openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi all, I was cleanign out the inside of my case this week as it lives in the garage, I unplugged drives etc and plugged back in but possibly the sata cables did not got on the drives they were on before.

Nothing seems effected except for the SMART status now, 2 show up as green, the other 8 just shows Unknown with no temps or anything. This has not changed for a few days.

Is there a way for me to get that detail back?
  • New

Hello,

I tried to install OMV 4.1.3 and get the error message "No Ethernet card was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed by your E6thernet card, you can select it from the list.". I also tried Debian 9.5 netinstall and the DVD-1 image with the same error.
    My motherboard is Gigaybyte H370M DS3H and the LAN Controller should be Intel I219-V.
    I also copied the drivers downloadcenter.intel.com/de/product/82186 and downloadcenter.intel.com/de/do…e-Driver-for-FreeBSD-?v=t to another USB stick to load the drivers, but this also doesn't work.

Should I install OMV or Debian without the drivers or is there another possibility to install OMV with the ethernet drivers?
  • New

Hi all,
    I'm new in openmediavault, but reading the forum I resolved all problem since now.
    I installed OVM 4 over Debian 9 without GUI because my motherboard doesn't allow Legacy Boot and I set successfully a Raid 5 with Samba Share, Nextcloud and Transmission plugin.
    Now I'm tring to set email notifications. After configuration, I send a test email and It works.
    The problem is with S.M.A.R.T. temperature monitor, because OMV doesn't send the notifications when HDD Temperature reaches the value that I set.

This is what I did:
    - I activated SMART Monitor for all HDD from the "Devices" tab;
    - In General Setting, I enabled the check, with Pover Mode on Never and 1800 sec;
    - I set the temperature intentionally low (40°C for informal) to be sure to get a notifications;
    - I checked in notifications tab that all service are enabled.

OMV doesn't send nothing and 2 HDD are at 42°C for all night.

What's wrong in my configuration?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV system Standby via UI trigger not working

raven66

Help with Easy Backup solution

henfri

Announcement Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

TechnoDadLife

[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

ellnic

noexec argument returns automatically

flvinny521

Recent Activities