openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

My Rock64 has two discs attached to it, the first (Boss) holds all of my data and back ups, the second (Slave) is a scheduled rsync copy of Boss that runs at 02:30 daily.

Last night both discs spontaneously unmounted at around 02:39 (the time of a system email). Any idea why this might happen?

This scheduled job has run largely unchanged for the past 6 months. The only modification is I upgraded Slave two days ago and enabled write cache. I left it copying Boss during the day yesterday.

I got a "sending incremental file list" message at 02:30 which indicated that Slave was an exact copy of Boss.

For the record I am getting several daily CRON-APT messages about "Failed to fetch security.debian.org/dists/jessie/updates/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file".
  • New

Good MorningI wanted to consult if there is a way to make changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons, since if there are active transfers they fall.Sorry for my English, Google Translate

--------------------------------

Buenos días
    Queria consulta si existe una forma de realizar cambios en los permisos sin reiniciar los servicios, ya que al si hay transferencias activas estas se caen.

Perdon por mi ingles, Google Traductor
  • New

hello guys, i'd like to run the watchtower docker with some adjustments.
    watchtower should only check for new images all 6 hours and delete the old images afterwards.

to achieve this, is it correct to add the following line in the extra arguments field in omv/docker GUI?

Source Code

1. -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock v2tec/watchtower --interval 21100 --cleanup
    any feedback or corrections appreciated.
    i just started with docker, so still learning. :rolleyes: :saint:
  • New

Hi

I regularly install all updates from the webUI.
    Last time I did that there was an error message and I have not been able to access the webUI ever since.

When I reboot the system and attach a monitor to my server I get this message on repeat:

[FAILED] Failed to start A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.
    See 'systemctl status nginx.service' for details.

Plex, Tautulli, Transmission and FTP works perfectly fine.
    Any idea what I can do?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Spontaneous Unmount

ryecoaaron

Restart daemons / Reinicio de servicios

ryecoaaron

New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+

ryecoaaron

How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install

ryecoaaron

Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI

MarcTremonti

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Spontaneous Unmount.

Quote from Backslash Backslash: “For the record I am getting several daily CRON-APT messages about "Failed to fetch security.debian.org/dists/jessie/updates/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file". ” If…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Restart daemons / Reinicio de servicios.

Quote from lordabura: “The permissions of the shared folders ” You can always change permissions of shared folders/files without restarting a service or affecting transfers (unless you make the permissions too restrictive for that user.
  • lordabura -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from lordabura: “changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons ” Permissions of files? What daemon? It depends on which daemon you are referring to. ” The permissions of the shared folders, I mean the…
  • Backslash Backslash -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Spontaneous Unmount.

Thread
    My Rock64 has two discs attached to it, the first (Boss) holds all of my data and back ups, the second (Slave) is a scheduled rsync copy of Boss that runs at 02:30 daily. Last night both discs spontaneously unmounted at around 02:39 (the time of a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from lordabura: “changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons ” Permissions of files? What daemon? It depends on which daemon you are referring to.
  • lordabura -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Restart daemons / Reinicio de servicios.

Thread
    Good MorningI wanted to consult if there is a way to make changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons, since if there are active transfers they fall.Sorry for my English, Google Translate -------------------------------- Buenos…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Quote from Agricola: “Should I also stick with Samba alone and not worry about setting up Apple Filing too? My Macs seem to be working fine with the Samba shares ” Yep, I wouldn't worry about AFP since Apple is moving toward using samba. Quote from…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

Quote from ala.frosty: “I've seen that "httpredir" in the sources with all of the installs I've done. I always pick the "debian.org" selection at the top of the mirrors list. ” That is fine. It will just try to select the mirror closest to…
  • MarcTremonti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from MarcTremonti: “Quote from geaves: “Well it looks Ok, I would prefer to run that than a cron job for clean up....you could run it and report back :thumbup: ” thanks for the feedback! :thumbup: you prefer "--cleanup" or a cron job? dont…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Quote from MarcTremonti: “Quote from geaves: “Well it looks Ok, I would prefer to run that than a cron job for clean up....you could run it and report back :thumbup: ” thanks for the feedback! :thumbup: you prefer "--cleanup" or a cron job? dont want to get you wrong. …