openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Can't create filesystem. Disk disappears after the end of the formatting process

Automount with BTRFS failed

flmaxey

Problem partition

flmaxey

Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault

drwhowhogrub

Execution failed Service nginx

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• In the filesystem section, I choose create, I select the disk, I give it a label, I select ext4 and then I hit "ok" The system then goes through the whole process of creating the filesystem. As soon as the dialog box says "the file system creation has…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount with BTRFS failed.

Quote from Primaerplan: “ How can i fix this problem permanently? ” Is there a reason why you must use BTRFS? Have you given thought to trying ZFS?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount with BTRFS failed.

Quote from Primaerplan: “How can i fix this problem permanently? ” That is a question I can't answer. I've tried for years to figure out why these arrays will assemble but fail on the next boot. It doesn't help that I don't have an array in that…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Problem partition.

OMV was designed to operate with two drives. One is a boot drive for the OS, and the other is for data. As you get into it, especially when it comes to backup, you'll begin to understand that 2 separate drives is good for Servers and NAS systems. Get a…
  • drwhowhogrub -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

I have been looking at the plugins and they seem really awesome, I have already installed the Plex plugin. I was hoping I could install a Nextcloud instance and I'm guessing I can do that with Docker but have never used Docker before so will have to look…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from drwhowhogrub: “1. it took a bit of playing around as I kept thinking the remote mount wasn't local, but once I realisedthat the mount was local it worked! 2. So now I'm ready to do the big file shift as I was testing it first encase I messed…
  • mrperfektone -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Execution failed Service nginx.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mrperfektone: “modprobe: FATAL: Module softdog not found ” Ignore this for now. Fixed in Armbian 2 weeks ago. With next updated kernel it will be fixed in your installation.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Execution failed Service nginx.

Quote from mrperfektone: “modprobe: FATAL: Module softdog not found ” Ignore this for now. Fixed in Armbian 2 weeks ago. With next updated kernel it will be fixed in your installation.
  • drwhowhogrub -

Thanks for that info, there is a lot there so i will need to refer to it several times before I fully understand it. I was wrapt once the files started transferring, it took a bit of playing around as I kept thinking the remote mount wasn't local, but…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

That thread led to a protracted and unexpected discovery - Monit in a Web interface, that's configurable from the same. Who would have thought? Looking back, I think I went through that extended troubleshooting exercise simply because this last winter…