openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello, brand new user here. I'm trying to install from USB onto an SSD. Everything seems to work, but the process hangs at "complete the installation" and says it will reboot into the new OS. I remove the thumb drive, hit Enter, and the system churns away for a few seconds then brings me back to the same screen, "complete the installation." This just repeats.

If I do a hardware reset, I get a message that's there no bootable media,so clearly the installation has not completed.

What's going on? Am I completely missing something?

My CPU is an AMD Athlon X4 860K. and the proposed system drive is a 32Gb SSD.

Thanks to anyone who's willing to assist the noob.
  • New

Hi.
    Today I am running OMV on a RPi 3b+, with two external USB3 cases (external supply). I like the idea, but petformance is crappy.

I need a board with Gbe and USB3 (att least two ports). I am thinking of Nanopi M4 or the lately released Orange pi 3 (which is cheaper). Any suggestions of these two, or other to recommend? Can however not find OMV image for the Orange pi 3, maybe it will be released or works with an other image?

Please hit me with your suggestions!
  • New

Hello,

today I tried to do an backup of my system ssd with fsarchiver. I used my storage as destination and used ssh for the command.

After about 500MB of data copied, the backup stoppped with this message:

archwriter.c#212,archwriter_write_buffer(): Can't write to the archive file. Space on device is 1.27 TB. If the archive is being written to a FAT filesystem, you may have reached the maximum filesize that it can handle (in general 2 GB)

After that my storage wasn't writable until reboot. I tried it a second time and the same happened. The disk has plenty of space and I wrote 20 GB of data on it without a problem.

Could this problem be related to Openmediavault like being a problem of another program than OMV writing on the disk?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process

flmaxey

OMV 4.x.x installtion hanging

beatledog

Problem with omvextra repositories

slb20

Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles.

ryecoaaron

Orange pi 3 or Nanopi M4?

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “But waking up a system with WOL requires the system to be sleeping first ” WOL support doesn't require the OS to be in a sleep mode. It requires BIOS and motherboard support. The vast majority of current systems that support…
  • beatledog -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4.x.x installtion hanging.

Additional info. Forcing a UEFI boot from the SSD gives me a string of "no arrays" messages and fails to find some files it needs; Finally, the system drops to a shell. At this point I can do nothing since my keyboard is not being recognized.
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

• beatledog -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4.x.x installtion hanging.

Thread
    Hello, brand new user here. I'm trying to install from USB onto an SSD. Everything seems to work, but the process hangs at "complete the installation" and says it will reboot into the new OS. I remove the thumb drive, hit Enter, and the system churns…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Quote from elsmandino: “What is the significance of this? ” Nothing really since that is your user. If the user TVHeadend runs as is named hts, it is probably a system user which means it won't show up in the web interface. What is output of: groups
  • beatledog -

Wrote a comment on beatledog’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Just trying to install OMV 4.x.x for the first time...
  • Jurstud -

Posted the thread Orange pi 3 or Nanopi M4?.

Thread
    Hi. Today I am running OMV on a RPi 3b+, with two external USB3 cases (external supply). I like the idea, but petformance is crappy. I need a board with Gbe and USB3 (att least two ports). I am thinking of Nanopi M4 or the lately released Orange pi 3…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

When it comes to IPhones - you're the Mac man. :) I can't help you there. Quote from Agricola: “I read somewhere that the DNS should be set in the LAN section of the router and NOT the WAN section. I don't seem to be able to find a place under the LAN…
  • Peach1200 -

Replied to the thread Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Peach1200: “What should I trust in this case? ” You would be adding a trust relationship of your omv server on webroot, or it could be something to do with file types, what I think it's doing is scanning them whilst…
  • elsmandino -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Like (Post)
    Quote from elsmandino: “Would you mind explaining how I can find this out, please? ” Never used tvheadend. I would start by looking at the output of ps aux for something obvious.