openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

iptables error while creating new rules (or changing existing ones) -> Failed to execute command

can't install plugins or updates on OMV 413-1 - no disk monitor available

hyperg

Where to install Docker & OS (omv) backup ?

geaves

Probem with rsync between OMV and QNAP and vice versa

geaves

New to OMV...

Adoby

Recent Activities

• hyperg -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x can't install plugins or updates on OMV 413-1 - no disk monitor available.

You're right... When set to DHCP OMV plug ins and updates are downloaded and installed...
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Where to install Docker & OS (omv) backup ?.

Quote from arik: “Is it correct to install Docker and its content under the OS USB flash drive ? It seems to me that is slowing down everythings. i'd like to minimaze the access to the USB key. ” You install Docker on your USB but you can point your…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Probem with rsync between OMV and QNAP and vice versa.

My understanding of this is that you have to use the remote mount plugin, so you would mount the qnap share on omv using that plugin. I tested this option on my local network using a Pi, but I have no idea how you would set this up using a vpn.
  • arik -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Where to install Docker & OS (omv) backup ?.

Thread
    Hello, I ma new to this forum and to OMV. I have a fresh OMV 4.x installed in a 64Gb USB flash Drive ( flashRAM plugin activated ), 8Gb RAM, 2x2TB WD Red. My target is: HD1 (2Tb)alpha HD2 (2Tb)beta ( mirror of HD1 by rsynch scheduled job ) Run…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread New to OMV....

Quote from razvanrudy: “Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? Are they separate servers or some how they form a single server? What about transcoding ( I know this is one of the most power hungry operation) they can…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

If /proc/mdstat still shows the array in auto-read-only mode, now would be the time to execute the mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 command. After that post, the output of cat /proc/mdstat again.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x omv-extras - ca-certificates error.

If you search the forum, you will see this come up from time to time. I still don't know what causes it (it isn't omv-extras) or how to fix it. Maybe one of the suggestions in those other threads will work on your system but they haven't worked on the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x ZFS and iSCSI.

Did you disable backports? This can be done in omv-extras.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Quote from Warlock00: “I thought ssh was the best choice. ” Not really unless you enjoy command line typing, you can use FTP even on your smartphone :) you will need to enable FTP and under SSH permit root login on OMV. On your FTP software you should to…
  • Warlock00 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

I have a nas with 5 disks, one with the OS and the others with shared folders and I would like to move files between the folders without having to access a pc. I thought ssh was the best choice. sorry if I can not explain myself but I'm really newbie