openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,
    Is there a way to access files on my OMV via the Hostname?
    My OMV identifies as "vault" to the Network, it also gets shown as "vault" in the Network tab in Windows-Explorer. But when I click on it, it says that the Networkpath wasnt found. I also tried typing in \\vault\public in the Windows-Explorer but it still cant access it. Everything works normal when I use the IP-Adress \\x.x.x.x\public.
    How can I make my OMV accessible by its Hostname?
  • New

Hallo zusammen,
    Ich habe aktuell das Problem bei WIn 10 1803, dass meine Zugriffe sehr langsam sind.
    Den Regedit habe ich schon getestet aber ohne Erfolg:

Ich habe gelesen die Option "Zulassen, dass für Dateien auf diesem Laufwerk Inhalte zusätzlich zu Dateieigenschaften indiziert werden" Schuld sein kann.
    Ich kann das aber nicht deaktivieren, da ich von OMV aus wohl keine Adminrechte habe.Wie kann ich das umgehen, bzw welche Rechte benötige ich?
    Mein Windows User darf lesen/schreiben/ausführen.
  • New

Previously i have had the Virtualbox plugin installed with out any problems. Then i deleted the plugin via plugin control page in OMV. Now i would like to have the Virtualbox plugin up and running again, but when installing the plugin i get the following message:
    openmediavault-virtualbox : Depends: phpvirtualbox (>= 5.2-0-1) but is not going to be installed.

I have the backport enabled, and i have tried to follow other threads that seems to have the same problem, without any luck.

Any help i appreciated.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker mappings

Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI

MarcTremonti

how to migrate docker containers

Update hangs

mipi

Cant access OMV via Hostname

Recent Activities

• MarcTremonti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

hmm, doesnt seem to work with my command. old images stay there. something must be wrong in it
  • monsen -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x how to migrate docker containers.

Thread
    I am preparing to upgrade my OMV 3 to OMV4 and wonder if my docker containers will be correctly migrated when I just use OMV upgrade procedure from CLI? Or should I prepare them for migration anyhow? my docker containers are currently: nzbget,…
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Update hangs.

Thank you for the answer found nothing in /etc/apt but beneath: Source Code (4 lines) Can you tell me which is the right one?
  • DHGE -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Update hangs.

delete or comment the line file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives in your sources.list and do an apt update
  • CaptainWhale -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cant access OMV via Hostname.

Thread
    Hi, Is there a way to access files on my OMV via the Hostname? My OMV identifies as "vault" to the Network, it also gets shown as "vault" in the Network tab in Windows-Explorer. But when I click on it, it says that the Networkpath wasnt found. I also…
  • Pascal51882 -

Posted the thread OMV 0.4 Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, Ich habe aktuell das Problem bei WIn 10 1803, dass meine Zugriffe sehr langsam sind. Den Regedit habe ich schon getestet aber ohne Erfolg: (Hidden Content) Ich habe gelesen die Option "Zulassen, dass für Dateien auf diesem Laufwerk…
  • eBomber -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x No internal access to nextcloud.

Like (Post)
    You might try adding an entry to your LAN machine PCs hosts files tying subdomain.duckdns.org to the private IP address of your OMV machine. Or if your router supports NAT reflection, enable it.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

I like the idea of hacking a HH, the documentation is very good and there are steps of what to do if it goes wrong, the experimentation is a challenge, but I know I would get frustrated if I spent time on it and got…
  • kejXero -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox reinstall not working.

Thread
    Previously i have had the Virtualbox plugin installed with out any problems. Then i deleted the plugin via plugin control page in OMV. Now i would like to have the Virtualbox plugin up and running again, but when installing the plugin i get the following…
  • linds1234 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared Folders- Can't add new or change existing privileges on any.

Found the problem...further info in the SYSLOG of course: Source Code (2 lines)The OMV-SYS-Backup folder didn't exist. So I created it. All sorted.