openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I do not know where to go with my question, so I put it here.

My setup looks as follows:

I run OMV on a 'home server' and i use Nginx for my website, which is accessible via DynDns from the Internet.

With the Virtualbox plugin i run a Windows 7 VM.

Now to my question:

I would like to start and end programs on the 'Virtual' Windows 7 from my website.

I want to access the website over the Internet and start or stop a game server on the Win7 VM for example.

I've already tried ‘googleing’the problem but was unable to find a suitable solution.

Unfortunately, my HTML and PHP knowledge is very low.(Just like my English) 8|

So I do not know whether such a thing is possible at all.

It would be nice if someone had an idea.

Greetings

Atreja
  • New

Hi,

today I tried an update from Stoneburner to Erasmus with 'omv-release-upgrade'

The update process fails with following error:

Source Code

1. dpkg: cycle found while processing triggers:
    2. chain of packages whose triggers are or may be responsible:
    3. man-db -> install-info
    4. packages' pending triggers which are or may be unresolvable:
    5. fontconfig: /usr/share/fonts
    6. ca-certificates: update-ca-certificates
    7. man-db: /usr/share/man
    8. install-info: /usr/share/info
    9. dpkg: error processing package fontconfig (--remove):
    10. triggers looping, abandoned
    11. Processing triggers for install-info (6.3.0.dfsg.1-1+b2) ...
    12. Processing triggers for ca-certificates
  • New

Helo people,

I have OMV version 3.0.88, and I created a smb share, I can acces this share from my windows pc and my mac mini.
    now I have another Raspberry pi with raspbian and I want to mount the shared folder located on my OMV

and I enter this code:

Source Code

1. pi@raspberrypi:/mnt $ sudo mount -t cifs //pinas.local/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-ST1000LM024_HN-M101MBB_S2ZPJ9AF409434-part1/Shares /mnt/samba -o user=user,pass=pass
    2. Retrying with upper case share name
    3. mount error(6): No such device or address
    4. Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

when I login at OMV and I type mount:
    i see this:

Source Code

1. root@pinas:/dev# mount
    2. /dev/mmcblk0p2 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
    3. devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount?

1activegeek

Raid 5 gone after reboot

Sc0rp

BTRFS from Rockstor

ness1602

Omv: two interfaces as gateway.

rickyx

Error mounting sambashare

geaves

Recent Activities

• 1activegeek -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount?.

Hmmm ... interesting. Not good news in this case since this is my prod machine. =O I was thinking those labels looked funky with all the x2d all over. Interestingly though, the other disks that show the same oddities, are mounting and working fine upon…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread Raid 5 gone after reboot.

Re, Quote from Drake008: “Is there a way to scan for HDD errors whilst creating the Raid? ” More than one i assume ... - smartctl should be running deamonized (ps -ef | grep smart to check) - smartctl -a /dev/sda (alter "a" for b,c,d,e,...) if you have…
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x BTRFS from Rockstor.

I know it is old and beaten,but in most cases it's reliable(no ECC,no easy backups,etc,etc) That's why i recommend it. As for backups,i usually compress data before backing it up the chain.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x BTRFS from Rockstor.

Quote from ness1602: “You have scrub with mdadm,zfs,btrfs so you do that weekly and if something arises,get those backups up. ” Not sufficient unfortunately. The main difference between those three variants is that the anachronistic one from last…
  • rickyx -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Omv: two interfaces as gateway..

Quote from Sc0rp: “i'll not make a complete documentation over network security at all - sry, no time for that ;). ” What a pity! :D Thank you again. I'll try! Have a nice day, Riccardo
  • Drake008 -

First of all, Thank you very much for these hints. I try to recover the data whilst OMV is recovering. After that I will create a new RAID5 with no spare. Is there a way to scan for HDD errors whilst creating the Raid?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Error mounting sambashare.

Quote from raffie77: “Does anyone know I to access my sambashare from my rasbian ” Use file manager>>>Network your shares should be there, if not install cifs-utils, that's all I did when I was trying out raspbian.
  • erlombard -

Liked tekkbebe’s post in the thread Print Server.

Like (Post)
    Pllug it in the usb port on your OMV. Then install the cups plugin and configure. There has to be a driver in cups for it.
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Omv: two interfaces as gateway..

Re, i'll not make a complete documentation over network security at all - sry, no time for that ;). Just take my complains and check what is more important for you: simpliness or security. - Best construct for security is a dedicated Dual-NIC in a…
  • Sc0rp -

Re, Since the log was after reboot, i find only these lines: syslog/messages: Sep 19 10:41:02 NAS kernel: [ 4.553638] md: kicking non-fresh sdc from array! *1) Sep 19 10:41:02 NAS kernel: [ 4.553660] md: unbind<sdc> ... in these logs is no…