Proposed NAS setup

Jeffrey Pascoe

The Class E Network

geaves

Docker Plugin

geaves

Recent Activities

• madmax80 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Running OMV from an USB Key ?.

Like (Post)
    When you install OMV to a USB stick you write an image of OMV to the stick. This is OMV. By writing the image to the stick you installed it on the stick. However it is not yet fully installed. When you boot from the USB stick the first time OMV will be…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Running OMV from an USB Key ?.

When you install OMV to a USB stick you write an image of OMV to the stick. This is OMV. By writing the image to the stick you installed it on the stick. However it is not yet fully installed. When you boot from the USB stick the first time OMV will be…
  • madmax80 -

Quote from Adoby: “You need to write the OMV install image to the USB stick and instruct the PC to boot from USB. To avoid problems you may also want to disconnect all other drives before attempting to install OMV. When OMV is installed you can…
  • madmax80 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Running OMV from an USB Key ?.

Like (Post)
    You need to write the OMV install image to the USB stick and instruct the PC to boot from USB. To avoid problems you may also want to disconnect all other drives before attempting to install OMV. When OMV is installed you can reconnect the drives and…
  • Adoby -

You need to write the OMV install image to the USB stick and instruct the PC to boot from USB. To avoid problems you may also want to disconnect all other drives before attempting to install OMV. When OMV is installed you can reconnect the drives and…
  • madmax80 -

Hello, I am interested in buying a piece of hardware (Odroid H2) and install openmediavault (OMV) but before doing that I would like to try it on a PC or something similar. I do have a Gigabyte mini PC where I would like to run the OMV from USB stick or…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Resolved Plex Media Server - error on reinstall.

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

Thanks everyone for the help. I plan to install OMV as soon as I can. Cheers
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “Your hob sounds like it could be a PITA. Man, retrofitting something like that into an existing space ” Are you communicating with the wife :D funny she said the same, the idea of taking out a double oven installing a single then…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Docker Plugin.

There does appear to be a problem; Source Code (7 lines)Whilst you search for the specified error there is either no specific 'do this' as a 'one size fits all' or there is a recommendation to edit x conf file which in omv usually tells you not to do…