openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I have a Shared Folder called "backup" on device "disk1" which is mounted on /dev/sda1 - all configured using the OMV GUI.

The command df shows the following as expected:

Source Code

1. neil@rock64:/sharedfolders$ df /sharedfolders/backup
    2. Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    3. /dev/sda1 95625896 46183644 49425868 49% /sharedfolders/backup
    If for some reason "disk1" goes offline then it shows as "Missing" in the GUI and df now shows

Source Code

1. neil@rock64:/sharedfolders$ df /sharedfolders/backup
    2. Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    3. /dev/mmcblk0p7 29861840 4010624 24597708 15% /

So now /sharedfolders/backups is mounted on /. However if I look at the share in the GUI it still shows the share…
  • New

Hi gys,
    I have searched the internet quite a time and the only practical solution I found was to restart the webserver. But I am sceptical, renewing the certificate is a simple maintenance task. Normal business. Is restarting really the only possible solution to update the certificate shown in the browser (nginx in my case)?

If no, what would I have to do? Cache refresh at client side does not work....If yes, how could the restart be automated such that after successful renewal with the letsencrypt plugin my nginx is restarted as well?

Thank you for sharing!
  • New

Now that I see OMV3 is at end of life, I'd love to move to OMV4. However I run stuff like Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, Plex, every day and from what I am reading there is no hope of these working under OMV4 and in order to get them working I need to first master Docker and get that running in OMV4 then use it to install all these plugins.

No need for instruction, as I see there are many how-to threads popping up, but is that the only path vs. just trying to move to OMV4 and keep the existing plugins working as they are? My guess is that if I release-upgrade to OMV4 I'm going to break some or all of my plugins.
  • New

Hey guys,

I wondered why there are two cron configs for my openmediavault-letsencrypt plugin. Is letsencrypt using the certbot and therefore dependent on this certbot cron config? Or is this just by accident one of them is redundant?
    I haven't installed the certbot actively.

Shell-Script: openmediavault-letsencrypt

1. @monthly root omv-rpc "LetsEncrypt" "generateCertificate" "{\"command\":\"renew\"}" >/dev/null 2>&1

Shell-Script: certbot

1. 0 */12 * * * root test -x /usr/bin/certbot -a \! -d /run/systemd/system && perl -e 'sleep int(rand(43200))' && certbot -q renew
    Hopefully someone knows!
  • New

Hello board,

I have the follwing setup:
    - a mergerfs pool
    - a sharedfolder Videos in this pool
    - this sharedfolder is used as a NFS share

Then my emby server (in another VM) is relying on this NFS share. And my android Emby app is supposed to access in direct to the movie through the NFS share.

My problem is: the nfs share doesn't work unless I reset the permissions (using the resetperm plugin) to pure POSIX rights.

But somehow, every now or then (no idea of the frenquency yet - couple of hours maybe?), the ACL reappear and break the NFS share again. I have to reset the permissions and it instantly works again.

Is there a way to debug this?

Is there a permanent swith to disable the ACL and prevent them from reappearing once and for good?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: it may happen after one scheduled rsync job (local) is run.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Problems and Questions about Shared Folders

namirda

How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

votdev

openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9 rpc-password issue

Kokos

Raid 5 clean, degraded kann aber keine Dateien davon wegholen

flmaxey

ACL "reappear" periodically on sharedfolder used by NFS

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• namirda -

Replied to the thread Problems and Questions about Shared Folders.

Quote from votdev: “A feature that is not implemented ” Nice one....! Would be a nice feature wouldn't it..???..... Thanks for the reply - mountpoint is just what I need. Is it really necessary to delete and then recreate the share to get the…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread How long is a user banned for multiple posting?.

Maybe it is time to remove the plugin here, too.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Problems and Questions about Shared Folders.

Quote from namirda: “1) Is it a bug that the mount point /sharedfolders/backup is not removed when disk1 becomes unavailable?? ” No. You should get notified from monit via email that the filesytem is missing. Quote from namirda: “2) Is it another…
  • Kokos -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9 rpc-password issue.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “This was caused by the changes in OMV 4.1.7. The update is in the repo now. ” That was fast! Thank you so much!
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid 5 clean, degraded kann aber keine Dateien davon wegholen.

Es wird dir jetzt nicht helfen. Wenn Sie jedoch E-Mail-Informationen in System, Benachrichtigung eingeben und die entsprechende Auswahl auf der Registerkarte "Benachrichtigungen" (Dateisystem, Software-RAID und SMART) treffen, wird das System Sie…
  • namirda -

Posted the thread Problems and Questions about Shared Folders.

Thread
    I have a Shared Folder called "backup" on device "disk1" which is mounted on /dev/sda1 - all configured using the OMV GUI. The command df shows the following as expected: Source Code (3 lines)If for some reason "disk1" goes offline then it shows as…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ACL "reappear" periodically on sharedfolder used by NFS.

With your Rsync job local AND having the flags for preserve permissions and ACL's set - resetting the permissions on the shared folders used by the Rsync job may have fixed the problem. Time will tell. Let us know. (BTW: I'll be out of town until…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 For Downloader & Media Server - Docker the Only Way?.

You could try playing around with dockers now before going to OMV 4. Just pick one to try, uninstall the plugin for it and run it in a docker instead.
  • etique57 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ACL "reappear" periodically on sharedfolder used by NFS.

Thanks, One more thing: the rsync job is actually really local, and the folders are outside of the scope of my NFS shared folder). I actually now can confirm: - reset permissions ==> verified my use-case is working ok, I can access my NFS share - then…
  • bbddpp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 For Downloader & Media Server - Docker the Only Way?.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Been reading up on docker. Think it's time I backup as many plugin settings as I can (like sonarr's), backup OMV, and do a full clean installation of OMV4 instead of an upgrade. I just run a bunch of separate…