openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

After lurking on both this forum, and Armbian forum, I'm buying parts to make my first OpenMediaVault NAS, using an ARM SBC (I've settled on the NanoPi Neo 2, with NAS kit, and aluminum case).

I'm trying to shop for a couple of SATA 3.5" HD enclosures, which are UASP-compatible (NanoPi Neo 2 has USB 2.0 support, with UASP). As I try to find which chipsets in the enclosures are best supported, it's easy to find Jmicron JMS578. But I feel leery about flashing the firmware myself. I would prefer to not have to flash any firmware. (Note: I couldn't find the instructions to do so when I searched the Armbian forum).

I've heard some mention of Jmicron JMS567 and Jmicron JMS580. It seems the Jmicron JMS567 can only support up to 4TB, and I want to use a 6TB SATA drive. :(

OK, how about the Jmicron JMS580 then? That sounds the most promising to me at present. Does anyone know of an enclosure for sale anywhere which includes it? Hook a brother up! :D
  • New

Hello,
    So previously I installed and ran FreeNas from one 32G SandDisk Cruiser USB. (I.E Burned the installs files a USB, Plugged that USB into the box installed the FreeNas from that USB onto the same USB)

I tried to do the same process for OMV. When I got the partitioning part of the install I got a red box and saying something about no ext4 partition to install onto.
    After that failing. I tried to reinstall again encase I done something wrong. When I booted of the USB I just got a blinking cursor which makes me wonder that I can't install onto the same USB.

Do I need a second USB to install OMV to? The box I have only has 4 slots for HDD which I want and need to use for my 4 x 2T drives. I don't have room for another disk.

I tried to do some reading on how to do this but didn't' get very far. I only got more concerns. I read on OMV sites that it is not recommended to install OMV on a USB. Which I find odd as its just the OS the writes will be happening on the disks not the OS.

• New

Being probably too presumptuous I am trying to follow the guide
    Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, on Openmediavault
    from Techno Dad Life but I got stuck at the editor GNU nano2.7.4 witch give me a page with menu but completely blank after I typed

cd /sharedfolders/AppData/Nextclouddb
    nano custom.cnf

subsequently in my nextclouddb folder I am getting a file custom.cnf.save instead of custom.cnf
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong
  • New

Hello,
    I don't know if this is the correct section, but I couldn't find anything more specific in the forum. There is a mistake in the OMV documentation pages, more specifically in this one: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…general/certificates.html

In the last section, about Let's Encrypt certificates, the string

/etc/letsencrypt/live/<mydomain.com>/cert,privkey.pem

should be

/etc/letsencrypt/live/<mydomain.com>/fullchain,privkey.pem

The file fullchain.pem is a combination of cert.pem and chain.pem, and it is what is installed in the system by the omv-letsencrypt plugin when a new certificate is created. In a previous certificate update iteration, I only copied the cert.pem file and I had issues with the certificate on the webserver (it was kind of recognised as self-signed instead of as a let's encrypt one). Today I took the time to reset everything and create a new, proper certificate, and only now I've noticed that the file to be copied is fullchain.pem and not cert.pem.…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

crash omv-mkconf and omv-update

votdev

3.5" HD UASP enclosures: currently available, hassle-free chipsets?

Can not perform any actions on shared folders

palvardeich

Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_us​ers ?

tkaiser

General discussion moved from another thread!!

geaves

Recent Activities