openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

So I've got an OMV 3.x server that I made out of an old dell PE 840, with 4 2TB drives in the Dell SAS Raid enclosure. Over the weekend a VM that I have on it failed. When i checked it out found tons of 'medium errors' and 'unrecoverable read errors'. I assume it's 'bad blocks' so first and foremost, how do I run a 'scandisk' or something on this to recover what it can?

Second would be, is there a way to get notified of errors like this? I think if I could have moved this before it got bad I wouldn't be in a pinch now so i figured I'd check for my other systems and future reference...

Thanks!
  • New

Currently the OMV Duplicati plugin doesn't include any means to customize how the server runs and or add custom variables to the /etc/default/duplicati file that the service uses. from what I've found, this makes the default service more or less useless if you need to add any custom variables. I am not sure how hard this is to add, but having the ability to add extra options, similar to what the SSH plugin does, would be very helpful for more advanced configurations.

For Reference, this is what that file looks like by default,

# This is file is generated.
    MONO_TLS_PROVIDER=legacy
    DAEMON_OPTS="--webservice-port=8300 --webservice-interface=0.0.0.0"

And this is what it would look like with a single custom option added.

# This is file is generated.
    MONO_TLS_PROVIDER=legacy
    DAEMON_OPTS="--webservice-port=8300 --webservice-interface=0.0.0.0 --webservice-sslcertificatefile=/usr/lib/duplicati/cert/certificate.pfx"

So all edits have to be in a single line, unlike the ssh config.…
  • New

I recently modified 3 of my docker containers do to removal of a users. I did modify my container while they were on and only changed PGID and PUID to my new user. In the docker overview everything seems fine but I cannot access them. I didn't think changing the PGID and PUID would break it. Do I need to reconfigure them all over?

Here is my docker log file from the sonarr container: ghostbin.com/paste/vhy5j
  • New

I just finished a clean installation debian 9.6.0 OS w/openmediavualt extras virtualbox. After that I click on phpVirtualbox web ui and tried to use default 'admin' and 'password' to login without any luck.

any help here ?

virtualbox web service is running with green light, but cannot login with default username and password.

:(

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Duplicati plugin Suggestion

ryecoaaron

Tons of unrecoverable read errors

linuxserver / mariadb - empty nextclouddb folder

Guillermo

The Class E Network

flmaxey

Modify docker container

raulfg3

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati plugin Suggestion.

While I agree it probably could use some improvement, I don't plan on porting it to OMV 5.x in favor of using docker. The plugin isn't much more than an enable button anyway. So, you could start using the docker now and get the customization you want. …
  • MickBurke -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

Thread
    So I've got an OMV 3.x server that I made out of an old dell PE 840, with 4 2TB drives in the Dell SAS Raid enclosure. Over the weekend a VM that I have on it failed. When i checked it out found tons of 'medium errors' and 'unrecoverable read errors'. I…
  • Guillermo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved linuxserver / mariadb - empty nextclouddb folder.

Quote from vedatorkun: “Quote from geaves: “Well that looks Ok, but what I did (see your second image) I checked the option Recursive (Apply permissions to files and subfolders) to the AppData share, that was the only way I could get the Heimdall data to…
  • youtu.be/WO9WS3zpAF0 Today, we will install Watchtower into a Openmediavault docker. Watchtower will then automatically update our other dockers.
  • youtu.be/xqaK9nRuulE Today, we will clean up the all containers left by Watchtower. Source Code (1 line)Special thanks to @gammarayburst and @raulfg3
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

There's a LOT to absorb on the Ceph topic but, with the barest of overviews, it seems to be interesting. I'm not sure I could do much with a cluster configuration (who knows what could be done in VM's?) so I'll be looking at what can be done at the host…
  • fognar -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati plugin Suggestion.

Thread
    Currently the OMV Duplicati plugin doesn't include any means to customize how the server runs and or add custom variables to the /etc/default/duplicati file that the service uses. from what I've found, this makes the default service more or less useless…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Modify docker container.

my experience doing the same: sometimes the new docker is corrupt and i need to delete and recreate. PD: when use portainer to modify the same in docker, all times works, so my suggest is that use portainer to modify PUID & PGID on existing containers…
  • bowe -

@geaves Yeah followed that when I installed yesterday. Maybe I should just reinstall whole container..
  • geaves -

@TechnoDadLife has a video for Sonarr, he has a video for Transmission but not rtorrent.