openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I would like to find out why the system locks up at random times when I write to a 10 drive RAID 6 array. (Basically shell freezes on screen and system reboots in ~30 sec)

After creating the RAID array (mdadm), while resyncing the system locked up and rebooted in about every hour. When the resync process finished it was working fine until I started to copy stuff to it (using rsync but it doesn't matter). I set the bwlimit to 4000K about 10 hours before, no issues since.
    If I don't set the limit it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to few hours to lock up and reboot.

Things I've done/tried so far:
    • created a 2GB test file, copied over, no problem (~330MB/s)
    • turned off the write-cache on all drives (not solved the issue)
    • kernel update (.14 -> .15)
    • can't find anything useful in the logs (except some ACPI errors)
    • memtest
    The system:
    • Mobo: ASUS B85M-G (6 onboard sata connector)
    • 2x PCIE: Delock 70137 SATA RAID (2 sata connector / card)
    • PSU: 650W FSP Raider 2

The ACPI warnings:

• New

Heyo all, so I just got a new motherboard and case

I currently run OMV on 1 160GB disk and data on 1 500GB disk, so I'm gonna replace the case and Motherboard and run raid 5 (with 6 data-disks) only problem is that my motherboard only have 4 SATA ports, so I want to plug 2 disks (raid 5) in and then plug the data drive (and OMV system disk) in to NAS (so thats 2x new drives 1x old days drive and 1x system drive), when the data is complete copying to the new 2x disks I want to unplug the old drive and extend the 2 disks (in RAID 5) with a third disk and extend it with even more drives once my SATA to PCI-E (RAID controller??) Comes :)

TL;DR: can I raid 5 2 disks and extend it with more disks in a few weeks :)

also: what other RAID method do OMV support?

Also also: can I simply move my OMV drive
    to another pc and will it boot?

• New

Hello,

After making the recent update my virtualbox addon stop working.
    Here is the error window output

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'virtualbox-web' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for virtualbox-web.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    3. Stack trace:
    4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
    5. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(104): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)
    6. #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/virtualbox.inc(107): OMV\System\SystemCtl->enable(true)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

System lock up and reboot when writing to RAID 6 array

ryecoaaron

Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error

MorgothQ

Use Sensors Plugin on Raspberry Pi with a Command

ryecoaaron

Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?

ryecoaaron

LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED]

godfuture

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) System lock up and reboot when writing to RAID 6 array.

Try a different power supply? Maybe the voltage is dropping too much at higher bandwidth? Try different sata cards? Maybe the driver is having issues at higher bandwidth?
  • sandros -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) System lock up and reboot when writing to RAID 6 array.

Thread
    Hello, I would like to find out why the system locks up at random times when I write to a 10 drive RAID 6 array. (Basically shell freezes on screen and system reboots in ~30 sec) After creating the RAID array (mdadm), while resyncing the system locked…
  • MorgothQ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from MorgothQ: “So, if I wait, it should clear up on it's own? ” I'm not currently seeing this problem. Quote from MorgothQ: “I'm seeing the same error on GitHub as well. Has it been a recurring error over there…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Use Sensors Plugin on Raspberry Pi with a Command.

I guess not. Most people aren't too concerned with the temps on an RPi. The sensors plugin author hasn't worked on the plugin much let alone add support for arm boards.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error.

Quote from MorgothQ: “So, if I wait, it should clear up on it's own? ” I'm not currently seeing this problem. Quote from MorgothQ: “I'm seeing the same error on GitHub as well. Has it been a recurring error over there too? ” No because github…
  • mortee -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Use Sensors Plugin on Raspberry Pi with a Command.

Really, no one tried to do this in the last year and a half?
  • MorgothQ -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from MorgothQ: “Following an upgrade to 4.x last night I'm now getting the following error when I run ” This is a bintray issue that happens from time to time. No idea what causes. I have email their support before…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Quote from SteveMann: “what's the process to un-raid my disks and reuse them individually? ” Wipe them in the physical disks tab and format them in the filesystems tab.
  • SteveMann -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Thanks for all the replies. I did more reading as suggested, and agree that RAID is not a backup system. So, I'll skip RAID until I find a need for it and continue to do occasional backups. So, what's the process to un-raid my disks and reuse them…
  • godfuture -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED].

One thing about the usb stick...many people mount the stick to get the keyfile. but there are better ways...you could place /dev/random infront of the first partition. This way no mount is needed anymore. But check the start of your usb part: Source Code…