openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

OMV is successfully installed along with the virtualbox plug in. After creating a new Windows 7 VM, I get no mouse or keyboard access. I can see the windows 7 installation starting up in the preview window but I do not get a response when I click the "9000" vnc link nor do I have any mouse or keyboard access. I cannot continue the install.

Thanks.
  • New

I've been trying to set-up Nextcloud via Docker on my RPi for a few days now. I've been following the installation guide from @TechnoDadLife - Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, Openmediavault. I had to change a few things with the Docker installation so it would work for my RPi. For example, I had to use lsioarmhf/mariadb and lsioarmhf/nextcloud instead of linux/mariadb, linux/nextcloud. And I still have to figure out how to work with sharedfolders on my Luks encrypted drive. But other than that it seemed to work. At least, that's what I thought...

Nextcloud seems to be running fine, but when I try to create an Admin account I get a 504 Gateway Time-out Error. When I retry this I get all different kinds of errors, like the one below.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Z9WjP1C.png]

I've repeated the steps several times and at one point it was actually working, but I messed it up again after a reboot, because of my Luks encryption. I've tried it again a few more times, but I…
  • New

Hi,
    after a reboot of my OMV-Box, I get an error in the UrBackup interface that the backup folder is not reachable. I did not find a problem with permissions. The only way to resolve this is deleting the share for my main UrBackup-folder and put it up new.Why is that?
    Any idea how I could solve this?

I get a Samba-panic alert as well after reboot - is this connected? But the Urbackup share is not setup as samba-share. So I do not thing this is the same problem.

Any hint would be nice.
    Thanks.
    Best.
    Fabian
  • New

I am so sorry to raise this issue but despite my having read all related threads on this forum (and all I can about LInux permissions generally), I really just do not understand how permissions and ACL work together.

Perhaps someone can help explain with a practical example, to help me understand:

I have a single hard drive in my server and I create a single folder on it called "Recordings".

I then want to install TVHeadend on my system. I need this application to have access to the "Recordings" folder to actually create the .ts file in it.

What type of permission would I give to the "Recordings" folder, from the dropdown box?

Would I have to change make any additional changes under ACL?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV wont show up / es zeigt sich nicht

macom

Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process

flmaxey

Virtualbox no mouse or keyboard

Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles.

elsmandino

Migrating from non-docker to dockerized Nextcloud?

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV wont show up / es zeigt sich nicht.

Have you tried this first to see if that is your issue? "As he later wrote the one time solution to continue the system booting was to press ESC at the grub booting screen and e to edit the wrong sdb1 entry into sda1. Then the boot continues as it…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “Does the USB 3.0 stick, when mounted in a rear panel 3.0 slot, still access RAM for the purpose of being able to put OMV4 into a Wake On LAN scenario? ” OMV will boot from a rear panel USB socket (were it won't be broken off). …
  • dcovach -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox no mouse or keyboard.

Thread
    OMV is successfully installed along with the virtualbox plug in. After creating a new Windows 7 VM, I get no mouse or keyboard access. I can see the windows 7 installation starting up in the preview window but I do not get a response when I click the…
  • elsmandino -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Thanks rycoaaron - it is very encouraging that if even you don't ever use ACLs, then I should certainly be staying away from them. With that out of the equation, understanding permissions will hopefully be a bit clearer. Quote from ryecoaaron:…
  • elsmandino -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Like (Post)
    Quote from elsmandino: “I really just do not understand how permissions and ACL work together. ” That is because ACLs are terrible. Quote from elsmandino: “What type of permission would I give to the "Recordings" folder, from the dropdown…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I have no experience with sleeping OMV 4 since I don't use it and most of my OMV installs are VMs. But I have read many posts where systems don't sleep correctly or wake up. I would guess it is due to the bios incompatiblity…
  • penguinsam -

Posted the thread Migrating from non-docker to dockerized Nextcloud?.

Thread
    I am recently planning to upgrade OMV 3 to 4 and would like to dockerize most of my use cases. Currently I am using MySQL and Nginx plugins for the nextcloud installation, may I know how could I back it up and migrate to the docker version of Nextcloud?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x UrBackup - need to set shared folder new after reboot?!?.

Are you using the urbackup plugin or docker? Is the share you are using a local filesystem? If so, what kind and is it a usb drive?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Kai: “are you implying that OMV4 simply does not sleep well or function with WOL well or were you providing that sentence to the USB OMV4 OS scenario solely? ” I have no experience with sleeping OMV 4 since I don't use it and most of my…
  • Kai -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you need usb, you could use a usb-to-sata adapter. It would probably be cheaper than finding a usb stick that could handle the writes. Or you could just not sleep your NAS since it seems to cause more problems than a lot of…