Topic Replies Last Reply

No space left mergeFS

flmaxey

Partitaion starts at an offset of 3584 bytes

Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi

tkaiser

How to save grub configuration.

ryecoaaron

I cant share a port via Iptabless (Firewall)

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No space left mergeFS.

Well, I'm going to go out on the limb and say something is going on with /dev/sdd. :) Bad blocks - if we're talking about 1 or 2, maybe it's fixable for "awhile". Drives only last for so long. It may be time for a replacement.
  • DaveSk -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Partitaion starts at an offset of 3584 bytes.

Thread
    HI folks, I'm completely new to OMV and debian Just trying to install to an external USB hard drive and when I select the disk, I get the error: The partition /dev/sda1 assigned to / starts at an offset of 3584 bytes from the minimum alignment of the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi.

Quote from badda: “So I guess, I'm not all wrong doing the backup my way ” Well, if I understood the restore procedure from @ryecoaaron correctly then the plugin creates an dd image only of the rootfs partition. If so this wouldn't be enough for the RPi…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to save grub configuration..

Quote from Spyrious: “sudo shellinaboxd -v -t -p 4200 --no-beep --linkify=none It is running. ” As it should, it is a daemon that isn't running in daemon mode. If it works that way, it should work when the service starts it. If it doesn't work, I…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread I cant share a port via Iptabless (Firewall).

Quote from vbalazs: “How should I add port to the firewall rules? Please someone. ” You don't need to add anything to firewall rules. If you have anything, delete them. If port forwarding isn't working, then your router setup is wrong. What does…
  • bowe -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No space left mergeFS.

@flmaxey Thank you! But my nas would not start at all. Had it connected to a monitor and this happend imgur.com/aFZjRkq Running badblocks on that drive now, not sure if it will help or if I just should wipe it with dd zero. I don't have any important…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how do u ping a hdd so it can be removed and i know which one to unplug.

I thought it would be cool to use ledctl from the ledmon package but it doesn't work for me. Must not work with my HBA? serverfault.com/questions/6423…e-failed-hard-drive/64310 As it is, when I install a drive, I label it according to the slot it's…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how do u ping a hdd so it can be removed and i know which one to unplug.

If the controller is integrated into the Mobo, I'd look for downloads on the Gigbyte site. Otherwise, if it's a card controller, I'd check to the maker of the controller for management software. I had an Adaptec controller that would "blink the light"…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to save grub configuration..

I'm sorry I'm at a loss, that's not creating the config file necessary, the last time I encountered something like this was during my first set up, so I just started again.
  • aniel -

yes i mean blink the drive light, as for the management software where do i find that since i do have and using the sas controller. my mob is: b2b.gigabyte.com/Server-Motherboard/GA-7TESM-rev-10#sp