Folder Created Date and Modified Date change when access file inside them

peterxxx

ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV

Reutemann

OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100

raws99

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount drives without formatting.

If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab?
  • Marfio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Marfio: “HP ML350 gen6 server ” You have to disable the raid option within the bios on those servers, it's set to use the Embedded Smart Array by default, once you have done that the disks can be set up independently…
  • Marfio -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Marfio: “My idea is to mount raid througt OMV ” Still you need to get rid of your RAID controller since otherwise you can only continue to use your disks on another machine featuring a compatible hardware RAID controller. So if you really…
  • Marfio -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Marfio: “HP ML350 gen6 server ” You have to disable the raid option within the bios on those servers, it's set to use the Embedded Smart Array by default, once you have done that the disks can be set up independently or as a software raid.
  • peterxxx -

Replied to the thread Folder Created Date and Modified Date change when access file inside them.

I found what is causing this: If file does NOT have ANY metadata (you can check file with Terminal command "xattr") and you open it, it will receive at least "com.apple.lastuseddate#PS" metadata thus system would treat this as file change and will…
  • Reutemann -

Replied to the thread ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV.

Well....it seems that was it. Disable all APM somehow did the trick as it's been few days with 0 disconnects. I wanted to leave this feedback here in case, someone faces something similar. Drive is a posrtable Toshiba USB 3, 2TB (not sure the real disk…
  • peterxxx -

Posted the thread Folder Created Date and Modified Date change when access file inside them.

Thread
    Hi, I just notice that on one Share I have situation that if I access file inside folder (e.g. open JPEG to view it) "Created Date" and "Modified Date" of folder containing opened file (parent folder) will get today date and time! I have two SMB Shares…
  • raws99 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100.

Great to see you have similar issues. Not great, but good to know there's someone else ;) Since my system is currently clogged, I started investigating again.. No high cpu usage / processes taking ram or cpu. BUT CPU waiting is high with around 24 Now…
  • zibbp -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Mount drives without formatting.

Thread
    Hello all, Before I had to reset my server I had 3 external drives in OMV joined together in a union filesystem. I had to reinstall my server (switched over to ESXI) and now I can't seem how to mount those three drives without formatting. In OMV when I…
  • Pariclas -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved PHP errors , cant change settings.

You were right, it was a browser issue. My php and browser knowledge isn't that great :( Thanks for your help!