openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello guys,

I have some issues with my OMV 4.1.11.

Sometimes if I want to check the SMART values my system freezes. But strangely there is no error message.
    At the beginning I had a periodic check activated and the system crashes every day.

I don't have any idea what I can do to fix it.

I tried to find an error-message in syslog, but there is nothing.

My System:

AsRock J3455-ITX with 12GiB RAM (8+4)
    InLine 76612A 4-Port RAID-Controller (SiliconImage SIL3124 Chip)

Kingston A400 120GB SSD as root
    2xHitachi HUA72201 (Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB)
    1xWDC WD1002FBYS-0 (WD Black 1TB)

4xWDC WD40EFRX-68N (WD RED 4TB) in Software RAID 5 @ InLine Controller (I'm not using it as a RAID Controller)

If you need more information, please tell me.
  • New

Hello,

I have some questions about how docker works

I downloaded my images and set my contents as indicated in the videos (Thx for Guides :thumbup: ), but I wanted to know how the container worked.

• Once the container in operation all the actions that it realizes are made in memory or then on the disk where is stored the container ? (the system disk)

• When I make a docker commit to save a new image with all the settings, where can I physically find this one ?
    I looked in the way by default docker but I can not find anything that could look like the image I just made.
    I looked in what seems to me the default path: /var/lib/docker but I can not find my image.
    I also saw that it was possible to change the path by activating the plugin but I know how to enter a path that is not taken into account.

thanking you in advance.
  • New

Hi

Does anyone know if the downloader plugin is able to be used via the command line via ssh?

I am wanting to use youtube-dl to download audiobooks from Youtube but I want to be able to do this from the command line from my phone and not have to log into the web GUI for OMV.

I have used youtube-dl on Ubuntu servers before and can do what I am trying to do but is this possible to on OMV?
    I am able to spin up a VM in OMV and install youtube-dl that way but its way overkill.

Thanks
  • New

I am trying to follow this guide [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update - 08/10/18

on OMV 4.1.11 upgraded from 3.91 and I am stuck at the beginning as soon as I want to use the google DNS

and actually also similar problem in the docker pihole itself when I want to create a network according to the guide

-----
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

Details
    Page

of 1
    Displaying items 1 - 1 of 1
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Server crashes sometimes at the S.M.A.R.T. Page

Questions on Docker

youtube-dl command Line

Shared HDD suddenly goes missing

tkaiser

Pi-hole in doker network problem

geaves

Recent Activities

• Kampfkuchen -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Server crashes sometimes at the S.M.A.R.T. Page.

Thread
    Hello guys, I have some issues with my OMV 4.1.11. Sometimes if I want to check the SMART values my system freezes. But strangely there is no error message. At the beginning I had a periodic check activated and the system crashes every day. I don't…
  • Methy -

Liked RPMan’s post in the thread [HOW-TO] [Docker] Glances (monitoring tool) (all omv versions).

Like (Post)
    Glances is a cross-platform monitoring tool which aims to present amaximum of information in a minimum of space through a curses or Webbased interface. It can adapt dynamically the displayed informationdepending on the user interface size. If you want to…
  • Methy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Questions on Docker.

Thread
    Hello, I have some questions about how docker works I downloaded my images and set my contents as indicated in the videos (Thx for Guides :thumbup: ), but I wanted to know how the container worked. - Once the container in operation all the actions that it…
  • drwhowhogrub -

Posted the thread youtube-dl command Line.

Thread
    Hi Does anyone know if the downloader plugin is able to be used via the command line via ssh? I am wanting to use youtube-dl to download audiobooks from Youtube but I want to be able to do this from the command line from my phone and not have to log…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

Quote from indragm: “I consider upgrading but worried about the power consumption ” There are way better ARM boards available than the RPi (which is just a horrible choice for the NAS use case): Enough of Rpi, now what?
  • indragm -

Quote from flmaxey: “If you're using individual drives in docks: - Try swapping drives into the other drive's dock . - Power on the R-PI with only one drive at a time. - Replace the USB power supply for the R-PI. (A samsung galaxy smart phone supply,…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

Howto apply a static ip address to omv: From the menu select Network On the network menu bar select Interfaces In the Name column select select Edit A configuration box will appear, under IPv4>>>Method from the drop down select static, that's it fill…
  • Muffkins90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OVM NIC Bonding Questions/Troubles.

Well the only thing i could put it down as to why it wasn't working was something to do with OMV cause i switched over to a 2K12 machine and its SMBMC worked straight out of the box. I thought OMVs SMB version would be good enough but doesnt seem that…
  • flmaxey -

If you're using individual drives in docks: - Try swapping drives into the other drive's dock . - Power on the R-PI with only one drive at a time. - Replace the USB power supply for the R-PI. (A samsung galaxy smart phone supply, at +2 Amps, will stand…
  • dhanushkak -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update Latest OMV 4.x update failed on raspberry pi 3b+.

Hi All, I had to re-install everything as the updates I got after this kept appearing as well while some of them actually never get upgraded. Then one day the rpi just stopped booting. I downloaded the latest OMV image and used it to set it all up…