openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

After my old QNap with OMV 3 overcome its lifecycle i am looking for a small installation for a backup system with one Harddisk, running OMV 4/5 and simply rsync'ing my home-nas providing the backup via nfs/cifs.

I think I do not have high demands, looked for a Odroid HC2 while having a ironwolf 8TB Harddisk at hand. But in Germany it seems to be sold so I need alternatives ... what else Setup seems to be suiteable? Looked for RockPro64 but dont know if attaching Sata Drives Via USB3 is good / performant. Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ... What do I have to buy to run it 24/7 and where? Is there something else leke the HC2, while i like the dedicated straight design ...

Micha
  • New

hello,
    first, i hope everybody will understand my poor english ;)
    i found many thread speaking about modifying parameters in monit configuration, but i didn't found a thread about adding a new entry.
    I just want to monit with a network ping test if a device is connected or not on my network, and if not, send an alert.
    I thought it was exactly what monit does, that is why i want to add a service in monit. but i don't know which file adding/modifying to do this being sure that omv will not reset all i have done when reboot.
    thank you in advance for your help
  • New

Hello
    I have a, maybe stupid, question. And my English is only so so, so I am sorry if my grammar will make it look like a cat have walked on my keyboard.

Shortly, what I am worried about, that the drawer I have bought for a “pc case” we’ll get to hot and damage the rock64 pro and hdd.

But my idea is to drill a hole in the back of the drawer and the draw the wire for the power extended and the Ethernet cable through the hole. I also attach the rock64 pro to the bottom of the drawer with pc spacers. But I am worried that the power supply for the rock64 pro and hdd case would make the drawer too hot and will make to much heat in a closed area?

If that could be a issue then I would probably cut a hole to a pc fan and some other hole in the drawer to make some air circulation. But is it necessary?

Have I have bought if

A drawer:
    amazon.de/gp/product/B000KJO5Q…age_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rock64 pro w/ 4gb ram
    https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=61454 1

Rock64 pro power supply

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares

carriba

Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,

mipi

The Class E Network

geaves

Tons of unrecoverable read errors

votdev

Updated 3->4 and now POSTFIX ERRORS

votdev

Recent Activities

• carriba -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

No here a recap again on my yesterday and again today accomplished findings: Access to an OMV4 server using SSH terminal prompt and FTP shared folder is working fine with all Windows7, macOS, and Windows 10 operating systems. Access to the same OMV4…
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Quote from tkaiser: “as long as it's really just the 'backup NAS' use case smile.png ” (1) You got me ;) Quote from tkaiser: “other than being an oversized PSU for a single disk setup.. ” PSU ? ... I have maybe 20-30 of these power supplies in my cave…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “Edit: Well that didn't work out very well. While going through the script process..... ” I'm sure I read somewhere that @macom was trying this.
  • geaves -

Liked cghill’s post in the thread Trying to swap drives in RAID1 but RAID is missing.

Like (Post)
    Wow, thank you @flmaxey for the very informative response as well as all the resources you linked. You make a very strong case for OMV and I think I will give it a try so I can sunset my DS211j. Thank you as well @geaves for helping me sort through…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

OMV3 is end of life, please upgrade to OMV4.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

Your disk seems to be corrupted, i suggest to replace it. Check the status of the disk with SMART. If you've enabled emails notifications you'll get the notification that your system is under high load loadavg(5min) of 4.1 matches resource limit
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Updated 3->4 and now POSTFIX ERRORS.

Try to recreate the postfix config Shell-Script (2 lines)
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x add monit entry.

Simply create a file called /etc/monit/conf.d/my-test.conf. Don't calll it something like 'openmediavailt-xxx.conf' and you're fine.
  • peram -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 Zoneminder.

Quote from peram: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from peram: “does not work with the proposed docker for arm ... docker: koenkk / rpi-zoneminder ” What kind of system are you using? ” OMV4 on Odroid HC2 ...setting port 8080 but when I launch I…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Quote from mipi: “ROCKPro64 4GB SingleBoard Computer ROCKPro64 30mm TallProfile Heatsink ROCKPro64 MetalDesktop/NAS Casing ROCKPro64 12V 5A EUPOWER SUPPLY ROCKPro64 PCI-e toDual SATA-II Interface Card Fan for ROCKPro64Metal Desktop/NAS casing ” So…