openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi all, I was cleanign out the inside of my case this week as it lives in the garage, I unplugged drives etc and plugged back in but possibly the sata cables did not got on the drives they were on before.

Nothing seems effected except for the SMART status now, 2 show up as green, the other 8 just shows Unknown with no temps or anything. This has not changed for a few days.

Is there a way for me to get that detail back?
  • New

Hello,

I tried to install OMV 4.1.3 and get the error message "No Ethernet card was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed by your E6thernet card, you can select it from the list.". I also tried Debian 9.5 netinstall and the DVD-1 image with the same error.
    My motherboard is Gigaybyte H370M DS3H and the LAN Controller should be Intel I219-V.
    I also copied the drivers downloadcenter.intel.com/de/product/82186 and downloadcenter.intel.com/de/do…e-Driver-for-FreeBSD-?v=t to another USB stick to load the drivers, but this also doesn't work.

Should I install OMV or Debian without the drivers or is there another possibility to install OMV with the ethernet drivers?
  • New

Hi all,
    I'm new in openmediavault, but reading the forum I resolved all problem since now.
    I installed OVM 4 over Debian 9 without GUI because my motherboard doesn't allow Legacy Boot and I set successfully a Raid 5 with Samba Share, Nextcloud and Transmission plugin.
    Now I'm tring to set email notifications. After configuration, I send a test email and It works.
    The problem is with S.M.A.R.T. temperature monitor, because OMV doesn't send the notifications when HDD Temperature reaches the value that I set.

This is what I did:
    - I activated SMART Monitor for all HDD from the "Devices" tab;
    - In General Setting, I enabled the check, with Pover Mode on Never and 1800 sec;
    - I set the temperature intentionally low (40°C for informal) to be sure to get a notifications;
    - I checked in notifications tab that all service are enabled.

OMV doesn't send nothing and 2 HDD are at 42°C for all night.

What's wrong in my configuration?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Huges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4

ArmandH

Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

ArmandH

MySQL Cron Job Error

David B

Help with Easy Backup solution

flmaxey

OMV system Standby via UI trigger not working

raven66

Recent Activities

• ArmandH -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Huges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4.

I run into issues as well, i just did a fresh install of the latest iso available 4.13 and upgraded to 4.17 but.... yeah i still run into the same weakref.py issue solved by editing the file, now again i run into ZFS plugin install issues header missing…
  • ArmandH -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

I just did a complete fresh install 4.13 and then upgraded to 4.17 still when running a apt-get update i was getting the weakref.py error, fixed it by editing the file again but i found it very strange that that bug is still there
  • David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MySQL Cron Job Error.

I think that worked! Thanks! I tried running logrotate manually again and there were no errors this time.
  • David B -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MySQL Cron Job Error.

Like (Post)
    Quote from David B: “I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been on vacation ” And we have finally found your problem. This is what the file should look like: Source Code (12 lines)
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from henfri: “I did not mean to offend you... ” Then maybe you might look back at your approach: In this thread, the title is Help with Easy Backup solution You suggested rsnapshot. Right at the beginning, porkenstien looked at rsnapshot and…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV system Standby via UI trigger not working.

I currently have Flash Plugin installed, edited fstab with "noatime" and "nodiratime" and swapiness is set to 1. Swap partition at /sda5 is *enabled* currently and I will eventually left it this way - if that's the cost of working suspend. Actually,…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

• TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/h4IXjMXtTQE Today, we'll use a simple scrip to change our theme from blue and gray to black and white. The commands can be found here.
  • flvinny521 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Like (Post)
    I updated the plugin to support nfs v4.
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

So yeah basically comment out line 5 or adjust. I personally do most stuff manually so I have no need for it. I’ll probably disable it by commenting out and leave installed in case I change my mind. Still can’t believe I didn’t notice this in 3 or…