Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Problem with omvextra repositories

ryecoaaron

two eth interfaces

gian

installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails

tkaiser

Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles.

ryecoaaron

Externe Festplatte an USB Steckkarte

merkur

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

I'm out of ideas and tired of RPi things not working.
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Output of apt-get -f install ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig Abhängigkeitsbaum wird…
  • gian -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x two eth interfaces.

in the meanwhile, I found you can ADD a network interface indeed from the webgui, however, I got a message error while saving the new config... Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails.

Quote from Robbin: “Third partition was already there (probably not removed during flash process by etcher) ” Flashing completely overwrites the partition table but the 2nd partition will be resized on first boot and the 3rd one created. If you run…
  • Adoby -

Liked Virgil.A’s post in the thread OMV-Theme plugin, theme changer and UI customisation.

Like (Post)
    So the day has finally come to release this plugin. Deb package details: Package: openmediavault-theme Version: 0.5.0 Maintainer: Virgil A. Homepage: github.com/virgil-av/openmediavault-theme Description: Plugin to change ui themes and ui…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Quote from elsmandino: “TVHeadend was automatically added as a system user? ” most likely. Most packages that provide a service do not want that service to run as root and the package will create a new user specifically for that service.
  • elsmandino -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

OK, this is very slowly sinking in. I have just been reading the Debian Wiki and I was unaware, until now, that "users" doesn't just mean individual users but also includes system users. So am I correct in thinking, therefore, that as soon as I…
  • elsmandino -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Like (Post)
    Quote from elsmandino: “What is the significance of this? ” Nothing really since that is your user. If the user TVHeadend runs as is named hts, it is probably a system user which means it won't show up in the web interface. What is output of: groups
  • merkur -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Externe Festplatte an USB Steckkarte.

• Robbin -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails.

@tkaiser thanks a lot for support. The error I mentioned before disappeared when I reflashed the image. Third partition was already there (probably not removed during flash process by etcher). Since then I only encounter errors related to /tmp/, which…