openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

Been busting my brains for the past 24 hours and it is 1AM for me when I write this but had no luck to make this plex server work, so far I have been following @TechnoDadLife tutorial using the linuxserver/plex docker image, but no luck so far the web interface starts, I created an account and logged in, and from here it is stuck in "looking for servers..." "A server could not be found. Download and install Plex Media Server, and it will appear here.", I have deleted this image multiple times, I accessed this server from my local IP and still nothing, created the image manually with docker, created it with the WEB UI interface, nothing.

Any suggestions ?
  • New

So I have to reconfigure things and it got me thinking. I have this powerful nas just sitting there streaming Plex and syncthing for my seedbox. While I occasionally rip Blu-ray with my crappy laptop and manage all my files from there.

I have just used OMV as my OS previously have software RAID set up on it and run it headless.

I was wondering what the cons would be to learning docker and running debian or windows if there's a docker for that so it can also be used as a regular PC.

Should I just switch to Ubuntu or something all together? My priority is stability and safe storage of my files. I feel like having it pull double duty will sacrifice that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  • New

Here I am, I just got my Rock64 board and installed a fresh OMV 4 (ayufan).

The first thing was to edit the IP address and set a static one. I did it via WebGUI but it stucks in "Apply loop", the same as all the users above (this issue also broke all other configuration menu, every time you apply a new setting or enable a service OMV give back the attached error).

The curious thing was that the static IP addess was set in /etc/network/interfaces with no effect. To "solve" 'Apply loop' I must revert it to DHCP.

Now the webgui is reachable both through the static IP and the DHCP IP.

Source Code

1. # Include additional interface stanzas.
    2. source-directory interfaces.d
    3. # The loopback network interface
    4. auto lo
    5. iface lo inet loopback
    6. # eth0 network interface

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

raid5 disk failure.

• JimT
  • JimT

JimT

Need help with docker plex using @'TechnoDadLife' tutorial, "A server could not be found"

gderf

RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?

Judibet

Cannot find device while creating a shared folder

Use Telegram as notification service Q&A

tzinm

Recent Activities

• JimT -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Ok, unplugged a drive while powered down and tried the command that ness1602 suggested. changed it a bit to only include dev b,c, and d as those are the remaining 3 in the array. Source Code (4 lines)No joy there. I then went to the GUI under file…
  • tkaiser -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Like (Post)
    Quote from geaves: “Exactly, but to the average home user they believe that raid is the option to have, but when something like that happens (which can also happen from a power outage) they think they have lost everything and the issue is with the…
  • JimT -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

One other interesting thing I forgot to mention: Unplug a drive while powered down and the array just goes away in the GUI with no indication of what happened. navigate to OMV from a windows box looking for samba shares and it shows all the shares as…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Need help with docker plex using @'TechnoDadLife' tutorial, "A server could not be found".

Without knowing what hardware you are running this on, and without seeing the container configuration, and without seeing the container log, not much help can be offered.
  • Judibet -

Replied to the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

Quote from ness1602: “if your raid is active then mount it somewhere and try to read data. What type of FS is there on md127? ” Hello, It is btrfs. Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Judibet: “I prefer trying to recover ” Ok, the funny part about…
  • nm, issue solved! I was confused when looking in the filesystem properties and saw the acltype was set to "off" while i found online that this property should be set from "noacl" to "posixacl" to activate ACL on zfs in linux and now i was left wondering…
  • Hi, Been busting my brains for the past 24 hours and it is 1AM for me when I write this but had no luck to make this plex server work, so far I have been following @TechnoDadLife tutorial using the linuxserver/plex docker image, but no luck so far the…
  • liv -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find device while creating a shared folder.

Thread
    Hi, I've a problem trying to create a shared folder. I cannot see any device in the list. I already have three shared folders working on the same device. Looking in the filesystem list, I cannot mount or unmount this device. It is an ext4 filesystem, not…
  • tzinm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

Quote from subzero79: “If it has extension it won’t work. ” I am watching the logs, and when I test the notification it returned this: Source Code (1 line)Maybe you know what´s going on. Thank you
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Slow copy speed.

You don't specify anything about your network. Most likely that is where you will find the problem. I assume you have fresh pristine software installs and updated drivers and so on. If not, fix that! Then try to rule out damaged or unseated cables and…