openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I got my HDD on there, created a file, its on the network i think and i added plex, the plugins, and now I am lost. I have no idea what to do next and i cant seem to add a network drive. I would like some tips with different os since we have Windows, Android, MacOS, Linux, and ios. I am obviously new to the whole NAS, RAID storage, and plex. I had a Pi, some HDDs and decided to try something. We lost some HDDs when our PC went down some time ago. Hope a NAS Pi setup would be more stable. Also plex is interesting. Need help moving forward.
  • Why php5 AND php7 packages in OMV-4 ? OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x

Titanet

New

Since upgrade from OMV-3 to OMV-4, i receive mails from monit or cron daemon each 30 mn :

Source Code

1. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    and here is error message from systemctl :

Source Code

1. openmv php5-fpm[1126]: [12-Dec-2017 21:38:04] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object failed to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    So i stopped Monit service and notification via Gui.

Do i have to remove php5 packages ?
  • New

I get grub to load up and about 4-6 lines later black screen. Nothing I do will show the info and the login page.

Ive changed grub to

Source Code

1. GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768
    2. GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
    Which works fine for grub but after a few lines after grub boom black screen again.

its like its loading something when OMV is booting which wipes grubs settings and back to default.

Any ideas been searching for the last week without any luck.

Cheers

(Stone Burner 2.2.14)
  • New

Und zwar habe ich folgendes Problem
    Ich nutze Openmediavault auf einem BananaPi, installiert auf einer MicroSD Karte
    Angeschlossen habe ich eine externe Sata Festplatte, die vollständig in Openmediavault eingerichtet ist
    Nun möchte ich mittels Syncthing, meine Daten zb. vom einem Laptop, auf die externe Sata Festplatte syncronisieren.
    Dies klappt aber irgendwie nicht.
    Ich habe einen Ordner freigegeben und Syncthing als Nutzer definiert.
    Syncthing nutzt aber trotzdem noch die MicroSD Karte
    Vielleicht kann mir jemand weiterhelfen
    Ich wäre sehr dankbar

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cannot view filesystem after creation

flmaxey

NextCloud Installation Q & A

tinh_x7

I have no idea what I am doing. Need guidance, Raspberry Pi 3, OMV V 3.0.79, NAS, Plex

some advices for a new NAS (update: feedback)

Blabla

raspberry pi 2.0.15 image

adepaolis

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Cannot view filesystem after creation.

I just noticed that the commands apt-get clean and apt-get update can be done in the GUI, as follows. forum.openmediavault.org/index…f61c3ed2af6f36c84236e9565 Removing your extra plugins, but leaving OMV-Extras in place (and using the buttons) should…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

1. Ensure you save the script as .sh. and modify ocpath='/var/www/nextcloud' according to your installation directory. 2. sudo chmod +x script_name.sh 3. ./script_name
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Cannot view filesystem after creation.

Just to confirm, you are using OMV 3.0.X now, right? The file link above is only for OMV3. Also it would be best to do updates before installing plugin's First, uninstall plugins you may have added, then uninstall the openmediavault-omvextrasorg
  • I got my HDD on there, created a file, its on the network i think and i added plex, the plugins, and now I am lost. I have no idea what to do next and i cant seem to add a network drive. I would like some tips with different os since we have Windows,…
  • drew_p13 -

Unfortunately I've been getting this error whenever I try to install plugins: forum.openmediavault.org/index…f61c3ed2af6f36c84236e9565 Not sure if it's specific to the ZFS plugin, but it doesn't finish uploading and gives me this.
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x some advices for a new NAS (update: feedback).

Quote from mrtata: “Hi, just to give you a little feedback on my config. here it is: - motherboard: ASROCK H270M-ITX/ac (with 6 sata port) - CPU: Pentium G4400 - rad CPU: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim - RAM: Ballistix BLS8G4D240FSC Sport LT 8Go DDR4 - Power:…
  • Blabla -

Liked mrtata’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x some advices for a new NAS (update: feedback).

Like (Post)
    Hi, just to give you a little feedback on my config. here it is: - motherboard: ASROCK H270M-ITX/ac (with 6 sata port) - CPU: Pentium G4400 - rad CPU: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim - RAM: Ballistix BLS8G4D240FSC Sport LT 8Go DDR4 - Power: BeQuiet Pure Power…
  • flmaxey -

I failed to note that you were using the Beta (OMV4.X). Still, that is ODD behavior even for the Beta, but I'm sure the Dev's will catch up to it. In any case, it's good that your sata order is sorted out and, as they say, all is well that ends…
  • adepaolis -

Replied to the thread raspberry pi 2.0.15 image.

I just tried following some steps but while installing omv I received an error. It would be so much weasier just to deplou the omv 2.0.15 image. Im still looking if someone has a source. Thanks