openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Difference between "Storage > SMART > General Settings" and "Sheduled tasks"

Reinstall of OMV due to a dead drive

flmaxey

Help with Easy Backup solution

flmaxey

[Odroid HC2] [Armbian] Stretch upgrade, OMV error

trohn_javolta

Uges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4

Recent Activities

• Currently I am setting up SMART tests. SMTP is already set up. Now I don't know what the difference is between "Storage > SMART > General Settings" and "Sheduled tasks". In Sheduled tasks I've put in - 1 short test per HDD at 3 AM every day and 1 long…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Reinstall of OMV due to a dead drive.

A clicking drive is most likely a completely dead drive. In that's the case, to get data from it, you might be looking at forensic recovery that's beyond a home user's capability and way too expensive to farm out to a recovery firm. @DHGE is on the…
  • flmaxey -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Antinomy: “could you give an input about a wireless energy efficient storage platform to choose? ” Nope. No experiences whatsoever since wireless performance depends on so many factors and I never did any consumption measurements so far…
  • flmaxey -

Liked ellnic’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Like (Post)
    Well IDK who Jody Bruchon is... nor does anyone else. He's certainly no one the industry recognises as a file system expert - or has even heard of for that matter. He looks like some guy with his own name.com, a blog, and he likes youtube.. and a bad…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from flmaxey: “Rsync could be used in combination with Remote Mount, ” I don't want to have to use remotemount. The plugin would either use rsync or rsync+ssh. ” You are way more qualified than I am to chose the…
  • trohn_javolta -

Replied to the thread [Odroid HC2] [Armbian] Stretch upgrade, OMV error.

I just did ap-get update no upgrade or dist-upgrad so far. Ok, after changing to arrakis, apt-get update still stops and can't finish :/ I'm a bit scared to do apt-get upgrade now... How is the right way to update debian with omv? First do…
  • willynuisance -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Uges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4.

Thread
    Hello everybody, After my my update from omv3 to 4, It seems everything was working fine except a little samba issue I reported here. But trying to solve this I realized that I can't update anymore. 1st I had this weird Python bug (with weakref.py) I can…
  • Audioguru -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Failed to create the directory.

Thread
    Hi! I'm running my OMV for a week now with only 2 folders, Video and backup, I want to make a third folder, Photos, but when I try to do that OMV refuse to create the folder and give me that message: Failed to create the directory…
  • NASNoob1 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can not get OMV PlexMediaServerinstalled anymore.

Thread
    Today normally I just wanted to remove postfix with apt-get remove postfix. But it uninstalled my complete OMV installation. OMV is now installed again but I can't install PlexMediaServer anymore. See image below: How can I fix this? Edit Solution…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread rootfs matches resource limit.

Plex is your problem. Not sure how you made your symlink but it doesn't appear to work.