openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I'm getting the following error in the logs
    Access to the path '/etc/resolv.conf' is denied.

The file exists in the container, running cat /resolv.conf on the container returns (note i've tried 8.8.8.8 as well with no luck):
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
    nameserver 192.168.1.1

Hoping one of you linux gurus can help... as i've tried pretty much anything i could find on google and i'm affraid i may be breaking things more... luckily with the containers i can always start from begining :)

EDIT:
    as soon as i said 'linux gurus' to myself i knew chmod would be the answer
    chmod 644 resolv.conf command on the container fixed it. survived reboot.

Not sure why it would need it though... maybe my host computer resolv.conf permissions are incorrect...
  • New

Hi

Recently had my SD card fail and subsequently lost OMV3 install. :(

No backup unfortunately but i will learn and create a backup image once its up and running again.

I can't seem to find my original SD image for OMV3 for Raspberry Pi and desperately hoping someone has an old OMV3 image they can send me (dropbox etc.)

Not looking to upgrade to OMV4 yet, some key add-ons are not available (sickrage. etc)

• New

Hallo,
    Seit heute nutzt ich OMV auf meinen HomeServer ich habe die Festplatte aus meinen PC in den Home Server gebaut jetzt versuche ich die ganze Zeit den Ordner freizugeben doch dann kommt das immer.

Failed to create the directory '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hauptfestpllatte/Zeus-HDD-1':
    Kann mir da wer sagen wie ich die richtige einbinde das das Createt wird ?

mfg
    jaypiee

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

NextCloud's Preview generator - can't get it to work

hxch

How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

Banned by tapatalk

Docker - emby container - Access to the path '/etc/resolv.conf' is denied.

Adding a Wi-Fi interface

Rimsonatoaster

docker install error

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities