openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Virtualbox + OVM 3.0.89, kernel 3.16.0

jarojetu

[fixed] Powerwalker VI UPS Configproblem

der-brumm-baer

Updated OMV install on MyBookLive Linux

mic_pro

Virtualbox Guest addition where ?

yds

Grew RAID5 cant grow filesystem, only spare?

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• jarojetu -

Replied to the thread Virtualbox + OVM 3.0.89, kernel 3.16.0.

I have no clue how to install them :( could you please advise a bit... Thanks
  • der-brumm-baer -

Replied to the thread [fixed] Powerwalker VI UPS Configproblem.

Quote from kaminkehrer: “Hallo, der Thread ist zwar schon ewig alt, aber anbei meine funktionierende Config für meine Powerwalker VI 650 SH USV: Source Code (4 lines)Grüße kaminkehrer ” Hallo, läuft es bei dir stabil? Bei mir lief es anfangs…
  • mic_pro -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Updated OMV install on MyBookLive Linux.

Taking on your response I thought it be easier to downgrade back to Debian 7 Wheezy I did this then it started working Add Repo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list Paste This Line: deb packages.openmediavault.org/public stoneburner…
  • yds -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Virtualbox Guest addition where ?.

Once we download the file, where does it get placed? I downloaded the most recent ISO (5.2.0) and put it in the directory indicated in the error message (/usr/share/virtualbox/), but I still keep getting the error everytime I try to install it from the…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Grew RAID5 cant grow filesystem, only spare?.

Quote from JDMorrison: “It's RAID6, but why would 5 drives be more dangerous than 4? ” It's statistical probability. Individual hard drives have a life of around 4 to 5 years, of 24x7 use. As more individual drives are added to an array, the…
  • JDMorrison -

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from JDMorrison: “Adding a fifth drive to my array via the GUI only added it as a spare. I went to the console and entered mdam --grow --raid-devices=5 /dev/md0 Now the new drive is part of the array and the RAID is…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Solved? OMV and software raid 5.

@bookie56 Since it's in your experience, I have a question for you. I have a PC that's getting really old. It's an AMD Athlon, 2 core with 3GB running Vista. I've been using it for office stuff, technical drawing with older packages, and running…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from JDMorrison: “Adding a fifth drive to my array via the GUI only added it as a spare. I went to the console and entered mdam --grow --raid-devices=5 /dev/md0 Now the new drive is part of the array and the RAID is reshaping. ” If you have 5…
  • flmaxey -

Liked Wek’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved SMB share not working correcly with ricoh scanner (smb1\2\3 issue).

Like (Post)
    Totally agree with you @flmaxey about the poor security hopping around especially with those "OEM's hardware for Office" it's insane to overlook something so simple like make it work properly with a secure samba share, I mean how much difficult is it to…