openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages)

dhanushkak

Tapatalk users (and all!), we NEED your help!!

chuckado

Help with Easy Backup solution

flmaxey

Pinned Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

Antinomy

[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

NASNoob1

Recent Activities

• dhanushkak -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

After a few tries of uninstalling and installing. It worked. Thanks.
  • chuckado -

Replied to the thread Tapatalk users (and all!), we NEED your help!!.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “This is a pretty good article that they pretty much replicate rsnapshot with scripts and rsync. Maybe a whole new plugin using some of these ideas with a restore and remote capabilities since I think this can do a push to remote…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from flmaxey: “It would be great to be able to pick a source drive and a destination drive, a schedule, and it's done. Simple. Restore could be a button, with a "are you sure" caution popup, that restores to a new…
  • Antinomy -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

tkaiser, could you give an input about a wireless energy efficient storage platform to choose? Like in your post with around 1W (or better) consumption. I've been playing with a ZSUN Wifi card reader running OpenWRT and it's performance is less than…
  • ryecoaaron -

This is a pretty good article that they pretty much replicate rsnapshot with scripts and rsync. Maybe a whole new plugin using some of these ideas with a restore and remote capabilities since I think this can do a push to remote that rsnapshot can't do.
  • NASNoob1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Quote: “Of course, and ZFS helps mitigate the risk of those backups being junk. ” Read this: jodybruchon.com/2017/03/07/zfs…about-bit-rot-and-raid-5/ Quote: “If you are happy that your data is safe, (...) ” Exactly. Everyone uses what he wants to…
  • ellnic -

Quote from NASNoob1: “This one I don't understand. Why should this happen with Ext4? ” What you need here is to understand bit rot. Quote from NASNoob1: “I said to this other person outside of this forum too, that ZFS is not some kind of magic…
  • NASNoob1 -

Source Code (1 line)This one I don't understand. Why should this happen with Ext4? I said to this other person outside of this forum too, that ZFS is not some kind of magic which is capable of everything. And even if photos are gone: every person should…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Plex on Stoneburner.

Quote from aeronaut: “But: It seems there is no update for my plex server plugin anymore ” There is an update for your OMV install...