openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Monitor several OMV servers

tkaiser

raid5 disk failure.

• JimT
  • JimT

JimT

RPi2 wont boot

tkaiser

Cannot find device while creating a shared folder

geaves

Shutdown and wake up timer

Florioan_Marina

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Monitor several OMV servers.

Quote from Adoby: “Should OMV 5 have an API for this? ” Well, the 'API' I would use is SNMP. Simply activate it (it has been outsourced as plugin with OMV4) and have a look what's available (massive amount of information). Then I would suggest…
  • JimT -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Quote from geaves: “Quote from ness1602: “When you fail one disk(mdadm based) RAID should be active/degraded. It shouldnt be inactive anytime. ” Yes and no. If you fail a drive using mdadm it's output would be clean/degraded, if you pull a drive…
  • Adoby -

Yes, I have seen it. But I feel it is a slight overkill... And I believe it is considered to be difficult to configure. And I want to run other apps on the control server as well. Also it is not free and open source, even if you can run it for free on 7…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RPi2 wont boot.

Quote from Moelle87: “I already ordered an New one ” Too bad. The Raspberry Pi is the worst choice possible for any NAS implementation. See Enough of Rpi, now what? for details...
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find device while creating a shared folder.

Quote from liv: “and I configured hd-idle to spin down disk automatically when it's not used for 120 seconds... I don't know if this makes a difference. ” Hm!! well you know something I don't :) personally what I would do is to turn that off, reboot, then…
  • liv -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find device while creating a shared folder.

Quote from geaves: “Well it's there and it's mounted according to that output. Have you tried rebooting? You could try omv-firstaid and select clear web control panel cache, that might help, but I've never used it. BTW what's this connected to? an SBC?…
  • ness1602 -

I would recommend nagios,but i don't know how hard that is for you.
  • Florioan_Marina -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Shutdown and wake up timer.

Dear all, I'm not an expert. As I know the Intel processors and AMD as well, both can write some hide bios parameters from Windows OS. Step 1. To can have a working WOL, is neccesary to install first an windows, doesn't meter witch version. Try to…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RPi2 wont boot.

Quote from geaves: “I always wondered what the purpose of the Raspberry was, always assumed it was just a logo ” Well, it is somehow a logo (the original is the tux mascot -- for whatever reasons RPi people chose to replace the Linux logo with their…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread SMALL GUI arrange bug in columns.

No problem. It's simply better to report the issues where it is expected by a developer. You can not assume that the plugin maintainer reads all posts here in the forum.