openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys,

yesterday I installed OMV 3.0.86 on my machine and upgraded it to 3.0.88 several times. On version 3.0.86 as well as on 3.0.88 I continuously get errors "Failed to get the RPC parameters." First intention from my side was that I have some wrongly configured DNS-service running in my network but it turned out that I'm currently using the DNS-servers provided by my ISP only. So I don't get what might be the problem.

Does anyone have some hints what I can do to identify the problem?

Thanks in advance.
  • New

Hello,

I installed a new HDD (Data1, 8Tio formated in GPT) on OMV/Debian Jessy and when i mount Data1 on /media/$UUID or /media/Data1, OMV can't see the filesystem when i try create one shared folder.

so, I understand since the 3.73, OMV mont hdd on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-* but it does not suit me because I use Gnome for many reasons.
    I had create a symlink from /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1 to /media/Data1 but I have encountered problems to manage file rights.

1) Why OMV mounted HDD on /srv ? (security? incompatibility? other?)
    2) how to modify/revert the mount point on OMV?

My conf:

• New

I'm a complete docker newbie and looking at using it as a way of separating plugins from the OS.

I'm trying to get my first plugin up and running (sabnzbd) and while I can talk to it over the network, I'm having real problems with the folders and storage and haven't really been able to find anything in the way of documentation for the plugin to explain what the settings are.

What I really want is to be able to define the folders or /config path to use, so that data is stored outside of the container.
    However, I've tried setting the HOME variable, the host paths individually and the container path and nothing seems to use the folder structure I want.

say I have a folder called /media/xxxx-1234-abcde/Usenet, how do I get the container to create the sabnzbd folder structure inside that shared folder and continue to use that going forward?

Thanks.
  • New

OMV image: OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41

used etcher on Mac on 32GB microSD
    Device : Rpi 3

Also connected to Rp3 is NTFS formatted 128GB USB 3.0

Click on Storage >> Physical Disk shows i have 2 disks
    /dev/mmcblk0 - 29GB
    /dev/sda - 119 GB

Problem:
    Click on Services >> SMB/CIFS (enabled) >> 'Shares' tab
    a. Click Add
    b. Click on 'Shared Folder' drop down - no directory shown
    c. Click on + in front of 'Shared folder'
    d. In 'Add Shared Folder' dialog click on 'Device drop down - DOESNT SHOW Any of my connected devices (microSD or USB)

Any step i may be missing?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

how to modify OMV mount point and add shared folders?

rickey.mandraque

OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

N3ST

Error "Failed to get the RPC parameters"

Docker - Folder settings

subzero79

Moving drives to HBA from onboard controller

Sc0rp

Recent Activities

• rickey.mandraque -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x how to modify OMV mount point and add shared folders?.

Thank you so much. Quote from subzero79: “omv is a headless server not designed to run along a desktop environment. ” Yes, I know but I have not the choice :-/ Anyone Idea how to delete the FS missing? - Nothing in fstab, blkid or other! (Hidden…
  • N3ST -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

• subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x how to modify OMV mount point and add shared folders?.

Quote from rickey.mandraque: “so, I understand since the 3.73, OMV mont hdd on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-* but it does not suit me because I use Gnome for many reasons. ” This is a mistake, omv is a headless server not designed to run along a desktop…
  • Hansa -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Error "Failed to get the RPC parameters".

Thread
    Hi guys, yesterday I installed OMV 3.0.86 on my machine and upgraded it to 3.0.88 several times. On version 3.0.86 as well as on 3.0.88 I continuously get errors "Failed to get the RPC parameters." First intention from my side was that I have some…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Docker - Folder settings.

You can try the guide in the forum section on how to use the docker plugin. Docker is extensively well documented. docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/run/ Also good public images are also documented on how to run containers. Check linuxserver
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread Moving drives to HBA from onboard controller.

Re, since you use the drives as "bare" block-devices with no underlaying array-functions, it makes no sense to me to move any of the drives from onboard controller to the new HBA. Don't touch the running system, just add the HBA and connect the new…
  • rickey.mandraque -

I've found!!! I've edit /etc/fstab and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml: XML Source Code (10 lines) Source Code (1 line)i rebooted and voila! but... I have a ghost :-/ forum.openmediavault.org/index…4aaf40b3f83fe75e1def1665e source:OMV changing
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other.

Re, Quote from darkarn: “I ping using ip addresses as if I ping using hostnames, the Gigabit NIC of the machines will get the ping instead of the 10 Gbe NICs ” Yeah, that's correct. DNS is working :D Did you tried the brigde-solution? May be it is better…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Quote from N3ST: “Quick question is it possible to upgrade the firmware from 4.9.37 to 4.9.46 or will I have to reinstall everything from scratch? ” That's the kernel, not 'firmware' :) Yes, can be updated on the image with 'apt upgrade' but currently…
  • darkarn -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other.

Quote from Sc0rp: “Re, Quote from darkarn: “Before setting each link as their own subnet instead of all under one subnet, Windows-PC can ping both NAS1 and NAS2, but NAS1 and NAS2 can't ping to any machine ” That sounds really weired. But in your…