openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to setup a system with openmediavault 4.1.13. I am currently inside a university, whose network requires a two-step authentication to access internet. First, you have to connect to a wireless network, then opening a browser reveals a mask with user:---- and password:----, which are provided to university personnel and are personal.

Is there a way to connect to a network like this to install plugins and updates? Connecting via an Ethernet cable and setting a fixed IP lets me use the webinterface, but since there is no internet connection I can only use the standard functionalities.

Thank you in advance!
  • New

Hi,

my raid fail, i'd like to destroy it to use mergeFS.
    But it's always say it's busy, so i can't delete it in OMV.

In the peripheral (sorry, maybe not the right word, i use OMV in french), i see the raid peripheral, but the status is "missing" and i can't do anything (no unmount, no delete etc)

Thanks for your help , i can't make other file system or anything since the raid fail (but i still got acces to my data and btw, they are backuped on another NAS)
  • New

Hallo zusammen,

hat jemand von euch Autoshutdown im Betrieb?
    Ich habe eine Frage zur Konfiguration:
    Ich möchte mein NAS herunterfahren (in Standby versetzen) lassen, wenn bestimmte Geräte nicht mehr an (per Ping nicht erreichbar) sind.
    In der Konfig für Autoshutdown kann ich IPs angeben, aber auch Ports. Jetzt frage ich mich : prüft das Plugin nur, ob auf dem bestimmten Port zwischen NAS und den angebenen IPs Traffic/Aktivität ist, oder wie ist das mit den Portangaben zu verstehen?

Müsste ich dann den SMB-Port angeben? Allerdings ist dort ja nicht ständig traffic bzw. vermute ich, dass die connection irgendwann getrennt wird, wenn längere Zeit nicht genutzt.

Bin gespannt auf eure Antworten.
  • New

I am trying to set up a scheduled Rsync job using the OMV Users Guide (page 61 & following). Here is the job I created:

When I run the job I get the following error:

Going back to my file systems I discovered that both of my disks are not referenced:

How can that be when I have five shared folders attached to disk1?

What am I doing wrong?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking

jollyrogr

Connect to network that requires user and password (hotspot-style)

ryecoaaron

The Class E Network

ryecoaaron

Raid fail : how to destroy it ?

ryecoaaron

Transmission script to cleaning up completed torrents

Recent Activities

• jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

I had not thought about automating the update but that sounds like a good idea.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Connect to network that requires user and password (hotspot-style).

There is no way to do this from the web interface but if you can do it from the command line on a Debian system, it will work on OMV.
  • isaia.ismaele -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Connect to network that requires user and password (hotspot-style).

Thread
    Hi everyone! I'm trying to setup a system with openmediavault 4.1.13. I am currently inside a university, whose network requires a two-step authentication to access internet. First, you have to connect to a wireless network, then opening a browser…
  • DrPeril -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DrPeril: “Has any progress been made on the -as plugin? ” No and I doubt anyone is going to work on it. If you install the openvpn-as package, it has its own web interface and doesn't really need a plugin.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “Yes I am, and the only reason is because my isp's router does not allow a dns entry only ddns....this is looking more toward using the Pi for Pi-Hole and maintaining OMV's DNS plugin on the my main OMV box. ” Why not enable dhcp…
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “You're using OMV's DNS plugin (as I remember) where I am not. Perhaps the plugin is conflicting with unbound. Did you ever figure out a workaround for the DHCP issue? (Caused by your ISP's router as I recall.) ” Yes I am, and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Quote from bart70: “umount /dev/md0 give no answer ” That means it unmounted (that is the Linux way - message on error). You should be able to stop the array now.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Quote from bart70: “i have to delete the reference ? ” Technically no :) mdadm should stop the raid, the only other option would be stop services or remove smb, rsync or anything referencing the shares, I think that's why the suggestion using the…
  • flmaxey -

You're using OMV's DNS plugin (as I remember) where I am not. Perhaps the plugin is conflicting with unbound. Did you ever figure out a workaround for the DHCP issue? (Caused by your ISP's router as I recall.)