openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

HI, new to openmediavault.

I am trying to get the Remote Mount plugin working on a VM test system but it keeps throwing an Invalid RPC Response error. When I click show details it has the following

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    3. Stack trace:
    4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)
    5. #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    6. #2 {main}
    If I click on File Systems under Storage I get the same error. Only way to get rid of it is to Delete the Remount Mount entry and reboot the server.

Any help on getting this working would be great…
  • New

Hi all,

Potential new user, looking to setup new NAS build for home. I've had an ubuntu server for a long time (and a couple ubuntu server VMs), but recently I was using my windows box as both a desktop & server. It had 4 drives in it, and I used a couple mirrored for important things (ie family photos), and left the other two for general media file use.
    Looking at what options I had for new build, as from what I've read, it doesn't sound like I could split the two 6TB drives into 2x3TB partitions, and mirror one from each disk? Any way to do something similar in OMV?
    I will consider just re-purposing the current old 4 drives into a backup NAS, but they're fairly old now (>50,000 hours).
    What are my options please?
    Thanks.
  • New

Hey everyone, I'm having issues mounting a drive formated as ntfs.

When I attempt to mount it from the file systems tab I get the following error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sdd1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: can't find mount source /dev/sdd1 in /etc/fstab

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sdd1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: can't find mount source /dev/sdd1 in /etc/fstab' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(715): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(874): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array,…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 2 nach OMV3

Ch3fk0ch

RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared

Sc0rp

NextCloud Installation Q & A

Lucas.kr

Cron.daily - Problems ?

subzero79

Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• Ch3fk0ch -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x OMV 2 nach OMV3.

• Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared.

Re, thx for the fast answer, it's the same as in Guide to install on Deb 8.x Jessie? way ... and i hoped there is a (beta-) install-iso anyway (for testing purposes). May be @votdev can start an "OMV 4 *beta*" thread ... then we can move these OT-stuff…
  • Sc0rp -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Sc0rp: “Ohm ... where do i get v4.0.x (we talk about OMV?). ” AFAIK currently only by adding it manually to a Stretch installation. Differences to OMV 3 installation procedure are fortunately minimal (replace 'erasmus' with 'arrakis' when…
  • Lucas.kr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Hi thanks for your post, i tried this already several times yesterday, but i get also this error... Source Code (2 lines) if i use the lsblk command: sda 8:0 0 2.7T 0 disk `-sda1 8:1 0 2.7T 0 part /srv/dev-disk-by-label-slot1 yes my…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Sc0rp: “Ohm ... where do i get v4.0.x (we talk about OMV?). ” AFAIK currently only by adding it manually to a Stretch installation. Differences to OMV 3 installation procedure are fortunately minimal (replace 'erasmus' with 'arrakis' when…
  • Sc0rp -

Re, Quote from calvin940: “Then I will format everything and install 4.0.1 and build a full 6 x 8TB raid 6 from scratch. ” Ohm ... where do i get v4.0.x (we talk about OMV?). I can put "omv 4.0.5 arrakis" on my Test-NAS ... but i didn't found it to…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread Cron.daily - Problems ?.

Don't think should be an issue submitting this PR, maybe in the postinst script could do it.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl.

Quote from markeagles4: “/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.a ” This file listed as modified doesn't look right. Can you please post output from Source Code (2 lines)The 2nd call will name the package libpython2.7.a is part of,…
  • MadMungo -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Remote Mount Invalid RPC Response.

Thread
    HI, new to openmediavault. I am trying to get the Remote Mount plugin working on a VM test system but it keeps throwing an Invalid RPC Response error. When I click show details it has the following Source Code (6 lines)If I click on File Systems under…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other.

Re, Quote from darkarn: “I can try playing with the KRT once the rebuild of my NASes and computer is done, but I am not sure if this will affect OMV since usually it is not advised to do anything outside the GUI. ” No, not unless you're knowing what…