openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue)

randomthoughts

Slight difficulty understanding virtual login

Kai

ZFS Plugin Install Failure on Fresh OS Install

skettydog

Fast Write - Slow Read (NFS, SMB, SFTP)

guzzisti

pcie video card

goatmax

Recent Activities

• randomthoughts -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue).

To answer tkaiser's question first - root@locker:~# cat /proc/device-tree/model Marvell Armada 375 Development Boardroot@locker:~# root@locker:~# root@locker:~# uname -a Linux locker.trisect.eu 4.9.2-armada375 #1 SMP Mon Jan 23 16:52:54 CET 2017 armv7l…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Slight difficulty understanding virtual login.

Quote from guzzisti: “How do you determine, that the passwort area "doe not accept any keyboard entry"? On a linux shell login, the password input does not show any character. Just type in the required password - no character will be shown - and press…
  • skettydog -

Replied to the thread ZFS Plugin Install Failure on Fresh OS Install.

I think I got this figured out. I ended up following the zfsonlinux for Debian guide. github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki…#jessie-to-stretch-update
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread Slight difficulty understanding virtual login.

How do you determine, that the passwort area "doe not accept any keyboard entry"? On a linux shell login, the password input does not show any character. Just type in the required password - no character will be shown - and press enter.
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread Fast Write - Slow Read (NFS, SMB, SFTP).

No clue what might be wrong at the moment, just a question: Did you upgrade your installation to the lastest packages (via webgui or apt cli)? My box is running on kernel 4.18.x and my AMD E1-2100, which seems to have a similar performance than slightly…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue).

Quote from randomthoughts: “SoYouStart storage server ” Just out of curiosity: Is this one of their ARM based offerings? If so I would really love to see the output of Source Code (2 lines)And one question pops up: if this is some storage server…
  • randomthoughts -

Thanks for all replies I've been trying to get this working with a SoYouStart storage server using their OMV install option. Been trying for a few days and just can't find any way to create shared folders so I'm giving up and creating NFS shares…
  • crimsdings -

Replied to the thread Fast Write - Slow Read (NFS, SMB, SFTP).

i can rule out network issues: Shell-Script (10 lines)
  • Markess -

Quote from randomthoughts: “I'm using a VERY cheap server from SoYouStart, they offer an OMV install which I assume is a .ISO. Using this I couldn't select a device for shared folders. I'm now on Debian 9 and have the same problem. ” Just to…
  • goatmax -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread pcie video card.

Like (Post)
    There are two types of Mobo's - those with integrated video output and those without a video output. Those without a video output generally (not always) need a video card just to boot. This is idle speculation but, something about installing the ssd…