openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I begin a new post after reinstallation OMV 4

My old sytem OMV 2.XX was crashed.

i would rebuid my old pool who was on ZFS

i 'm at the beginning :
    I installed SSL
    and follow this tuto :
    i have instaledl plugin OMVextra
    install promox kernel
    and remove the other kernel ( seems to be better to install ZFS )

now : i'm on linux4.15 18-4

but when i'm going in zfs section and try to create a new pool , i don't see the devices.
    but there are on disk section. ( i have 6 disks )

1 Ask : it's the good way to refind my old pool on my several disks
    2 why i'm don't see the devices

thanks for your helping to find my 6 Tera data
  • New

So I had an asymmetrical Raid1 as a basic file server. One drive was .5Tb and the other was 2Tb. I just replaced the .5 with another 2Tb, and I'm trying to resize the filesystem to match the new size.

My issue is functionally identical to the one in this thread, so I followed the same instructions, ie forcing mdadm to resync to the max capacity. However now that it's completed, the webclient still is showing the former size, and the thread essentially stops after running this command. What do I need to do to get it the right size? My guess was to ssh into the system and run parted, but I figured there's a better way to do this.

EDIT: After looking around on the forum, it looks like doing a Raid1 was a bad idea from the get-go (or at least should have been migrated at some point over the past couple of years). Since I have the old drive and no new data had been added, could I create a btrfs pool with the 2Tb drives, plug the old drive into my desktop, and copy everything over?
  • New

I went from OMV3 to 4 and i now i cant mount my old XFS drive from the Web Gui could it be done manually? and how?
    its the sdc1 disk, sdb1 is ext4 and works fine in the web gui.

Source Code

1. lsblk -a
    2. NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    3. sda 8:0 0 8G 0 disk
    4. ├─sda1 8:1 0 7,5G 0 part /
    5. ├─sda2 8:2 0 1K 0 part
    6. └─sda5 8:5 0 510M 0 part [SWAP]
    7. sdb 8:16 0 2,7T 0 disk
    8. └─sdb1 8:17 0 2,7T 0 part
    9. sdc 8:32 0 3,7T 0 disk
    10. └─sdc1 8:33 0 3,7T 0 part
    11. sr0 11:0 1 466M 0 rom
    Display All

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool

Docker not in execution after last update to 4.1.11

Cant mount XFS

ryecoaaron

Increasing Raid1 filesystem size

ryecoaaron

I can not install omv on a 16gb ssd disk

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• .H. -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool.

Thread
    Hi, I begin a new post after reinstallation OMV 4 My old sytem OMV 2.XX was crashed. i would rebuid my old pool who was on ZFS i 'm at the beginning : I installed SSL and follow this tuto : youtube.com/watch?v=rxEyR30iNt0 i have instaledl plugin…
  • Chryses -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker not in execution after last update to 4.1.11.

Thread
    Hi. I recently updated and rebooted the nas, but after the reboot docker is enabled but not working. I don't want to remove it and reinstall but I also don't know how to check why is not working anymore. How can I provide some log or some data to see…
  • valar morghulis -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant mount XFS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from valar morghulis: “But i dont get why there were so many entrys the OMV wipefs only showed 1 entry thats why they "regenerated" after delete ” OMV is using util-linux 2.29 which is much older. I would guess deleting each one in OMV would…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant mount XFS.

Quote from valar morghulis: “But i dont get why there were so many entrys the OMV wipefs only showed 1 entry thats why they "regenerated" after delete ” OMV is using util-linux 2.29 which is much older. I would guess deleting each one in OMV would…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Increasing Raid1 filesystem size.

• valar morghulis -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant mount XFS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from valar morghulis: “command not found it says but i guess i never had that drive in zfs format ” Strange that there is a zfs signature on it then. Not sure why it keeps coming back either. I can't replicate any of this on my test VM.
  • valar morghulis -

Liked ananas’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant mount XFS.

Like (Post)
    I had a similar issue after upgrading from 3.x to 4.x. Issue was a ZFS signature on my 4 disks. Looks like the newer tools are a little bit more sensitive. Use "wipefs" (be very carefully) to remove the other signatures from the disk. I had to download…
  • trey.merkley -

Would it just be cryptsetup resize /Dev/md0?
  • valar morghulis -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant mount XFS.

Should i try to delete every zfs_member number?? UInsggQ.png Edit: Removed all now its Working thx!!! But i dont get why there were so many entrys the OMV wipefs only showed 1 entry thats why they "regenerated" after delete
  • ryecoaaron -

I should have noticed you were working with a devicemapper device and that is was either encrypted or using LVM. You have resized the array and device but now need to resize the luks container with cryptsetup resize. Then you can resize the filesystem.