openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I installed OMV on an USB stick with no array disks attached to the mainboard. The stick was labeled /dev/sdb.

/dev/sda was the installation USB.

When I pull out the installation USB my OMV stick gets device number /dev/sda. This results in an error upon boot (but after grub loaded). I am redirected to the initramfs promt. The error is "ALERT! /dev/sdb1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!"

This problem also persists when I plug my array disks in which will result in the stick getting a whole other device name then.

Why is it important which partition the root file system is on?

I have to add that this is just a setup to test if my original OMV on SSD with SATA connection has an error (probably). So, normaly I would install on SATA port. I am not sure if the SATA port gets the same label every time, also.

Blkid gives me all devices, 7 array disks, 2 usb sticks and the RAID. Is there any option to start from initramfs-prompt into the right root system now that I know which one to…
  • New

Buenas tardes, intento instalar un agujero por ventana y me sale el siguiente error:

Consulte 'Ejecutar ventana acoplable - ayuda'. en /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Rastreo de la pila: # 0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(607): OMV \ System \ Process-> execute () # 1 [función interna]: OMVRpcServiceDocker-> runContainer (Array, Array) # 2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array (Array, Array) # 3 / usr / share / php /openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV \ Rpc \ ServiceAbstract-> callMethod ('runContainer', Array, Array) # 4 / usr / sbin / omv-engined (536): OMV \ Rpc \ Rpc :: llamar al ('estibador', 'runContainer', array, array, 1) # 5 {main}
    En
    Como puedo solucionarlo? En

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Error msg while installing docker plugin

KM0201

OMV4 plex error playback

flvinny521

Fallo en la instalacion de pihole

raulfg3

What to do if hardware fail?

geaves

Why is my RAID array not active?

bvrulez

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Marfio: “HP ML350 gen6 server ” You have to disable the raid option within the bios on those servers, it's set to use the Embedded Smart Array by default, once you have done that the disks can be set up independently or as a software raid.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Quote from PC_Pal68: “Quote from KM0201: “log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 plex error playback.

Is Plex installed with the plugin or in Docker? If Docker, is it installed on your system drive?
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Fallo en la instalacion de pihole.

el manual es el mismo que he seguido yo, por lo que mientras no vea lo que has puesto en el docker por si alguna orden o configuracion esta mal, no podre ayudarte. Por cierto postea el link de la imagen que has instalado. eg; yo uso ahora pihole/pihole
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from Marfio: “Mmmm.... probably the best thing is to find a PCI express sata controller (not a RAID)... and connect the disk to there.... ” Looks like it, is the controller fitted to the drive cage then connected to the board? Edit: Found the…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Quote from KM0201: “log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the…
  • geaves -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Like (Post)
    Stopping the array will make it disappear (from /dev/md127). Then it is not possible to add a disk any more. I used mdadm --assemble --scan (after stopping it) and then added the disk. The GUI did not know about my (inactive) array. So I could not…
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Stopping the array will make it disappear (from /dev/md127). Then it is not possible to add a disk any more. I used mdadm --assemble --scan (after stopping it) and then added the disk. The GUI did not know about my (inactive) array. So I could not…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Like (Post)
    log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the problem.
  • Marfio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Mmmm.... probably the best thing is to find a PCI express sata controller (not a RAID)... and connect the disk to there....