openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

HELP!! mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-lab​el-Media' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media is not a mountpoint

Adoby

Different Micro sd size

Adoby

New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+

Agricola

Setting up Rsync

Agricola

Error with static ip on rock64

Nefertiti

Recent Activities

• I've never figured out how to fix this. I just restore a working backup of the rootfs to the SD card and carry on. This happened to me a lot because my HDDs are incompatible with hdparm and activating ANY of the physical disk properties caused them to…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Different Micro sd size.

OMV doesn't expand the rootfs to fill the available space. Only to 7-8GB. So it should work perfectly to restore the rootfs from a 32GB card to a 16GB card or the other way around, if you don't manually resize the rootfs. I do this, and it works…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Try to stay away ACLs. ” Do you mean shared folder ACLs? Can you please explain why? I have found that in life the devil is in the details, and little things like ACL settings can mean the difference between success or failure…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Different Micro sd size.

Just wondering how to do this since if I have 16GB SD and if I want to create a backup on 32 GB with disk32 disk imager I cannot reuse the smaller size since the system expand into the all unused area as soon I will use the bigger SD. is there a…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

I guess I spoke too soon. My disk refused to stay mounted/referenced. I stumbled across this thread that explains that there is something amiss with the odroid-hc2 sata firmware that is incompatible with enabling anything on physical disk properties. I…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Error with static ip on rock64.

Source Code (33 lines)I think I found a possible solution at least I got only one ip only although my router tell me it is still dhcp found it here askubuntu.com/questions/914700…ve-a-secondary-ip-address systemctl stop dhcpcd systemctl disable…
  • ala.frosty -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV Setup Videos.

Like (Post)
    Here are some helpful setup videos of different parts of OMV. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos Suggest other videos to be created.
  • ala.frosty -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Solutions to common problems.

Like (Post)
    Here is a list of problems with potential solutions (these videos may help as well): Problem #1: Web interface has missing fields and/or items showing that have been uninstalled. Solution #1: Clear your browser cache. Problem #2: I mounted the drive…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

You could statically set the DNS address, while leaving the IP address on automatic (DHCP). (I've done that before, but I forget the reason why...) But if you're there, you might as well do it all. I can say this much: I have no idea how much it…
  • Chrisso -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OMV 4 Docker "Dead".

How many times have heard that ” Yeah it was my oversight. Should have paid more attention in the tutorial video where he explained my exact issue. :thumbsup: Running Sonarr rather…