openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Rsync not working and I am all out of ideas

flmaxey

How to use gpio with raspi and OMV

Nibb31

Can't login via CLI

robdyk

smb shares not accessible after upgrade to 4.0.11

How can I see Physical HDDs?

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rsync not working and I am all out of ideas.

Well, umm,, there you go! That was a hard one. Glad I could help! :) _____________________________________________________ For automating command line tasks in the GUI: I copy and paste command lines in as shown below. As far as I know, if it can be…
  • Nibb31 -

Replied to the thread How to use gpio with raspi and OMV.

A Raspberry is already underpowered for a NAS, why would you want to use the GPIOs at the same time ? Anyway, GPIOs are accessible just like any Raspberry.
  • wattexi -

Posted the thread How to use gpio with raspi and OMV.

Thread
    Hello congratulations for your work. I use a Raspberry Pi with your distribution is very convenient, and it does not consume much watt. is there a way to switch GPIO with command line? Thank you in advance for your answer.
  • robdyk -

Replied to the thread Can't login via CLI.

Hello macom. thanks for answering, but you're telling me things I allready know. I know there's only CLI, but when I login as root (and I know the password) it returns me to the logon screen. I can't see an error message appearing on the screen. I…
  • tom.smith -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x smb shares not accessible after upgrade to 4.0.11.

Thread
    I just did an omv-release-upgrade. At first it seemed that upgrading to 4.0.11-1 was a smooth thing to do. But I cannot access my shared folders (mounted on my Win10-machine) anymore. I do always get the error that the password is incorrect... My…
  • Numeritos -

Posted the thread How can I see Physical HDDs?.

Thread
    Hello. I have a VMWare xSphere 5.1 HP Proliant Microserver G7 with OMV installed on it. In OMV, I can see the virtual drives that I just put it to the VM, (obviosuly) but I can only transfer at 8Mb/s :( I will ask you if there's any way to see my Physical…
  • Britman -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x USB backup unmount external drive..

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from macom: “but you still have to mount it to be able to setup the USB Plugin jobs. ” That´s not mandatory. The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x occasional EXT4-fs errors on attached (USB) drive.

Quote from jata1: “so data integrity on the RPi is not important for me ” But it's so easy to implement! :) Just by choosing the modern options we have today. Tried to create a 'mini' tutorial right now: New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

And a quick tutorial how to use more than one disk connected to a Raspberry Pi (applies more or less to most other ARM boards too). What you should never do if you want to attach more than one disk to your RPi is to make use of RAID. RAID is no data…
  • z0rk -

Replied to the thread OMV won't boot.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from z0rk: “Lifetime writes: 318 GB ” To quickly elaborate on that: that's what the filesystem knows. All flash media don't allow to directly overwrite data (they implement pages and 'erase blocks') so in reality…