

Quote from bvrulez: “That's good news! I was just wondering how your plugin would be able to save a running system completely. Even clonedisk is not able to do this. ” It will backup the system but there is no guarantee the backup is consistent. A…
  • vulcan4d -

Replied to the thread Docker failing to re-install.

Another finding is that Docker does not play nice with ZFS on OMV. I followed this guide to redirect the base path to a ZFS pool however it won't use the existing files moved from /var/lib/docker angristan.xyz/docker-zfs-pool/ If I try it from scratch…
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread new version of docker plugin to test.

Like (Post)
    I haven't got really into the weeds (gotta get ready for work).. but I just installed it on a clean install in Vbox and just did a quick install of Deluge, and it seems to be fine.
  • Netstumbler -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

Like (Post)
    I do system backups of my HC2s by removing the SD card and cloning it offline using my Linux laptop. I use one Armbian HC2 as an app server more than a NAS. It has a 512 GB SSD. And it has the root fs on the SSD. Easy with Armbian, the config app does…
  • Netstumbler -

Liked PWSteal’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

Like (Post)
    For now I'll stick to microSD images made with Win32 Disk Imager. I had the same question, you may read 4 posts starting from this one.
  • Trenchfoot -

Liked gron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MergerFS folders not mounted in /sharedfolders.

Like (Post)
    I spent quite a while on systemd - and I finished by modifying fstab because the same "after=" clause put in the systemd ".mount" files generated automaticaly by openmediavault has no effect, and on the contrary, works when put in fstab, like that…
  • Mazufa -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

Thread
    Hello I have tried to install your youtube video instructions Openmediavault NAS software but I have a problem. When I put the apt-get upgrade command, that command does not do what it would have to do, and I'm not asked yes / no. Nor does the window…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread SATA card.

Disclaimer: If you haven't done it before; Ebay is is what it is, which I would characterize as "buyer beware". This is not an endorsement and there are no guarantees. ____________________________________________________________________ This was the…