openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi gys,
    I have searched the internet quite a time and the only practical solution I found was to restart the webserver. But I am sceptical, renewing the certificate is a simple maintenance task. Normal business. Is restarting really the only possible solution to update the certificate shown in the browser (nginx in my case)?

If no, what would I have to do? Cache refresh at client side does not work....If yes, how could the restart be automated such that after successful renewal with the letsencrypt plugin my nginx is restarted as well?

Thank you for sharing!
  • New

Now that I see OMV3 is at end of life, I'd love to move to OMV4. However I run stuff like Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, Plex, every day and from what I am reading there is no hope of these working under OMV4 and in order to get them working I need to first master Docker and get that running in OMV4 then use it to install all these plugins.

No need for instruction, as I see there are many how-to threads popping up, but is that the only path vs. just trying to move to OMV4 and keep the existing plugins working as they are? My guess is that if I release-upgrade to OMV4 I'm going to break some or all of my plugins.
  • New

Hey guys,

I wondered why there are two cron configs for my openmediavault-letsencrypt plugin. Is letsencrypt using the certbot and therefore dependent on this certbot cron config? Or is this just by accident one of them is redundant?
    I haven't installed the certbot actively.

Shell-Script: openmediavault-letsencrypt

1. @monthly root omv-rpc "LetsEncrypt" "generateCertificate" "{\"command\":\"renew\"}" >/dev/null 2>&1

Shell-Script: certbot

1. 0 */12 * * * root test -x /usr/bin/certbot -a \! -d /run/systemd/system && perl -e 'sleep int(rand(43200))' && certbot -q renew
    Hopefully someone knows!
  • New

Hello board,

I have the follwing setup:
    - a mergerfs pool
    - a sharedfolder Videos in this pool
    - this sharedfolder is used as a NFS share

Then my emby server (in another VM) is relying on this NFS share. And my android Emby app is supposed to access in direct to the movie through the NFS share.

My problem is: the nfs share doesn't work unless I reset the permissions (using the resetperm plugin) to pure POSIX rights.

But somehow, every now or then (no idea of the frenquency yet - couple of hours maybe?), the ACL reappear and break the NFS share again. I have to reset the permissions and it instantly works again.

Is there a way to debug this?

Is there a permanent swith to disable the ACL and prevent them from reappearing once and for good?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: it may happen after one scheduled rsync job (local) is run.
  • New

Hi I'm attempting a fresh OMV 4 install from scratch from a previous OMV 3.x updated install. I have an SSD for the OS and 5 HD's formatted with ext4 in the previous OMV version. Note no RAID. After the successful OMV 4 install I've noticed all drives are visible in the Physical Disks table but two drives are missing in the File Systems folder. No matter what I try, I can't get these drives in the file system and then mounted.
    I've tried:
    1. Multiple re-installs
    2. Manually created an entry in fstab and mounted successfully, but this vanishes with reboot
    3. "Create" file system: tried to recreate the file system wiping out all my old files. Formatting looks like it's working with Status=Initializing, but when done the entry vanishes again

I'm out of ideas. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kris

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV4 For Downloader & Media Server - Docker the Only Way?

gderf

ACL "reappear" periodically on sharedfolder used by NFS

etique57

How to automate the complete cert renewal including nginx restart?

Why is there a certbot AND letsencrypt config file in /etc/cron.d/certbot?

godfuture

error with apt upgrade

baro

Recent Activities

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 For Downloader & Media Server - Docker the Only Way?.

You could try playing around with dockers now before going to OMV 4. Just pick one to try, uninstall the plugin for it and run it in a docker instead.
  • etique57 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ACL "reappear" periodically on sharedfolder used by NFS.

Thanks, One more thing: the rsync job is actually really local, and the folders are outside of the scope of my NFS shared folder). I actually now can confirm: - reset permissions ==> verified my use-case is working ok, I can access my NFS share - then…
  • bbddpp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 For Downloader & Media Server - Docker the Only Way?.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Been reading up on docker. Think it's time I backup as many plugin settings as I can (like sonarr's), backup OMV, and do a full clean installation of OMV4 instead of an upgrade. I just run a bunch of separate…
  • gderf -

You have two choices going forward, use dockers or attempt to manually install the programs you need if there is no OMV 4 plugin avalable. The former is well understood and just works. The latter can be much more difficult and may not be even possible in…
  • godfuture -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to automate the complete cert renewal including nginx restart?.

Thread
    Hi gys, I have searched the internet quite a time and the only practical solution I found was to restart the webserver. But I am sceptical, renewing the certificate is a simple maintenance task. Normal business. Is restarting really the only possible…
  • bbddpp -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 For Downloader & Media Server - Docker the Only Way?.

Thread
    Now that I see OMV3 is at end of life, I'd love to move to OMV4. However I run stuff like Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, Plex, every day and from what I am reading there is no hope of these working under OMV4 and in order to get them working I need to first…
  • godfuture -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Why is there a certbot AND letsencrypt config file in /etc/cron.d/certbot?.

Understood. As I only installed the omv-letsencrypt plugin, I will delete the /etc/cron.d/certbot file. Maybe it got installed with certbot? Thank you! :)
  • baro -

Replied to the thread error with apt upgrade.

I had this on openmediavault-kernel-backports.list Source Code (1 line)but now it is disabled (openmediavault-kernel-backports.list.save) how do I check if I'm running on sid?
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread How long is a user banned for multiple posting?.

Thanks for confirming. I’m getting the same as hoppel. I guess if everything is good on this end, we go back to the Tapatalk forums! If this app wasn’t so convenient 95% of the time, I swear I wouldn’t put up with it! Edit: I smell a “GDPR…
  • ellnic -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread How long is a user banned for multiple posting?.

Like (Post)
    The plugin is updated and activated