openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello guys,I currently have 2t of contents analyzed by the plexmediaserver. If I were forced to redo the installation of omv from the beginning, I wondered if there was a way to save all the metadata of the plexserver so as not to have to reconstitute with the correct association of all the elements (covers, plots, titles, etc etc).How to proceed correctly to have an easily restored back up of all this information?Thanks for attention
  • New

Hi

Another question about rsnapshot, as I'm still not 100% fluid with OMV "ACL" (I used quotes voluntarily, given the different levels used in OMV for this).

I have several shared folders belonging to distinct users - some home folders, some shared by everybody, some shared by only a few users... The usual stuff.

What is recommended for using rsnapshot? Use the same destination shared folder for all backup and managed permissions within it? Use distinct shared folders?

I realize as I'm writing that my question may look wide and go beyond rsnaphot... Any advice will be appreciated!

PS: I'm using OMV 4.1.4-1

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

UEFI boot manager: can't install OVM from a USB-stick on Apollo Lake mini-pc

TOMillr

OMV GUI color

macom

How to unencrypt?

ryecoaaron

Saving Plexmediaserver Data Base

macom

Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?

macom

Recent Activities

• TOMillr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UEFI boot manager: can't install OVM from a USB-stick on Apollo Lake mini-pc.

I can boot Windows from USB as well as any Linux distro like AltLinux or the Linuium Ubuntu-respin that uses the rEFInd bootmager.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x OMV GUI color.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to unencrypt?.

Quote from Skyler7381: “How do you delete the LUKS device and how do you add a filesystem ” Using the web interface the same way you created them. Delete the luks device in the luks plugin and umount and add the filesystem in the filesystems tab.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Saving Plexmediaserver Data Base.

I would check the Plex documentation or ask in the Plex forum.
  • Skyler7381 -

How do you delete the LUKS device and how do you add a filesystem. I am currently away from home but will try when I get back later this evening. Thanks Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Quote from SteveMann: “The OMV4 iso kept failing in the file-copy step, but the OMV3 iso installed perfectly. ” I would try to do an upgrade to OMV4 before you spend much time for configuration and installation of plug-ins. Sooner or later you will…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Skyler7381: “If I format the drive will it be back to a normal hdd, where I can just move files to and from freely. ” The proper way to do it would unmount it in the web interface, delete the luks device and then wipe the drive in the…
  • Skyler7381 -

Yes, I have the passphrase for it but I no longer wish to have the drive encrypted. Every time I turn on the system I have to re enter the password to access my data. If I format the drive will it be back to a normal hdd, where I can just move files to…
  • antsh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Define transmit hash policy for lacp.

Thank you. So, just to check, I would add a file: /etc/network/interfaces.d/bond0 and in that file add the single line: Source Code (1 line)and it will be appended to the /etc/interfaces/bond0 setup?
  • antsh -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Define transmit hash policy for lacp.

Like (Post)
    Please read the 4.x changelog to get the necessary information how to store persistent stanzas in /etc/network/interfaces.