openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello! I apologize for my English. There was a problem. I updated my NAS, plugged in the old drives. One of them SMART is bad. This drive is not mounted in OMV. It is only possible to recreate the file system. But through the console command mount it connects and works fine. How to get out of this situation?
    My hardware is:
    M/B
    ASUS P5G41T-M LX3

HDD
    WD10EALX
    ST31000528AS (SMART BAD)
  • New

Hello,

I encounter a problem when I reboot my OMV, I receive an email notification that the php-fpm service and omv-engined service are not running and a few seconds later I receive a notification that the service has been revived.

Does not exist Service php-fpm

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:07:52
    Action: restart
    Host: openmediavault
    Description: process is not running

Your faithful employee,
    Monit

and a few seconds later:

Exists Service php-fpm

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:08:31
    Action: alert
    Host: openmediavault
    Description: process is running with pid 1338

Your faithful employee,
    Monit

I looked in the system log but I do not see more explanation.
    Someone would have an idea about the cause of this notification and how to fix it ?
  • New

Greetings all,
    I built an OMV4 box strictly for test purposes. No important data is on this machine.
    I threw in 5 hard drives of various sizes that I had laying around.
    I installed the OS on one and made a raid5 array with the other 4. Created a file system, some folders, and threw some test files on there.
    I then powered down the machine and unplugged one drive from the raid array to simulate a failure.
    Boot back up and the entire raid array is gone. Plug drive back in and the array comes back.
    My question is - Is this the expected behavior?
    Second question - Would I or should I need to recover the array somehow from the command line?
  • New

Hi,

Need a bit of help on this one as I have tried a few things and I am not able to figure this one out.

I have a fresh install of the latest OMV 4, all fine so far until I wanted to uninstall some plugins, for some reason after I uninstall a plugin the Plugin stills shows in the left menu and when you click on it you get the error "RPC service 'TransmissionBt' not found.", I would expect the error as I have uninstalled the plugin but how do you clean the stuck item in the menu, restart does not fix it, tried purging and update but nothing seems to remove those uninstalled plugins from the menu. Also I can still see the interface behind the error panel. (Capture attached

Any suggestions are kindly welcomed.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Error deamon and notification mail

votdev

Human memory issue, how was the setup done?

geaves

Problem mounting drive with a bad SMART

Getting the folowing error messages: 'status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data-RA​ID is not a mountpoint' and 30sec later status succeeded (0)

tkaiser

install OMV on my NAS with usb Key

.H.

Recent Activities