openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Help with omv-engined error

omv-engined terminate (SIGCHLD received ...)

kmal808

Help with Easy Backup solution

ryecoaaron

Hide subfolder in share from specific user

[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

ellnic

Recent Activities

• kmal808 -

Replied to the thread omv-engined terminate (SIGCHLD received ...).

Hello, I have/had the same problem after a fresh install. Not being able to login to the web ui, and then after running omv-engined -f -d I have the contiual executing rpc sigchild blah blah error, it's starting to fill up my boot drive. The command you…
  • Antinomy -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread New OMV Server Hardware Advice needed.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Dr.Proton: “Any suggestions in that direction? ” ODROID-HC2 with a new 4 TB HDD Assembling something more expensive wasting way more energy for no reason and being slower is an option too of course :) I bet 99.9% of all x86 based OMV…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from henfri: “askubuntu.com/questions/35180/…he-server-from-the-client ” What is this link for? It says what I have been saying. You can't do a remote push. You *can* push with rsync and then do an rsnapshot. Some people don't like that…
  • NASNoob1 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Hide subfolder in share from specific user.

Thread
    Is it possible in general to hide subfolders of my share from specific users? In SMB > main tab > advanced settings I tried "hide unreadable = yes" But whatever permission I set up for my test user in Shared folders > "my share" > ACL this user still…
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

@alex.ba I haven’t been able to reproduce this. What hardware are you running? Have you tried reading from the pool after unplugging? This will surely happen sooner rather than later and trigger the degraded state. Can you also check from the command…
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread Tapatalk users (and all!), we NEED your help!!.

You aren’t alone. I still hope this will change in the future, but at the moment I can’t say it will happen.
  • Daxx -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant delete shared Folder.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Zuescho: “Holy Smokes i was searching for this 2 weeks... ” The resetperms plugin adds a tab to the Shared Folders section that shows every place a shared folder is used.
  • Daxx -

Liked Zuescho’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant delete shared Folder.

Like (Post)
    HOLY F I found it. It was still listed in CLAMAV as a folder that should be scanned. Holy Smokes i was searching for this 2 weeks... This can be closed :D
  • richprim -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Networki setup.

You are talking about keeping the "Search domain names field empty? Rich
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.