openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello to all,

I would like to get the opinion especially from guys in that working on the development. From time to time I use the console to do some tasks that either the GUI don't have or works little different that I expect. Right now I'm using the root user but it is quite known that it is not a good practice but.... we are talking about openmediavault and not a pure linux system
    So I would like to ask if it worth/good etc. to continue use root or it is better to create a user and when it is needed invoke sudo.
  • New

Leider brachte die Suche im Forum keine für mich verwertbaren Ergebnisse, daher versuche ich es hier mal mit meinem Problem:

Vor dem Update auf die aktuelle OMV-Version 4.1.6 (Arrakis) unter der alten 3er-Version lief das Autoshutdown-PlugIn anstandslos. Auch das Upgrade von der 3er Version auf die 4er Version lässt (von ein paar anderen Fehlern abgesehen) das NAS automatisch runterfahren.

Meine zweite SSD mit einer kompletten Neuinstallation (kein Upgrade von 3 auf 4) scheitert jedoch am automatischen Herunterfahren, obgleich das Autoshutdown-PlugIn exakt gleich konfiguriert wurde.

Ich würde das NAS gerne mit der "cleanen" Neusinstallation weiterbetreiben aber eben auch automatisch abschalten können. Wer kann mit bestem Dank im Voraus helfen?

Autoshutdown-Version: 4.0.3
    OMV 4.1.6 (Arrakis)
    Kernel: Linux 4.16.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
    Debian GNU/Linux 9.4 (stretch)
  • New

Hi all,

I'm currently in a testing phase to setup a new NAS. I want to use Snapraid and mergerfs as union filesystem on top.
    I'm faced with the issue below. <== and I'm hoping for help.

1. Snapraid creation ok

2. Union filesystem created (done via web client)

#################################################################################
    root@openmediavault:~# mergerfs.ctl info
    - mount: /srv/c6b1f64f-2c51-4adb-bbb2-1f5c3f650c48
    version: 2.23.1
    pid: 19933
    srcmounts:
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-Samsung_SSD_850_EVO_250GB_S2CJNXAGC00673K-part3 <== partition
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data1 <== real disk
    ##################################################################################

After creating a shared folder named hugo the following happens:

##################################################################################
    root@openmediavault:~# mergerfs.ctl info
    - mount:…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Several problems running OMV 3

Blebbens

OpenVPN Setup

Zwei

console user

gderf

rock64 - clean stretch armhf install - watchdog daemon fails to start

tkaiser

Problem with setting timezone

michal88

Recent Activities

• Blebbens -

Replied to the thread Several problems running OMV 3.

output: "-dash: 2: e2fsck: not found" I am not logged in into OMV web interface, but it still tells me the raid is busy.
  • Zwei -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OpenVPN Setup.

Quote from flist: “Quote from Zwei: “Hi all, I've had my RaspberyPi running OMV4 for a while. Recenty the OpenVPN plugin got released, and I'd like to use it to access my NAS even when I'm not connected to my own network. I've managed to setup the…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x console user.

Create a new user and elevate privileges only when needed.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread rock64 - clean stretch armhf install - watchdog daemon fails to start.

Source Code (1 line)...is most probably all that's needed to get this service out of the way...
  • michal88 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with setting timezone.

OMV is running on BananaPi with Raspbian Lite based on Jessie > upgraded to Stretch. I've added repo: "http://packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main", and then "apt-get install openmediavault"
  • fumantsu -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x console user.

Thread
    Hello to all, I would like to get the opinion especially from guys in that working on the development. From time to time I use the console to do some tasks that either the GUI don't have or works little different that I expect. Right now I'm using the…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Several problems running OMV 3.

Quote from Blebbens: “Now I wanted to do a fsck.After executing sudo umount /dev/md0, it tells me the target is busy. the command fsck is not found by the system. ” After using umount on my test step up, I got the busy message as well. It was…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with setting timezone.

Can't reproduce this. How did you have installed OMV?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rename partition label.

You have to do this manually via CLI if you want to do that, but notice, this will change the device file of your filesystem, thus shared folders and other things won't work anymore. Because of that the WebUI does not provide this feature to rename a…
  • EherXtrem -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Autoshutdown-Fehler unter OMV_4.1.6.

Ja, diese Beiträge habe ich mit der Forumsuche in der Hoffnung auf Hilfe gefunden und durchgelesen (zum Teil auch weitere im Netz durchgearbeitet) aber leider noch keine tatsächliche Lösung gefunden. Ich habe gelesen, dass nur ein Entwickler an…