openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi !

Apparently I'm not the first person to have problems with this dock worker. Yet I strictly followed the @TechnoDadLife video tutorial but it just doesn't work. In the docker's status, it reboots continuously and I can't even display the web control page. I don't really understand what I did wrong. Here are some screenshots of my configuration, I hope you will be able to help me.

edit1 : I have change OPENVPN_CONFIG with the good server name but stil no working :/
  • New

HI everyone!
    I just got this message from my NAS:

Source Code

1. SMART error (FailedOpenDevice) detected on host: delibird on the Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:18:52 +0100 (CET)
    2. This message was generated by the smartd daemon running on:
    3. host name: delibird DNS domain: local
    4. The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:
    5. Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST6000VN0041-2EL11C_ZA18QXJY [SAT], unable to open device
    6. Device info:ST6000VN0041-2EL11C, S/N:ZA18QXJY, WWN:5-000c50-0a43fe8bf, FW:SC61, 6.00 TB
    7. For details see host's SYSLOG.
    Display All
  • New

I’m looking for a reasonable priced PCI-E USB 3.0 card that has a 19-pin header so I can also hook up my USB 3.0 ports that are on the front of my NAS case. I found a bunch on Newegg that are between $16 - $30 but don’t know which ones OMV would support or have drivers for.

Anyone know of any supported cards as I wouldn’t want to buy one to find out it doesn’t work with OMV.

Thanks.
  • New

Hello,

I crashed my previous 4.x installation after removing automaticaly "unused" component.

I just get the latest one V4.1.7 and I always have the same trouble when I run apt-get update.
    I only configure some users and shares

Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    I have also this error

The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease' is not signed.

What are these errors ?

How to solve them ?

Thank you.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Setting up Rsync

Agricola

Transmission-OpenVPN & Mullvad. Needs Helps !

Proposed NAS setup

Jeffrey Pascoe

Pinned Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

FabrizioMaurizio

OMV doesn't go in standby from web GUI, but pm-suspend works from command line

makovz

Recent Activities

• Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

I had my Rsync set to backup in the wee hours of Monday. Today was my first go. My Cron Daemon notifications woke me early this morning with all kinds of bad news. One message started like this: mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for…
  • botteur -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Transmission-OpenVPN & Mullvad. Needs Helps !.

Thread
    Hi ! Apparently I'm not the first person to have problems with this dock worker. Yet I strictly followed the @TechnoDadLife video tutorial but it just doesn't work. In the docker's status, it reboots continuously and I can't even display the web control…
  • Jeffrey Pascoe -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

Thanks for the reply. It has given me something to think about. I might just build another server an i3 chip. I might also look at a drobo or something similar Cheers
  • FabrizioMaurizio -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from macom: “If you want to avoid CLI you can as well setup a job using rsync from the WebGUI of OMV. ” So should both drives be attached to the rock64 or should the NTFS one be on a different windows machine?
  • makovz -

Replied to the thread OMV doesn't go in standby from web GUI, but pm-suspend works from command line.

the equivalent power-management commands (pm-suspend and pm-suspend-hybrid) seem working fine
  • satanas17 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins.

Quote from macom: “You probably have a DNS problem. ” hi and thanks for answering...Here is my configuration Edit : attempting update of plugins list and here is the message i've got after changed DNS for Google's : (sorry, not enough place on…
  • bad_boo -

Replied to the thread Speed Transfer, Very slow.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from bad_boo: “1. I guess it has to be my equipment. Btw I have a pretty long cat5 wired to my PC, so I am not sure if this is a factor. I ordered a cat6 though. 2. on my PC, I only get the orange color on the NIC... no…
  • I've moved the installation on an SSD. Now OMV goes in standby from the web interface, but strangely, after a couple of minutes, even though the power led continues blinking, it doesn't resume anymore even pushing the power button!! Differently, it…
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread Asrock J4105 + SSD + 2*8TB HDD.

Have nearly the same setup as yours (just a 4205 and 2 WD Reds 8 TB). For me it works with APM1 and 30 mins without any problems. Right now as I write this I'm trying APM 127 and 20 mins.
  • Markess -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card.

I've used this one without issue. Mediasonic USB 3.0 PCI Express Card HP1-SU3 Sorry, disregard. This card has no internal USB cable header. Apologies